Tampon or pad? This issue has been confronted by women since the appearance of these hygiene products. Some doctors predicted a quick replacement of gasket tampons, but so far both means are fully functional. Much hype about tampons appeared about 10 years ago, when cases of toxic shock syndrome in women became frequent in the United States. Several deaths and the plight of women did not go unheeded. Tied the cause of the disease with prolonged use of tampons. After all, each of those women used modern hygiene products. The version has not been scientifically proven, since a woman’s risk of getting sick does not increase after 1 year of using tampons. In the case of American women, all this happened after 10 years. This situation has alerted more than half of women. And the question is still relevant: "Gaskets or tampons?"
- Open packaging
- Free from wrapper,
- Stick to the panties,
- Wrap the wings.
Change as filling, but not longer than 4-6 hours. A diverse form, the ability to absorb different intensity of discharge, allows you to choose the means for each woman. Whether she has scanty discharge or abundant. Currently, a huge selection of these hygiene products, there are several types:
- Daytime. On the packaging, the ability to absorb secretions is indicated by drops. 1-2 drops for scanty menstruation, 2-3 for moderate discharge, 4-6 with heavy bleeding.
- Nightly. On the packaging is a drawing with a night starry sky, the designation is 6 or more droplets. Differ in large size. Since during the night of menstruation a woman can spin a large number of times. In addition, there is no desire to get up in the middle of the night to change them. This is done at bedtime and immediately after waking up.
Reusable.With a fabric natural basis, with replaceable inserts. Women use them much less often.
- Urological. This type is intended for women with urination problems. Often used after operations, bed patients. But they can be used for heavy bleeding. When you have to change the usual gasket every 2-3 hours.
All gaskets are made according to the same principle. The top layer is made of soft, pleasant to the body fabric. Hypoallergenic contain natural fabrics. Means to improve the quality of absorption of discharge have a surface in the form of small funnels. The blood freely penetrates, but cannot flow out. The second layer is the most important. Collects monthly allocation, does not allow them to flow out for limits of laying. It is made from cellulose, polyethylene. And some modern tools still contain a layer of gel, which contributes to the rapid blood coagulation inside the pads. The bottom layer is sticky. With the help of special glue gasket is attached to the panties. Additional flavored layer is not present in all gaskets. Its purpose is to mask the natural odor of menstrual bleeding. Each gasket is wrapped in an envelope. There should be a means to invest after use. Between the pads and tampons always got a question of pros and cons.
Advantages and disadvantages
Before you make a choice, it is advisable to examine the advantages and disadvantages. It should be noted that this hygiene product has much more positive qualities.
- Large selection of sizes, configurations.
- Easy and convenient to use.
- Can be used at night, without risk of leakage.
- Comfort Properly selected gasket does not interfere with movement, prevents leakage.
- Thin, does not stand out from the background of trousers, skirts.
Practicality. Each is wrapped in a separate envelope. No need to carry packaging.
- Masks the smell of menstruation.
- It absorbs well. There is a feeling of dryness.
- Easily folds into a tube, imperceptibly can be thrown into the urn.
- Affordable price.
Despite the large list of advantages of use, there are also negative points. It is the negative aspects of the means that can convince women to stop their choice on tampons.
- Some funds give themselves rustling when a woman moves, stand out against the background of pants.
- Despite the fact that the top layer is “breathing”, according to manufacturers in advertising, a greenhouse effect is created. The tool tightly adheres to the skin, does not allow air. Not quite comfortable to move. But, not least, on day 3 of menstruation an allergic reaction occurs on the skin. Often it is itching, burning, small rashes. It is eliminated after washing, finally passes after the completion of menstruation.
- The product contains fragrances, but, despite the timely replacement of the gasket, an unpleasant smell is present.
- They are harder to get rid of. Although this moment women especially do not take into account. In the toilet, it can not be flushed, you need to leave in the urn.
In order for the gasket to fit best, and not to list its shortcomings, you need to make the right choice.
How not to make a mistake in choosing
The tool should be selected according to the individual characteristics of the organism. If there is a strong allergic reaction or is not satisfied with the "greenhouse effect", you must buy hypoallergenic pads with natural top layer. But at the same time, the sensation of dryness will suffer somewhat. You must also choose the means without fragrances. Flavors - an additional reason for an allergic reaction.
Should be selected by size. In the afternoon, use, for example, a night strip to anything. And at night, in order to prevent the flow of secretions, it is better to use a tool of large dimensions. Be sure to pay attention to manufacturers. Doubtful means it is better not to buy.
But, surely girlfriends talk about the convenience of using tampons, they constantly talk about it in advertising. And the woman begins to wonder what to use next - pads or tampons?
It is an elongated rod with a rounded end on one side, a thread on the other. The latter is designed to extract from the vagina. Smooth surface absorbent material to facilitate placement inside the penis. Sold with and without applicators. Applicators are designed to move the tampon to the required depth. In his absence, this is done with your fingers.
There are several types.
- Lites - small sizes. Designed for use with scanty discharge. Suitable for girls with the presence of a hymen.
- Regular - must be used with moderate, normal intensity of discharge.
- Super - is used with an average intensity of secretions. For example, on day 3 of 5 menstruation.
- Super Plus - recommended for strong menstrual flow. But, when uterine bleeding can not be applied.
It is very convenient to use, although at first there are difficulties when introducing into the vagina.
Rules of application
There is one difference between pads and tampons. Gaskets can be changed in any position, insert tampons in a convenient. You can do this squatting, standing, with one leg elevated. Initially, you have to experiment. As for extraction, it is better to do it over the toilet.
- If there is an applicator, they will have to move the tampon inwards. Insert should be tilted, repeating the structure of the vagina. If the emphasis is felt, the difficulties in advancing, the slope must be changed.
- Take the applicator thumb, middle finger. Introduce a wide portion into the vagina. The narrow part of the tampon is promoted using the index finger. Until the fingers touch the skin of the penis. In this position, he will be in the right place.
- After that, you should move a little. If inserted correctly, it will not be felt when moving.
- In the absence of the applicator, the tampon is pushed with the index finger to the depth of the entire finger. Several attempts, and everything will go like clockwork.
- Removing is even easier. Enough to pull the thread.
Inside the vagina should not remain more than 2 hours. With scanty discharge, time can be extended by just 1 hour. Failure to follow these rules creates an environment favorable for the development of pathogens inside the vagina. That is fraught with inflammation of the genitals. At night it is allowed to use no more than 8 hours. It should be inserted just before bedtime, remove immediately after waking up. Every time it is recommended to change the procedure of washing. So, pads or tampons? How to make the right choice? It is worth considering the pros and cons.