A low level leads to various problems in the female body, the most serious consequence is impossibility of pregnancyi.e. actually infertility.
First sign hormonal failure is the irregularity of the menstrual cycle. The delay in menstruation with a shortage occurs for the following reasons:
- due to renal failure
- the effects of taking some medications - ampicillin, ethinyl estradiol, etc.,
- taking contraceptives that are incorrectly chosen (usually purchased without the consent of a physician),
- strong psychological stress
- restructuring of the body in menopause.
Lack of menstruation can be caused by a number of different reasons. Since the level of progesterone in the body of a woman is normally different levels that differ tenfold, depending on the phase of the cycle. Therefore, before prescribing injections of progesterone, it is necessary to be examined qualitatively so as not to harm the female body.
If the monthly did not start in time, then you should check if there is no pregnancy, for which you need to use a test strip and make an ultrasound. During pregnancy and delay, progesterone is prescribed strictly according to indications and according to a different regimen.
How do they work?
Injections affect the female body in this way:
- helps the yellow body to recover and begin to independently synthesize a hormone,
- stimulates the build-up of the uterine mucosa, triggering the mechanism of action of the glands,
- relaxes uterine muscles,
- stimulates the adrenal glands and the production of other important hormones,
- ensures the maturation of the egg.
If the failure in the body is insignificant, then within a few days the menstruation will begin, which indicates that ovulation has ended successfully, and the uterus is cleared and the old layer of the endometrium is ejected.
What if not started?
If the course of treatment with injections is completed, but the monthly ones have not begun, then it is necessary to contact the attending physician again.
Lack of menstruation can mean:
- the patient is pregnant
- the delay is due to other reasons.
Normal well-being and the functioning of all body systems, and above all - the sexual sphere, is possible with the interconnection of different organs. Hormonal background is ensured by the participation not only of the presence of progesterone, but also of other hormones produced by:
- pituitary gland
- adrenal glands
- thyroid gland, etc.
Only complete and thorough examination will show what caused the absence of menstruation - the presence of an ovarian cyst, problems with the pituitary gland, dysfunction of the thyroid gland or other pathology. Elimination of the cause will allow to restore the normal menstrual cycle.
Lyudmila, 28 years old
After miscarriage, I was scraped, after which there was no menstruation for 39 days. The doctor prescribed progesterone 2.5% - 3 shots every other day. I was warned that I would have to wait a week. But here's the good news: after 2 injections, everything is in order! Doctor my thanks for the excellent result.
Ksenia, 32 years old
Violated cycle, frequent delays. There is a child from the first marriage, we want to share a cub. Again another delay, gave the direction for injections of 2.5% progesterone. They made 5 shots, i.e. full course, waited 7 days. To no avail. The doctor said to wait another 5 days. Again, the expectations were not met. In a regular visit to the gynecologist, they gave me a referral for an ultrasound and an analysis for hCG and thyroid hormones. Hooray! I am pregnant!
Victoria, 22 years old
Kohl progesterone 2.5% is not the first time, since there is no monthly for 2 months. In January, she made 8 shots again, the wait for 2 weeks was in vain. After a full examination, a diagnosis was made - ovarian polycystosis. Monthly and no, I continue to take tests, do ultrasound. I hope that now I will undergo treatment from a specific disease and become healthy, I can give birth to a baby.
Women's health is a very subtle mechanism.whose work depends on many organs. Those who monitor their condition and promptly contact a gynecologist have every chance to correct hormones and live fully.
Phases of the menstrual cycle
The menstrual cycle is conventionally divided into three phases:
- Follicular It comes after the end of ovulation. During this period, a follicle is created, from which an egg cell will later emerge after maturation,
- Luteal. It begins with the release of the egg, when the woman's body is prepared for fertilization. At the beginning of this phase in the body, there is a maximum concentration of estrogen. After the onset, progesterone is synthesized (this is performed by the corpus luteum),
- Ovulation. It comes at the maximum concentration of progesterone, when the corpus luteum dies and the repeated process of follicle creation starts.
Based on this, it can be noted that ovulation occurs only when the nominal level of progesterone in the blood is reached, that is, its maximum concentration for the entire menstrual cycle.
This hormone is responsible for preparing the reproductive organs for fertilization. If this does not happen, then after the death of the corpus luteum, the concentration of progesterone sharply decreases to a minimum and a new menstrual cycle begins (with the end of ovulation).
In some diseases, as well as to save pregnancy, the doctor may prescribe a woman with progesterone. See instructions for use of progesterone in various forms.
About the reasons for the increased content of progesterone in the blood of a woman, read on.
A table of changes in progesterone levels during pregnancy can be found here: http://gormonexpert.ru/gormony/progesteron/pri-beremennosti-norma-po-nedelyam-tablica.html. Normal values and causes of deviations.
Progesterone: injections for delayed menstruation
The pituitary gland is responsible for the synthesis of hormones in a woman’s body. It is they who regulate the concentration, the period of secretion.
But due to numerous reasons, his work may be partially disturbed, which is necessarily accompanied by hormonal disruption. In this case, the body can synthesize progesterone in insufficient quantities. Because of this, menstruation does not occur.
That is, the follicular and luteal phases pass, the egg cell and the corpus luteum die, but the new menstrual cycle does not occur. This can and does provoke temporary infertility. Yes, and keep a calendar of the menstrual cycle in this case is almost impossible, as well as calculate favorable days for conceiving a child.
If the delay is at least 20-30 days and at the same time it is regular, then the only solution to this problem is to artificially introduce synthetic progesterone into the woman’s body. When this is achieved, the necessary concentration of the hormone begins ovulation, that is, the creation of a new follicle, from which in the future a new egg will be released.
By the way, progesterone is necessary for the preparation of reproductive organs for the placement of a fertilized egg. If the process of conception occurs normally, then the corpus luteum does not die and continues to synthesize progesterone up to 3 months of pregnancy. Further, this function takes on the created placenta. An insufficient amount of a hormone at an early stage of pregnancy can trigger self-abortion of the fetus. It is for this reason that women who are diagnosed with hormonal failure, have to undergo a blood test every week to determine the norm of progesterone.
After how many progesterone shots do menstruation begin?
Many are interested in how many after progesterone injections begin menstruation. The number of injections that will be required to stimulate menstruation for each woman is determined on the basis of the data obtained from the analyzes. That is, first of all, doctors determine the current concentration of progesterone in the blood at the end of the luteal phase and already after that indicate how many injections will be required to normalize the hormonal background.
The maximum allowable amount is 7 injections. In most cases, 3-4 is enough, which are administered every other day, intramuscularly. Progesterone is administered intravenously only in extreme cases.
After injections there is a high probability of getting side effects. Among them:
- a sharp increase in blood pressure
- general malaise,
- exacerbation of current allergic reactions.
When is treatment necessary?
Injections are appointed at the discretion of the doctor. Using them yourself without prior consultation is strictly prohibited! It is necessary to understand that any attempts to regulate hormonal background in the future will lead to negative consequences, and maybe to the aggravation of imbalance.
As a rule, with a rare failure of the menstrual cycle, conservative therapy is used, consisting in taking medications and vitamin complexes (an increased amount of vitamins A, E and C), which stimulate the production of sex hormones.
All this is complemented by diet and recommendations for adherence to a healthy lifestyle.
Following all the recommendations of the doctor, the elimination of hormonal imbalance can take up to 6-10 months.
But even if this does not help, progesterone injections are already prescribed. Too long a delay can lead to partial atrophy of the reproductive system, followed by chronic infertility. This must be avoided in every way.
Does it happen that the course of injections does not bring a positive result and the period does not occur?
This is quite common. In this scenario, the doctor conducts an additional examination of the patient, sends for repeated tests. If no contraindications are found, progesterone injections are again injected. And so on until it is reached the necessary concentration of hormones. This will not happen only in the only case - a woman at the time of the prescribed course will be pregnant, but such cases are excluded, because the first step is to examine the pelvic organs.
Also, menstruation will not occur if there are physiological disorders in the reproductive system. That is, the organs of the genitourinary system simply do not perform their functions. Such cases are considered separately. There may be a sexually transmitted infection, and perhaps a congenital pathology in the development of the ovaries (menstrual periods occur randomly or completely absent from birth).
Are there any contraindications for progesterone injections?
They are not appointed under the age of 20 years and in case of one-time delay.
Their use is also prohibited during the infection period (even if it is a common sore throat).
The meaning of the injections will not be the case if a woman has used hormonal birth control pills for the past few months. This is due to the pathological reaction of the immune system to a sharp artificial increase in the concentration of hormones.
Progesterone is necessary not only to maintain pregnancy, but also to maintain metabolic processes. The rates of progesterone in women are given in the article.
What values of progesterone should be in pregnant women in the early stages, you will learn by reading this information.
How does a woman's menstrual cycle depend on progesterone?
Progesterone is a female hormone produced by the ovaries. Its action is aimed at stabilizing most of the functions of the body and preparing for normal childbearing.
If conception did not happen, then the hormone still needs to be maintained at the proper level, as it is directly involved in the process of menstruation, in the functioning of the ovaries and in maintaining the body of the woman. With progesterone deficiency, the girl begins to experience certain changes that trigger hormonal disturbances, the development of gynecological pathologies, menstrual failures and other dysfunctions.
Hormonal background can be disturbed for the following reasons:
- adverse climatic conditions,
- unbalanced diet, adherence to strict diets,
- labor activityassociated with hazardous production (for example, work with radiation or chemicals),
- long-term use of hormonal drugs without doctor's control,
- diseaseswhich result in amazed reproductive system organs.
Most often, the representatives of the fair sex in the absence of critical days prescribed "Progesterone", which is widely used in medicine. This is due to the possibility synthetic analogue normalize hormone concentration.
How does the substance affect the woman's body
The peculiarity of injections of "Progesterone" is in the speed of its impact. The drug begins to work as soon as it enters the body. It takes about six hours to reach maximum concentration.
Excretion of the main mass of the active substance occurs through the kidneys with urine, the remaining share - through the intestines.
Influencing the female body, this drug:
- normalizes hormone production, which helps prevent uterine bleeding,
- creates the conditions necessary to attach a fertilized egg to the uterus,
- prevents uterine contractions and preserves pregnancy
- enhances the action of progesterone in the body during the childbearing, it is necessary to prevent the onset of menstruation before delivery,
- accelerates the growth and development of tissues.
There are not so many drugs that help to cause menstruation, but it is not easy to choose the most optimal remedy.
The mechanism of influence of "Progesterone" injections
The solution for injection in its effects is the same as that of other drugs, which contain hormones. After it enters the woman's body, the interaction of the substance with the protein begins, spreading over the cell nuclei and activating the production of individual protein elements that are involved in restoring the activity of most processes.
The normalization of the concentration of progesterone levels is manifested in:
- preventing uterine hemorrhage,
- rapid formation of the endometrium,
- restoration of the functioning of the ovaries and the menstrual cycle,
- the accumulation of glucose in the liver
- creating normal conditions for conceiving and carrying a baby.
Despite the fact that this substance in the form of injections has many positive properties, experts prohibit the independent use of the drug.
Pharmacological agent is prescribed in such situations as:
- complete absence of menstruation for several months,
- long or short critical days,
- pronounced pain in the abdomen during menstruation,
- frequent spontaneous miscarriages,
- heavy menstrual bleeding,
- impossibility of conception,
- deficiency of female sex hormones,
- pathology gynecological nature.
In addition, "Progesterone" prescribed to call menstruation, if there are systematic delays.
Use in pregnant women
"Progesterone" in the period of carrying a child can only be used up to 35 weeks. First of all, it is prescribed if there is a threat of miscarriage in the early period, the reason for which becomes a hormonal imbalance. The tool is quickly introduced in the required quantity, which prevents spontaneous abortion under the influence of excess estrogen.
Also, the use of "Progesterone" is possible at the beginning of bleedingwhich can trigger an abortion. In this case, the hormone acts in a similar way. Its penetration into the female body stops labor activity.
Since the drug is used only in emergency cases, then in the future, the doctor prescribes another remedy for a pregnant woman.
Despite the fact that progesterone is present in the body of every representative of the fair sex, the use of its synthetic analogue has limitations that can provoke more serious irreversible effects. The drug is contraindicated in:
- diabetes mellitus
- predisposition to allergies, which contributes to the development of problems with the respiratory system,
- bronchial asthma,
- chronic high blood pressure
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels,
- liver pathologies,
- propensity to form blood clots,
- prolonged depression and mental disorders
- cancers in the genitals or mammary glands.
Also specialists do not recommend taking the drug when planning pregnancy soon. Its joint use with alcoholic drinks is excluded.
If the hormonal agent is used incorrectly, the likelihood of undesirable actions increases. Most often, such a situation is possible if the dosage of the drug was chosen incorrectly, and also when the drug was taken on its own, without the supervision of the attending physician.
To eliminate the negative effects, the dosage of the drug is first of all adjusted.When this action does not bring positive results, the treatment is stopped or the hormone is replaced with a similar one.
Among the most common side effects emit:
- decreased libido
- unstable blood pressure
- liver dysfunction
- nausea and vomiting
- weight gain
- pigmentation process
- discomfort in the mammary glands,
- incomprehensible vaginal discharge,
- migraines and headaches.
Reception "Progesterone" also can lead to a lack of menstruation for several cycles in a row. In this case, the woman makes an ultrasound examination of the reproductive system.
If the patient observes at least one of the listed symptoms in her, then she should immediately consult a doctor who will change the tactics of further therapy.
After the doctor develops a treatment regimen, an injection of Progesterone is given. In medicine, an oil solution is used, which contains natural olive or almond oil with synthetic hormone. The drug is released in 1%, 2% and 2.5% concentration. Substance administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
With painful menstruation, the first injection is set a week before the cycle begins. For this purpose, a one percent solution is used. After several cycles, additional injections are recommended.
If during menstruation there is a large loss of blood, the drug is injected within 6-8 days.
To cause menstruation, it is necessary to apply 1 or 2.5 percent solution throughout the week. In addition, specialists can use the alternating scheme, when the shots are put in a day.
When to wait for the monthly after the injection
Accurately answering the question of when menstruation begins after the injection of Progesterone is quite difficult. Much in such situations depends on the individual characteristics of the female body, the accompanying pathological processes, the reaction to the synthetic hormone and other factors. In general, in the absence of any abnormalities, critical days come on the third day after treatment is started. Sometimes, with a strong lack of progesterone, the onset of menstruation is noted only after the end of the full therapeutic course - usually for 8-12 days.
If the monthly has not come, it is recommended to visit a specialist. A re-diagnosis is appointed, which is used to establish the cause of the ineffectiveness of the drug.
For drugs that include progesterone, include "Kraynon "," Prozhestozhel "," Utrozhestan "," Endometrine "," Iprozhin ". Among the multicomponent analogues of "Progesterone" emit "Triozhinal" - capsules for vaginal use.
There was a delay in menstruation for 20 days. The doctor prescribed progesterone injections. After seven injections, bleeding began. The drug really helped.
Not so long ago, the doctor diagnosed my hormonal imbalance, which was expressed by an increase in testosterone concentration and a decrease in prolactin and estrogen. This condition adversely affected the menstrual cycle. She turned to a gynecologist, who advised me on Progesterone injections. The treatment regimen brought only positive results, the menstrual cycle was restored.
Progesterone is one of the most significant hormones in a woman's body, which affects the work of most systems. If there are any problems with the menstrual cycle, then often doctors prescribe drugs with its content. However, it is important to remember that using the medicine on your own is strictly prohibited, as this may cause even more serious consequences.
Who needs progesterone shots
For various disorders of the menstrual cycle and infertility, doctors include synthetic hormone in a comprehensive drug treatment. The individual scheme of therapy is selected based on the level of hormone in the blood of women.
Concentrations of the drug Progesterone for calling monthly are as follows - 1%, 2% and 2.5%. The substance is an oil solution where the hormone is diluted with olive or almond oil.
Progesterone deficiency causes the following abnormalities:
- Painful periods.
- Abundant menstruation.
- Bleeding in the middle of the cycle.
- Inability to carry a pregnancy.
- Amenorrhea - the absence of critical days for several cycles in a row.
- Anovulatory cycle - the egg does not come out of the follicle.
The dosage and duration of the injection depends on the general condition of the body and its characteristics. In the absence of serious pathologies in the urogenital area, gynecologists practice a standard scheme for using progesterone injections (1% solution). The woman receives injections daily for 1 week. During this time, its reproductive function should be restored. Repeated course can be taken in a few months.
With abundant blood loss, the drug is used 6 - 8 days in a row in the right dosage - 0.5 - 1.5 ml of progesterone is administered to the patient (solution concentration 1 or 2.5%). Another scheme for the use of synthetic hormone involves staging injections every other day. Receiving a similar therapy, the female body independently picks up the right dose to start the next bleeding.
In every woman's body, artificial progesterone behaves differently. The effectiveness of its impact depends not only on the general condition and individual characteristics, but also on the psycho-emotional mood.
How to administer medication
Find information on how to prick progesterone to cause monthly, in the instructions. The manufacturer warns that the hormone suppresses ovulation, so to solve the problem of delayed hormone injections should be done in phase 2 of the cycle.
But if the monthly delay is short, only 3 - 5 days, you should not use the medication. It is better to wait or take a folk remedy, for example, fragrant decoction of bay leaf. If menstruation is not a few weeks or months, a few injections with progesterone will correct the situation.
Where can I inject progesterone? Doctors suggest a subcutaneous and intramuscular method.
But it will be less painful to prick the drug into the muscle. After subcutaneous administration, hematomas and compacted areas often remain, but this method is good because it can be practiced on your own without recourse to medical staff.
To reduce the intensity of pain and enhance the effectiveness of treatment will help simple action - before taking progesterone for delaying monthly injections for some time kept at room temperature. If crystals are seen in the ampoule, it is heated in a water bath to completely dissolve the substances. Cool the drug in vivo.
Other uses of progesterone in ampoules:
- Bleeding Dosage of the drug - 5-15 mg. Use of the drug after curettage of the uterus is allowed after 3 weeks. Early application of the drug increases the duration of bleeding by 3–5 days.
- Bleeding amid anemia. First, the level of hemoglobin is restored by medical means. Injections are administered one week after blood transfusion.
- Bleeding due to underdevelopment of the genitals. To improve the performance of the uterus, estrogen is first administered. Next, use progesterone according to this scheme: 5 ml daily or 10 ml 1 time in 2 days.
- Climax, copious painful periods. Injections with progesterone do 6 - 8 days before the expected date of the next menstruation. The dosage of the drug is 5 mg for daily use or 10 mg is administered every other day.
During pregnancy, progesterone is injected when there is a threat of spontaneous miscarriage. A dosage of 10 mg is suitable for daily administration. If injections are given every other day, the dose will be more - 25 mg. In any case, the general course of therapy does not exceed 8 days.
When they come monthly after injections
Read on progesterone reviews when you delay the monthly can be on the Internet. First of all, women are concerned about the issue of when menstruation begins after injections with progesterone. The following answer is given by the doctors: if the menstrual rhythm disorder was not associated with diseases, after completion of therapy, the bleeding will open for 3-5 days.
If the critical days have not come, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor and undergo an additional examination. It is possible that a specialist diagnoses a latent disease, whose therapy requires a different approach. If everything is in order, the patient will be prescribed an additional course of hormone therapy.
As a rule, at the end of treatment there are scanty periods. A small amount of discharge confirms the fact of the impact of the drug on the body. However, the hormonal status remained unbalanced, which is why the thickening of the endometrium occurred slightly. In this case, little blood is released.
But sometimes it happens that the menstrual period after treatment with progesterone injections is plentiful. The drug affects the endometrium so that it expands excessively. And it also speaks about the imbalance of hormones. Severe bleeding after progesterone is due to the use of a low concentration drug.
Even more rare, one might say, painful periods after the cycle correction with synthetic progesterone are considered exceptional. Pain is not a side effect of progesterone. Its cause is the pathology of the reproductive organs.
Who and why need additional progesterone
Progesterone is a hormone of the corpus luteum, which begins to be actively developed immediately after ovulation of the cells of a bursting follicle. He participates in the formation of the second phase of the cycle and is responsible for many functions:
- The transformation of the endometrium from proliferative to secretory, which contributes to its rejection in the future and the onset of menstruation.
- Affects the mammary glands: stimulates the change in ducts so that they can later produce milk.
- It supports early pregnancy, somewhere up to 16 weeks the corpus luteum and progesterone synthesized by it are responsible for the normal development of the ovum, after which the placenta takes on this task.
With a deficiency of progesterone in the body of a woman there are various disruptions in the functioning of the reproductive system. The use of synthetic progesterone injections helps to normalize the condition and to avoid further progression of the disease.
The main indications for prescribing progesterone are as follows:
- Pathological course of pregnancy. Progesterone can be prescribed even in preparation for conception to normalize the second phase of the cycle. Its use increases the chances of successful implantation of the ovum into the endometrium. Its normal level prevents the termination of pregnancy in the early stages.
- Endometriosis. The appointment of progesterone for a long period of time helps to somewhat reduce the manifestations of the main symptoms of the disease.
- For the treatment of pronounced premenstrual syndrome.
- For the correction of the menstrual cycle with delays, failures, with a heavy discharge.
- For the treatment of endometrial pathology: with polyps, hyperplasia.
- For the correction of disorders in other gynecological diseases, for example, in uterine myoma, functional ovarian cysts.
And here is more about how menstruation changes while taking Norkolut.
Progesterone is available in 1 ml ampoules, but the concentration of the solution may be different: 1% and 2.5%. Before use preparation of a preparation is necessary. For this you need:
- warm up the ampoule in the water bath to 30-40 degrees,
- if crystals suddenly appear, it is necessary to heat more
- then you need to enter the desired dosage subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
Schemes and dosages differ depending on the clinical situation the remedy is prescribed. The main recommendations are as follows:
What is progesterone
In the second phase of the menstrual cycle, immediately after ovulation, the natural sex hormone, progesterone, should increase. Its main function is to prepare the body for a future pregnancy, in case of fertilization, to activate the processes of rejection of the endometrial layer and the onset of menstruation, if this does not happen. Many factors influence the hormones of a woman. A slight change in progesterone level can cause a delay. In the presence of severe pathological processes associated with a deficiency of the hormone of the second phase, menstruation may not begin at all. Immediately before menstruation, progesterone decreases, menstruation begins.
Progesterone deficiency is the most common cause of delayed menstruation. Doctors are so used to it that they prescribe an injection without prior hormonal studies of the patient. In no case can one agree to such emergency therapy. Because elevated levels of this hormone are just as dangerous as low.
A synthetic substitute for natural progesterone has the same properties, but acts differently on a woman’s body. There are a number of side effects that are sometimes difficult to handle without a specialist. There are also a number of contraindications to injections.
What patients are attributed progesterone injections
When the patient complains about the delay of menstruation, the specialist tries to find out the reason. One of the treatment options are progesterone shots to call for menses. In which cases, patients are prescribed such therapy?
- In the absence of menstruation for more than 2 months or for several years.
With an inadequate monthly cycle, when a new egg does not mature in the patient, and the uterine mucosa is renewed.
- With periodic bleeding in a patient between menstruation.
- Patients with abnormally short periods or heavy bleeding.
- If the monthly patient does not stop for a long time.
- With severe pain in a patient during menstruation after a delay.
Treatment with progesterone injections begin after the study of the hormonal background of the patient. The treatment regimen depends on it, since even the most insignificant, at first glance, nuances make adjustments.
Progesterone shots for calling monthly
The injection is administered subcutaneously, intramuscularly. The appropriate option is determined by a specialist. To avoid severe pain in the process of progesterone injection, the ampoule is heated for several minutes in the hand. The dosage is set for each patient individually. It depends on the level of natural progesterone, on the cause of the hormonal imbalance. To call monthly progesterone injections are used with a concentration of 1%, 2%, 2.5%. This is a combination of olive or almond oil with a synthetic hormone.
In the absence of pathological causes of delayed menstruation, treatment with progesterone injections to begin menstruation, the doctor prescribes the following standard scheme:
- The injection is administered to the patient daily in a dosage that is determined by a specialist. The duration of progesterone injections for calling monthly - 7 days. Usually, this is enough for the body to recover, prepare for menstruation.
- In case of severe bleeding after a long delay, a synthetic hormone is administered to the patient every day in 0.5-1.5 ml. Duration of treatment - a week.
- To prevent painful menstruation, 1% of the drug is administered one week before the expected critical days.
In some cases, in order to begin menstruation, the patient's body is given the opportunity to replenish the missing hormone progesterone on its own. Then the scheme of treatment with a synthetic drug to begin monthly, is carried out every other day. Before treatment, the patient should conduct a general examination of the body, not only for hormones. In the presence of a low hemoglobin index, initially eliminate this cause.
In a difficult situation, the doctor prolongs the patient with progesterone injections. If, with an insignificant delay, 5 injections of the drug with a 1% concentration of synthetic hormone are sufficient every day, to resolve difficult issues, it is prescribed within 10 injections. Menstruation begins 3-5 days after the end of treatment with progesterone injections. In the presence of pathological problems with the genitals, along with progesterone injections, estrogen is also administered.
Acceptance of the hormone without pricks
To increase the rate of the necessary hormone can not only by injection. Specialists ascribe treatment with progesterone injections in special cases. Initially, they take pills with its content. Acts in a similar way, only in a lower concentration.
Often, Norkolut is used to trigger menstruation. The drug in the form of tablets. Reception is conducted every day for 1-2 tablets. In the first case, the duration of therapy lasts 10 days, in the second - 5. Menstruation begins either while taking the pills or 1-3 days after the end of therapy. It all depends on the initial level of hormones.
According to women, Norcolut is very effective, easy to use, with few side effects. In most cases, menstruation begins immediately after taking the pills. At the same time, it should be remembered that neither injections nor pills should be prescribed for yourself. Even if this happened, therapy should be stopped if side effects occur. Based on the feedback from women, self-medication causes a number of undesirable effects.
The delay of the menstrual cycle happens in every woman. It is considered normal if critical days are absent for about 2 weeks. Необходимо успокоиться, поскольку напряженная нервная система мешает наступлению менструации.Make a pregnancy test. After all, the lack of critical days is often associated with conception. With a delay of about 2 months, urgent measures should be taken. If the pills do not help to solve the problem, go to the shots.
Why is menstruation delayed?
The delay in menstruation occurs in women for various reasons:
- adverse climatic conditions
- prolonged depression
- constant nerve shocks
- prolonged hard diets
- pathologies of the reproductive system,
- come pregnancy.
Regular lack of discharge in the first days of the cycle under a normal lifestyle is a serious symptom for visiting a gynecologist. Lack of progesterone leads to disruption of the activity of the ovaries and failure of the menstrual and cycle.
When need injections
Injections of progesterone as a hormone therapy are prescribed only by a doctor.. They are used in the following cases:
- absence of menstruation for several months (years)
- anovulatory uterine cycles (egg maturation does not occur),
- bleeding between the regulations,
- long or short periods,
- copious menstrual flow
- painful menstruation.
In order to normalize after progesterone, treatment is carried out on the basis of laboratory studies of the level of hormone in the blood.
Injections of progesterone to call for menstruation are produced intravenously and intramuscularly. Recommendations on how to enter a hormone should be a doctor. Before the procedure, the ampoule with medicine should be warmed in your hand to reduce pain.
When crystals are found in the oil solution of the hormone, it is heated in a water bath until they are completely dissolved. In most patients, menstruation begins 3-5 days after the end of the administration of the drug.
The dosage of the hormonal drug depends on the results of laboratory blood tests for the level of progestin, the reasons for the absence of menstruation and its severity:
With a diagnosed progestin deficiency, the hormone regimens are as follows:
- a slight deviation from the norm - 1% solution is injected 4-5 days 1 time per day,
- serious hormonal failure - make 6-10 injections.
The hormone concentration is chosen by the doctor.. The maximum value is 2.5%, in this case a single injection should not exceed 1 ml. A lower concentration (1%, 2%) involves the injection of a drug in the amount of 0.5-2.5 ml.
Injections can be assigned depending on how high the hormone level is observed in the patient and on the phase of the menstrual cycle. An indication for use is usually an attempt to artificially cause menstruation or other disorders associated with the pathology of pregnancy or the menstrual cycle:
- with anemia, the course of therapy is usually from 6 to 10 days, and the dose of 1% solution is about 1 ml,
- with a painful course of menstrual dose of progesterone is 2 ml, and the course of therapy lasts about 8 days,
- to prevent spontaneous abortion in the second and third months of pregnancy,
- to increase progesterone during pregnancy,
- if necessary, cause monthly in the second phase of the menstrual cycle.
It should be understood that minor deviations in the duration of the monthly cycle occur in all women when it comes to one-off cases, and the delay is 3-5 days, then you should not worry and contact a specialist.
But if the monthly does not occur for 40 or more days and if this happens regularly, then this is already a reason for going to the doctor. After testing, which will reveal a reduced level of progesterone, hormone therapy (shots or tablets) for a period of 1-2 weeks will be prescribed.
For the prevention and treatment of mild disorders no need for injections. In one-off cases, for the need to call for periods and for the normalization of the cycle, you can use medicinal herbs, such as chamomile and elecampane.
Two important points should be taken into account: firstly, in no case should the decoction be used during pregnancy, as this can provoke a miscarriage, and secondly, one should not take the decoction of this herb during menstruation, which can cause severe and uncontrolled bleeding.
About the healing properties of chamomile is known for a long time, it is an excellent and affordable tool for the treatment of inflammatory processes, including in the genitourinary system. Also, chamomile is widely used as one of the best diuretics, in connection with this decoction and chamomile tincture are used in the treatment of kidneys, gall and bladder, gastrointestinal tract. Not many people know that chamomile is a wonderful natural regulator of the menstrual cycle.
But about the fact that devysil can instantly (after several tricks) cause menstruation, they knew from time immemorial and widely used it. This wonderful herb must be used carefully, so it is very strong effect on the female reproductive system and has a number of contraindications. And drinking decoction when pregnancy or during menstruation is not just silly, but also very dangerous.
A safe amount of decoction when trying to call monthly - 100 grams twice a day, if after 3 days the monthly did not begin, double the dose. And even if it did not help after 6 days of admission, it is best to consult a doctor.
The effect of progesterone on the menstrual cycle
Ovaries are responsible for the bulk of progesterone produced in the female body, and only a small proportion of it is produced by the adrenal cortex. What is the importance of progesterone?
The fact is that its main task is to prepare a woman's body for carrying a pregnancy. Its sufficient level allows preparing the internal cavity of the uterus for the attachment of the ovum and keep the pregnancy throughout the entire period.
In a state not related to the immediate preparation and the course of pregnancy, the proper level of the hormone affects the normal functioning of the ovaries during menstruation. Low rates of progesterone entail a violation of the menstrual cycle.
Progesterone production varies in direct proportion to the monthly phase:
- during the follicular phase, its level is the lowest,
- on day 14, when ovulation of the egg occurs, the hormone levels begin to grow exponentially,
- during the release of the egg from the ovary, the follicle produces the greatest amount of progesterone, thereby helping to induce menstruation.
Insufficient hormone levels can lead to disorders related to the reproductive system, including the delay of menstruation.
Progesterone injections to restore the cycle
Injection of progesterone is one of the most effective methods to call menstruation with their long delay. However, it is important to remember that any drug should be prescribed only by the attending physician. Otherwise, you can cause significant damage to your own health. In addition, the doctor will determine the exact dosage of progesterone, based on the results of tests and the general health of the patient.
The most applicable dosage of the hormone is from 1% to 2.5%. Progesterone is contained in the drug in the form of a solution mixed with olive or almond oil. Instructions to the drug contains a number of contraindications:
- vaginal bleeding,
- education in the chest,
- functional disorders in the liver,
A separate item is to clarify warnings from progesterone injections in early pregnancy, because it can cause a miscarriage. Therefore, it is so important to determine the exact reason for the delay of the monthly periods using analyzes.
How to put a progesterone injection yourself
Injections of progesterone are given intramuscularly, the procedure includes the following steps:
- The ampoule with the drug must be heated in the hands, this will reduce the painful effect,
- Wash your hands thoroughly and wear gloves.
- Before opening the ampoule with progesterone, it is necessary to wipe its base with alcohol,
- Next, fill the syringe with a hormone and release the rest of the air through the needle.
- You need to prick progesterone in the upper part of the buttock, having previously performed at the site of the injection with a cotton wool moistened with alcohol. The syringe must be held at right angles.
- Apply cotton with alcohol to the injection site.
Before using any drugs, it is necessary to conduct all the necessary tests. This is necessary in order to find out which particular hormones the body lacks, and why there is a delay in menstruation. After all, not only volume is important, but also the ratio of drugs. Properly selected hormonal dosage allows you to gradually start all the mechanisms of the menstrual cycle and cause a discharge.
Currently, hormonal drugs are available both in the form of injections and in the form of tablets. Of course, it is easier to drink the pill, but when the drug is introduced into the body in the form of an injection, the action will come earlier.
Drugs prescribed for delayed menstruation:
- Duphaston - contains a synthetic analogue of progesterone, its composition is similar to that produced in the female body. May cause allergic reactions, therefore, requires prior testing.
- Utrozhestan. The main active ingredient is progesterone. Uncontrolled use of the drug can lead to complications associated with the growth of tumors in the chest, asthma attacks and allergic rashes.
- Norcolut. The drug contains estrogen and gestagen. It requires careful selection of the dosage and consultation with the doctor in order to avoid bleeding. The drug has a number of contraindications associated with intolerance.
- Klostilbegit (analogs: menogon and purgon). A series of drugs that stimulate the active release of follicle-stimulating and luteinizing hormone. Irrational use leads to excessive growth of the endometrium, which can further cause infertility.
- Often, oral contraceptives are used to induce menstruation.
The reason for the delay of menstruation may be both a lack and an excess of hormones in a woman’s body. As a rule, this indicates the presence of a disease that may relate to the reproductive, endocrine system or the brain. In this case, a thorough examination is necessary before taking hormonal drugs.
With a delay in menstruation, you can use progesterone injections or other effective drugs, but you should not forget that the drugs relieve the problem and not its source. To restore the menstrual cycle, it is sometimes sufficient to normalize the diet and rest. Except in those cases when the cause is severe hormonal disorders and diseases of the reproductive system.
Mechanism of action
The mechanism of action of progesterone in the injections is not different from other drugs containing hormones. After it enters the body, it begins to interact with the protein elements, and then spreads to the cell nucleus and begins to provoke the synthesis of individual proteins, which restore the work of many of the necessary processes in the woman's body.
Recovery of progesterone levels contributes to the following beneficial changes:
- Prevents development of uterine hemorrhages,
- It provokes the rapid formation of a protective mucous layer in the uterus (endometrium),
- Restores the ovaries,
- Normalizes the menstrual cycle
- Prevents contraction of the fallopian tubes and uterus (during pregnancy),
- Helps to accumulate the required amount of glucose in the liver,
- Creates the most optimal conditions for the further conception of the child.
Despite the many positive effects that appear after the injection of Progesterone, the use of this medication is strictly prohibited. Inappropriate use of it can only cause deterioration.
Doctors may prescribe the use of a pharmacological drug in the following cases:
- monthly completely absent for several periods,
- uterine hemorrhages are observed in the period between menstruation,
- menstrual flow too abundant
- excessively short or long periods,
- there are severe pain in the lower abdomen at the time of critical days,
- it is impossible to conceive a child or spontaneous abortion often occurs,
- insufficient ovarian production of female hormones,
- gynecological diseases.
Progesterone is also prescribed to cause menses with systematic delays.
When will monthly begin
Many women are often interested in the question of on what day after progesterone injections begin menstruation. Unfortunately, there is no exact answer to this question. The action of the drug depends entirely on the body of the girl, his individual characteristics and the presence of gynecological pathologies. Based on statistical observations, menstruation will begin as early as 3 days after the start of treatment. In some cases, with a more serious hormone deficiency, menstruation comes only after undergoing a full course of treatment prescribed by a gynecologist (usually 8-12 days).
If the menstrual period after progesterone does not begin, then you should contact a qualified specialist who will conduct repeated diagnostic studies and explain the reason for the ineffectiveness of the drug and why there are no monthly periods.
The absence of menstrual flow can mean the progression of serious diseases in the body that affect the work of the genital organs. In this case, the gynecologist will prescribe a treatment that will help get rid of the pathology present. After the therapeutic measures, if the monthly did not come, and the level of the progestogen also remains low, the doctor prescribes a second course of progesterone administration.
There are no precautions when using Progesterone. The main thing - do not self-medicate. Be sure to visit the doctor who, based on the results of the diagnostic examination, will determine the necessary daily rate of the drug and the duration of the course of treatment. Also, before starting any therapeutic measures, the doctor should study your medical history to make sure that diseases do not progress in the body in which the introduction of a hormonal agent into the body is strictly prohibited.
In that case, if you exceed the prescribed dosage, the girl will begin to feel the appearance of unpleasant side effects (nausea, vomiting, headaches, etc.). If they occur, discontinue use of the medication immediately. After the disappearance of unpleasant symptoms, treatment with hormonal injections can be continued by reducing the dosage.
Store ampoules must be in the package from the manufacturer in a dark and dry room. The temperature in it should not exceed 25 degrees.
Similar and existing pharmacological agents similar to Progesterone are:
The above medicines are also often prescribed to girls who have delayed menstruation or have gynecological problems.
Antonina Danina, 34 years old:
About two years ago I was confronted with amenorrhea (delayed critical days). After visiting the gynecological office, I was assigned to take tests and an ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs. After receiving the results, it turned out that in my body there is a deficiency of the hormonal element - progesterone. Perhaps it was because of this that I couldn’t get pregnant for a long time. Without thinking, the doctor prescribed me a ten-day course of intravenous injections with Progesterone. Already after 5 days I had the long-awaited periods, and after 3 months I got pregnant! This medicine I advise everyone with a similar problem.
Natalya Safronova, 31 years old:
Due to a long absence of menstruation (20 days) and a negative pregnancy test, I scored a panic and ran to the nearest hospital. The gynecologist prescribed the passage of some studies, as a result of which it turned out that my hormonal balance of female hormones and an excess of male hormones, namely testosterone, were quite strongly disturbed. My doctor prescribed me a special course of treatment aimed at stabilizing the hormonal level, and also prescribed Progesterone to call on critical days. Fortunately, the therapy was successful: hormones recovered, critical days came. I was also pleased that I was not tormented by the side effects that occurred with almost every use of my pharmacological agents. I am very pleased with the result and recommend that everyone with a similar diagnosis be treated with Progesterone.
Progesterone Pills for Calling Monthly
A pill, like an injection with progesterone, is prescribed by a doctor based on the cause of the delayed menstruation. The most popular tablets with progesterone are:
- Duphaston. If a violation of the uterine cycle is caused by hormonal disruption and is associated with progesterone deficiency, this drug is prescribed most often. The structure includes an artificial analogue of the hormone of pregnancy - didrogesteron. Tablets taken from 11 to 25 day of the cycle. The active substance loosens the inner lining of the uterus (endometrium). Monthly come after 2-3 after the end of the therapeutic course.
Duphaston regimen changes if there is no ovulation. The treatment course is long - 2-3 months. During this time, the ovaries have time to relax, their work is normalized, and the state of the endometrium corresponds to the end of the cycle.
- Norcolut. The active substance norethisterone affects the pituitary gland, blocks the secretion of its hormones, prevents ovulation, reduces uterine tone. To call the menstruation drug take 5 days, 2 tablets. Monthly begin immediately after the end of the reception. The drug has a large number of contraindications and side effects.
- Utrozhestan. The active ingredient is progesterone. Pharmacological action is aimed at suppressing the secretion of estrogen and enhancing the natural production of progesterone. The drug stimulates the development of the inner mucous membrane of the uterus. To call the monthly treatment course lasts from 16 to 25 day cycle. The daily dosage of 200-400 mg is divided into 2 doses. After discontinuation of the medication, menstruation begins for 3-4 days.
Undesirable reactions occur during self-treatment, violation of therapeutic doses, hypersensitivity to progesterone. In this case, the amount of the drug is adjusted or the treatment is interrupted. The following adverse reactions are known:
- blood pressure jumps
- nausea, vomiting,
- discoloration of the skin,
- weight gain (if the drug is administered in monthly courses),
- decrease in sexual desire
- deterioration of psycho-emotional state,
Adverse reactions occur after completion of hormone therapy: