The monthly cycle is a very complicated mechanism. For one reason or another, it may fail. And not always the problem is associated with the onset of pregnancy. No monthly month, what to do? An adult modern woman knows that if the delay is 2 weeks, you need to do a test and go to a gynecologist. What to do a young girl, whose menstruation may be absent for various reasons?
The reasons for the lack of menstruation
The monthly cycle after the appearance of menarche is normalized within 2 years. If the delay coincided with this process, you can do absolutely nothing. Especially if the girl does not lead sex life. In other cases, the absence of menstruation can be caused by several reasons:
- strong emotional stress, stress,
- excessive exercise
- taking antibiotics and other drugs that affect blood clotting,
- viral diseases and acute respiratory infections
- significant weight loss or weight gain
- climate change,
- changes in sex life
- bad habits,
- unbalanced diet and vitamin deficiencies,
- diseases of the reproductive system.
In addition, contraceptive pills can cause such a long absence of menstruation. Even those that are accepted as emergency assistance once. A strong hormonal “boom” occurs in the body, which cannot but affect the monthly cycle as a whole. Abortion last month is capable of affecting the next menstruation. Undergone surgery, cyst removal, cauterization of cervical erosion.
What to do with a long delay
Initially, the girl should analyze all the events of the past month. Perhaps there are significant changes in lifestyle, nutrition. Or the month was tense. After that you should go to the pharmacy, buy a pregnancy test. If 30 days do not go monthly, you can do the test at any time of the day. Hormone pregnancy in the urine will be in sufficient quantities.
Currently, the most common test strip. Dip for 15 seconds in the urine, spread on a dry surface. Check the result for a minute. The presence of two strips means pregnancy. What to do next is an individual question. In any case, you should visit a gynecologist.
There is no pregnancy, and monthly do not go, what to do
In the absence of unpleasant sensations, unusual vaginal discharge, disease of the reproductive system is unlikely. Most likely, the delay in menstruation is caused by hormonal imbalance. How to correct it?
In ancient times, in order for menstruation to begin, it was necessary to do the following:
- Drink an infusion of bay leaf. It is necessary to fill a bag of laurel 1 l of water. Simmer for about 20 minutes to make 1 cup of concentrated product. It is necessary to drink during the day. Monthly started the next day or throughout the week.
- Cook parsley infusion. Fresh leaves in large quantities poured 500 ml of water. Cooked for 5 minutes. Insisted half an hour. It is necessary to drink infusion all the day. If the monthly periods do not start, repeat the procedure the next day.
At present, such feats are not necessary. The gynecologist will prescribe a course of treatment to normalize the hormonal background, the monthly will begin for a certain number of days. The most common drug is Norkolut. The girl should take it every day for 2 tablets. Monthly starts within 3 days or 1 to 3 days after the five-day course. Or according to another scheme - you should take 1 tablet per day for 10 days.
Normal menstrual cycle indicates a good female health. Methods for restoring a cycle depend on the causes of the violation.
A few words about the cycle
First of all, I want to understand what the menstrual cycle is, how many days it lasts and when we can talk about deviations. Thus, the female (or menstrual) cycle is a periodic change that occurs in the body of the fair sex of the reproductive age. Ideally, it is 28 days. However, the normal range is considered, the number of days in which will be from 21 to 45. It is also important to remember that an irregular cycle can be in adolescent girls, as well as women who are on the threshold of menopause. It should be understood and stacked the concept of "delay". So, if the monthly late for a couple of days (or came a few days earlier), it is not scary and does not indicate violations in the body. However, if the spotting did not come a week after the target date, this is a reason to be alarmed a bit and to pay special attention to your female health.
If a woman has no monthly periods at a certain time, the reasons for this may be as follows:
- Colds and infectious diseases. They weaken the body and can affect the menstrual cycle.
- Mental disorders. Amenorrhea is a frequent companion of women who have various mental disorders. Also, the cause of the delay can be stress, depression, nervous shocks, problems at home or at work.
- Diet. If a girl does not have 2 months monthly but is not pregnant, the reason for the delay can be a new diet or a disease such as anorexia. The thing is that the production of such a hormone as estrogen, begins after the girl's body weight exceeds 45 kg. In addition, in its development takes part fat mass. If a girl sharply loses about 15 kg of weight, her period may stop for a while.
- Great physical exertion. If the lady is actively involved in sports or leads a very active lifestyle, menstruation may not come for several months.
- Hormonal disorders. If a woman does not have a monthly period of 3 months or more, various hormonal disorders that occur at the level of the pituitary and hypothalamus can be the cause of this development. Hormonal disruptions from the ovaries and thyroid gland are also possible.
- Functional disorders of the body. Menstruation does not come for a long time if the patient had an abortion, had gynecological diseases, or a woman breastfeeds the baby.
- Genetic abnormalities can also cause a delay and even complete absence of menstruation.
Postpartum and breastfeeding
It should also be said that the menstrual cycle in women during pregnancy and in the postpartum period varies significantly. After the birth of the baby, the first 60 days there will definitely not be any characteristic bleeding (the exception is lochia, which will be released from the body for several weeks immediately after giving birth, this is the so-called postpartum menstruation). Further, if the mother feeds the baby exclusively with the breast, the crumbs of the mother will also not have menstruation until about the age of 6 months. This is completely normal and does not indicate any problems with the body. If the mother does not breastfeed the baby, her periods will appear for about 3-4 months of the child's life.
If a woman does not want to resort to the use of various tablets and other pharmaceutical preparations, you can try to cope with the problem of menstrual disorders by using traditional methods.
- Parsley is an excellent stimulant for the onset of menstruation. In order to start monthly, you can a few days before the start of bleeding or eat a lot of parsley in raw form, or else make and drink a decoction of this plant.
- An excellent tool in the fight against violations of the menstrual cycle - burdock juice. Take it should be one tablespoon three times a day before the main meals. The term of treatment with this medicine is two months. It is worth saying that this remedy normalizes hormonal balance, and also helps to cope with such a disease as mastopathy.
- For disorders of the menstrual cycle, dandelion root also helps a lot. From this ingredient it is necessary to make a decoction. To do this, take 1 tsp. the roots of this plant, pour them with a glass of boiling water and keep on low heat for about 5 minutes. Next, the drug is infused for two hours and taken twice a day for half a cup.
Why do not menstruation come a whole month
When there is a delay in menstruation, most women suspect the pregnancy, but not only can it cause the situation. The absence of menstruation for 30 days can be a direct signal that a serious illness that requires medical intervention develops in the body.
Gynecological causes of prolonged delay of menstruation are highlighted:
- Being in a state of constant stress, emotional exhaustion. Constant experiences negatively affect the work of the whole organism. Reproductive system is no exception.
- Diseases of the endocrine system often lead to disruptions of the menstrual cycle, therefore, a woman should be examined not only by the gynecologist, but also by the endocrinologist, eliminating possible risks.
- Change of residence: climate change, time zone, active sports, a strict diet. Women in vain do not pay attention to these moments, but they can affect the functioning of the reproductive system organs.
- There is a delay in menstruation after taking emergency contraception. In the body immediately gets a large dose of hubbub, this provokes a cycle failure.
- The reason for the lack of menstruation may be recent childbirth. This situation is considered normal because the ovaries are suppressed by the active production of prolactin responsible for lactation. It is necessary to consult a doctor when menstruation does not come 12 months after birth.
- Delay of COCK may cause a delay. Getting the necessary hormones from the drug, the ovaries slow down their action. It will take some time for everything to be restored. The reason for concern should be the absence of critical days for 2 months. In this case, you need to consult a gynecologist.
- When critical days do not arrive in a timely manner, the pathology development option should be considered. Only a gynecologist can diagnose this. To pull with inspection, to ignore the problem is not worth it, in the end it can cause the appearance of serious consequences.
- After the termination of pregnancy, as a rule, periods come in due time. Their delay should alert, bring to the doctor for examination, clarification of the situation.
- Climax - age-related changes lead to a gradual extinction of ovarian function. The woman regularly observed delays. This condition during menopause is considered normal.
A woman should consider all causes except pregnancy, undergo a gynecological examination. Careful attention to the menstrual cycle prevents the development of possible diseases, helps to identify them at an early stage.
And can there be a pregnancy?
There are situations when conception has occurred, there is a delay, and the test is negative. This should be alerted, the probability of ectopic pregnancy is high. When the fertilized egg was attached not in the uterine cavity, but outside, it threatens the health, sometimes even the life of a woman. Only the womb is intended for the development and carrying of the child.
A false-negative test is possible if the woman incorrectly performed the procedure or the test strip itself was defective. For verification, it is better to buy tests of several brands and conduct an analysis according to all the rules specified in the instructions.
Lowering the level of hCG can also cause a negative result even when the conception has occurred. More often it happens when a woman drinks a lot of liquid at night. If the delay continues, and the results are still negative, then you need to consult a doctor. After an examination, anamnesis, as a rule, a test is taken, ultrasound. This will reveal a developing pregnancy. This is extremely important if it is ectopic or frozen. In such cases, terminated pregnancy or surgery. The doctor must save the health of a woman.
A long delay in menstruation with a negative pregnancy test should be a reason to visit the gynecologist. If the pregnancy is not confirmed, the doctor prescribes the delivery of additional tests, the passage of the necessary diagnostic tests. To see the state of the body of a woman is appointed:
- Ultrasound of the reproductive system.
- Delivery of tests for hormones.
- Passage of examination by an endocrinologist, therapist, and other narrowly focused specialists.
- STD tests.
- Filing clinical analyzes.
Obtaining test results allows the gynecologist to assess the women who are composed, to identify the cause of the long delay. Only after the diagnosis is made, the necessary treatment is prescribed.
In some cases, normalization of the lifestyle will help normalize the menstrual cycle.
- It is necessary to enrich the diet with useful substances necessary for the body.
- Develop a clear schedule of work and leisure.
- Eliminate irritants, avoid stress, emotional overload.
- Avoid physical overwork.