Uterine bleeding occurs in women of different ages. They can be a sign of gynecological disease and extragenital pathology, open during the threat of miscarriage or if an ectopic pregnancy is terminated. It is a dangerous condition that requires emergency care, because first you need to think about how to stop uterine bleeding.
Causes of uterine bleeding
The causes of uterine bleeding are various factors. It also depends on age indicators, as in different periods of life, the factors provoking the development of bleeding are diverse.
Common causes of uterine bleeding are:
- Malfunctions of the thyroid gland - in the presence of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism increases the likelihood of symptoms of bleeding of the uterus.
- Hormonal disruptions. The most common cause of bleeding in women at a young age and after 40. When the hormones are normal, progesterone and estrogen are in the optimal balance, blood loss during menstruation is often negligible. If a violation occurs, uterine bleeding occurs.
- Diseases of the circulatory system. There is a risk of bleeding when platelet levels decrease, as well as during a blood disease.
- Uterine fibroids. Especially heavy bleeding begins with internal myoma, then the only way out is surgery.
- Adenomyosis. A disease in which there is a merging of the inner and muscular layers of the uterus, menstruation during the disease is painful, long-lasting and strong, since the menstruating area increases significantly.
- Polyps. Are benign formations, often occurring in women of childbearing age. When they are many and large, they need to be removed, as they are the cause of uterine bleeding and pain during menstruation.
- Ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, premature detachment of the placenta. Similar effects during pregnancy have become quite common. During any bleeding during pregnancy, a woman should immediately call a doctor, as the bleeding threatens the health of the infant and mother.
- Malignant tumors organs of the genitourinary system. The most serious cause of probable bleeding, regardless of the location of the tumor, during any bleeding, cancer must first be excluded.
- Uterus Breakthrough Bleeding. The reason is directly related to the use of intrauterine contraceptives. In particular, the likelihood of bleeding increases if you simultaneously take contraceptives and anticoagulants. There are minor, at the beginning of the use of contraceptive drugs.
In what cases uterine bleeding is considered normal?
- Physiological uterine bleeding is considered only menstruation.. They last from 3 to 5 days, the interval between the old and new cycles is 21-35 days. Total blood loss in the process reaches 50-80 ml. If the above norm, then there is a risk that iron deficiency anemia will appear.
Types of pathological uterine bleeding
These bleeding specialists are divided into a large number of varieties.
But there are those that are more common:
- For acyclic characteristic that it arises in the midst of menstrual cycles. It is caused by symptoms such as fibroids, cysts, endometriosis of the uterus and other pathologies. If it happens all the time, you should consult a doctor.
- Juvenile bleeding. Characterized at the beginning of puberty. There are caused by a number of circumstances, for example, persistent diseases, high physical load, inadequate diet. Depending on blood loss, they lead to anemia of varying severity.
- Profuse uterine bleeding quite dangerous when accompanied by pain. In such a situation, the amount of blood loss varies. The reasons can be abortion, and vaginal infections, and the use of hormonal drugs.
- Anovulatory bleeding characteristic of women who have menopause and adolescents who undergo puberty. Due to the fact that the maturation of follicles and the production of progesterone are impaired when ovulation is absent. If not treated provokes the occurrence of malignant tumors.
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding occurs when the ovaries are disturbed. It differs in that it appears when the menstrual cycle has been absent for a long period, and the blood loss is sufficiently strong.
- Hypotonic bleeding arises due to a weak tonus of myometrium, after an abortion. Often happens after childbirth.
- Sometimes women may observe bleeding. clots from the uterus. Experts characterize their occurrence by the fact that the uterus during intrauterine development undergoes certain anomalies. Because the blood stagnates inside, forming clots.
Symptoms of uterine bleeding
The main feature of this pathology is vaginal discharge.
Uterine bleeding is distinguished by the following features:
- The amount of discharge increases. During uterine bleeding, the concentration of blood loss increases and is more than 80 ml.
- The duration of bleeding increases. Lasts over a week.
- Failure of regular discharge - menstruation lasts about 21-35 days. Deviation from this norm indicates bleeding.
- Bleeding after intercourse.
- Postmenopausal bleeding.
There are such signs of uterine bleeding:
- Menorrhagia - excessive and prolonged menstruation (more than a week), their regularity does not change.
- Metrorrhagia - non-permanent discharge. They appear more in the middle of the cycle and are not very intense.
- Menometerorrhagia - long and non-permanent bleeding.
- Polymenorrhea - menstruation, which appear more often than after 21 days.
In addition to this, due to large blood loss, iron deficiency anemia is a characteristic symptom of such symptoms. She is accompanied by weakness, shortness of breath, dizziness, pallor of the skin.
REVIEW OF OUR READER!
What is the danger of bleeding from the uterus?
Uterine bleeding is characterized by the ability to increase and not to stop for a long period of time and it is difficult to stop them.
Therefore, depending on the type of bleeding, the following complications can be dangerous:
- Moderate but persistent blood loss can cause anemia of varying severity. Occurs if the loss content reaches 80 ml. With this condition, there is no direct threat to health, but it is worth paying attention to it.
- Severe blood loss caused by a one-time heavy bleeding that is difficult to stop. In the overwhelming majority of cases, surgery is needed to replace the blood and remove the uterus.
- Danger of the subsequent development of the disease. This refers to small blood losses that are not emphasized. At the same time, insignificant blood loss leads to profuse bleeding, or to the fact that his illness provoked will go into a difficult stage.
- Bleeding of the uterus during pregnancy or for women who are in the postpartum period, it is quite dangerous and consists in the fact that there is a high risk of transformation into a state of shock. The intensity and severity of this condition is due to the fact that the uterus cannot adequately contract and stop the bleeding itself.
First aid for bleeding
Emergency care for bleeding is to immediately call an ambulance. In particular, this is important when a woman is pregnant, her blood loss is strong, and her condition worsens significantly. In this situation, every minute is important. When there is no opportunity to call doctors, the patient should be taken to the hospital on her own.
During dysfunctional bleeding, it is forbidden to apply a hot or warm heating pad to the abdomen, do a douching, take bath procedures, use means that contribute to the reduction of the uterus.
On their own, at home before the arrival of the doctors, the woman should carry out the following manipulations:
- Woman should be put to bed, on the back,
feet should be on the dais. For these purposes, enclose a pillow or roller. So you can save consciousness, in particular, if the loss of blood is significant.
- You need to put something cold on your stomach. When there are no hot-water bottles near, the ice turns into an ordinary piece of cloth.
Chill lasts approximately 15-20 minutes.after - a gap of 5 minutes. So you can achieve the fact that the vessels will narrow, and, consequently, the bleeding will decrease.
- The patient should be given to drink. Since it is problematic to install the dropper at home, you should give it more liquid. For this purpose, suitable ordinary water and sweet tea. This favors the release of fluid in conjunction with blood.
How to stop bleeding?
When the ambulance arrives, its actions are as follows:
- In the abdominal area you need to impose a bubble, which contains ice.
- When a severe bleeding to the car begins, a woman should be carried on a stretcher.
- Hospitalize the patient with the subsequent transfer to the doctor.
- The introduction of a solution of sulphate of magnesia, if there is a risk of miscarriage. If spontaneous abortion, calcium chloride and ascorbic acid, which is diluted with glucose, are injected into the woman's body.
Experts in the clinical setting recommend hormonal drugs for uterine bleeding to stop it, in a similar case, when a woman has no pregnancy, and there is no suspicion of oncology.
Hormonal drugs are Zhannin, Regulon, and others. On the first day, an increased dose is given, then one less tablet, reaching 1 pc. There are cases when gestogen are used, but they are used only if there is no pronounced anemia.
Sometimes use drugs that stop the blood, for example, Ditsinon, Vikasol, Ascorutin, aminocaproic acid.
There are situations when a surgical operation is necessary, for example, curettage of the uterus (a rather effective way to stop bleeding), cryodestruction (a way where there are no warnings), laser removal of the endometrium (used in women who do not plan further pregnancy).
Non-genital causes of bleeding (extragenital)
- Infectious diseases (influenza, measles, typhoid fever, sepsis),
- Blood diseases (hemorrhagic vasculitis, hemophilia, lack of vitamin K and C, etc.,
- Liver disease (cirrhosis),
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system (high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, etc.),
- Decreased thyroid function.
- Uterine bleeding as a result of disorders in the genital area (genital).
Genital causes associated with pregnancy (early terms)
- Abnormal pregnancy (uterine, ectopic)
- Disease of the ovum (cystic skid, chorionepitioma is a malignant tumor)
- Causes in late pregnancy
- Placenta previa
- Uterine scar
- Premature placental abruption
- The processes of destruction of tissue in the cervix
- Other obstetric reasons
- Causes during labor
- Premature placental abruption
- Placenta previa
- Low lying placenta
- Uterine rupture
- Vaginal and vulvar injuries
- Delayed discharge of afterbirth
- Pinch of afterbirth
- Failure of attachment
- Injuries of the soft birth canal
- Reasons after giving birth
- Decreased uterine tone
- Injuries to the soft genital tract
- Delay of parts of the afterbirth
- Uterine myoma
Causes of uterine bleeding
Where does uterine bleeding come from and what is its cause, let's try to figure it out.
- One of the most common causes of uterine bleeding are various gynecological diseases. These include endometriosis, adenomas, fibroids, fibriomas, cyst ruptures, various uterine injuries, tumors of all kinds, and other diseases of the uterus and appendages.
- Often uterine bleeding is associated with abnormal pregnancy and childbirth. Blood is excreted in large quantities during ectopic pregnancy and various pathologies of the fetus. Uterine bleeding occurs with any injuries during labor, during placenta previa and its detachment, as well as with an incorrectly performed cesarean section. If parts of the fetus or placenta remain after an abortion in the uterus, this can lead to inflammation and bleeding.
- Uterine bleeding can be a consequence of non-gynecological diseases. These include hypertension, atherosclerosis, disruption of the thyroid gland, diseases associated with blood clotting. Uterine bleeding can also be caused by urethral prolapse.
- Some infectious diseases also cause uterine bleeding - measles, sepsis, typhoid fever, and flu.
- Diseases of an inflammatory nature - vaginitis, endometritis, erosion, cervicitis, endocervicosis can also cause heavy bleeding.
First aid for uterine bleeding
Uterine bleeding is not a broken knee or a runny nose. In this case, self-medicating is very dangerous. If you or your loved one has uterine bleeding, you should immediately consult a doctor. If the condition of the patient does not allow to go to a medical facility, it is necessary to call an ambulance and give the patient first aid.
Not in any way!
- When uterine bleeding can not put a heating pad or other warming items on the stomach. This can speed up inflammatory processes.
- Do not douching the vagina - this can aggravate the bleeding.
- Do not take a bath, especially hot. And, also, you can not take any medication without a doctor.
While the ambulance is on the way, the patient needs to lie down and not make any sudden movements. Keep the patient in bed rest and complete rest. Under the feet you need to put a roller or pillow. Put something cold on the underbelly, such as ice from a freezer or frozen meat, pre-wrapped in cloth. This will narrow the blood vessels and reduce bleeding slightly. It is necessary to provide the patient with abundant drinking, because with blood the person loses a lot of fluid. Tea with sugar will replenish the glucose supply in the body, and rosehip decoction will increase blood clotting.
Types and treatment of uterine bleeding relative to the patient's age
- Bleeding from the uterus can be in a newborn girl in the first weeks of life. This is absolutely normal and due to the change of hormonal levels. Such bleeding does not require treatment.
- Uterine bleeding may begin before puberty (in the first 10 years of life). Such bleeding is associated with inflammation and swelling of the ovaries, which begin to produce increased amounts of hormones. Often this is taken for early puberty by the girl’s parents, but this is not the case. In this case, you should contact a specialist and be examined.
- Uterine hemorrhages that occur during puberty of a girl (12-15 years old) are called juvenile. But this is not menstruation, but bleeding - you need to be able to distinguish it. The cause of uterine bleeding at this age can be infections, viral diseases, frequent colds, physical activity, improper and unbalanced diet, nervous shocks. To treat such bleeding, it is important to identify the true cause of the imbalance.
- Most often uterine bleeding occurs in the reproductive age. During the period of puberty of a woman, uterine bleeding can be triggered by various causes. Bleeding can occur due to infections, as well as due to the intake of improperly taken oral contraceptives. Bleeding is a frequent consequence of abortion and miscarriage. During pregnancy, bleeding can open up from placenta prevailing, and a vesicle skid. Bleeding during the labor process is most dangerous, as a woman can lose a lot of blood. In the postpartum period, bleeding may open due to residues in the uterus of the placenta pieces.
- Uterine bleeding can occur during menopause, and this is quite a frequent occurrence. Bleeding at a later age may be due to hormonal adjustment, but sometimes it is a symptom of various tumors, including malignant tumors. Therefore, it is very important to consult a doctor in time - oncological diseases are perfectly treated in the early stages of development. This is especially true of the post-climacteric period, when the menses have completely stopped.
How to stop uterine bleeding with medication
Prescribe medications that can stop the bleeding, can only a doctor. We describe the main drugs that are used for heavy bleeding, and consider the principles of their action.
- Etamzilat or Ditsinon. These drugs have similar exposure principles. This medicine contributes to the development of thromboplastin and affects the permeability of blood vessels.This leads to an increase in blood clotting and significantly reduces bleeding. The drug is administered intramuscularly.
- Aminocaproic acid. This drug prevents spontaneous dissolution of blood clots, which contributes to a gradual decrease in the intensity of bleeding. To stop uterine bleeding medication can be used under the strict supervision of a physician. Aminocaproic acid is taken orally or intravenously.
- Oxytocin. It is a well-known hormonal medicine that is used during labor to stimulate uterine muscle contractions. Oxytocin is injected intravenously with glucose, and due to the contraction of muscle tone, the bleeding stops. However, the use of this medication should be followed by increased caution - it has many contraindications.
- Vikasol (vitamin K). A lack of vitamin K leads to poor blood clotting, so Vikasol is used to compensate for the lack of this vitamin. But this medicine is difficult to use in emergency measures to stop the bleeding, because the effect of taking the drug comes no earlier than 10 hours. Vikasol is often prescribed to people who are prone to heavy bleeding.
- Calcium gluconate. If the body lacks calcium, the vascular permeability increases, blood clotting worsens. Calcium gluconate is not an emergency measure to stop uterine bleeding, but it may well be used as a medicine to improve the condition of blood vessels.
Folk recipes to stop uterine bleeding
Home medicine prescriptions can be used as an additional measure to stop uterine bleeding. Many medicinal herbs have powerful anti-inflammatory and hemostatic properties. To prepare the broth, you need to take a few tablespoons of the plant, pour them into a jar, pour boiling water over it and tightly cover with a lid.
Grass can be taken fresh or dried. If you are brewing berries or bark, you need to use a thermos so that the broth stays hot longer. When the decoction is sufficiently infused, it should be drained and taken several times a day for half a glass. Here is a list of herbs and plants that can help with heavy uterine bleeding.
- Nettle leaves and stems,
- Viburnum bark,
- Water pepper
- Shepherd's purse,
- Highlander pochechuyny,
- Rhodiola rosea,
- The root of the leafless bergenia (tincture or liquid extract),
- Cucumber lash,
- Raspberry leaves
When uterine bleeding is recommended to drink rowan juice, diluted with mint tea. You also need to cook unripe oranges and eat them together with the peel. Unripe boiled orange has a pronounced astringent effect, which helps to stop uterine bleeding.
Prevention of uterine bleeding
Uterine bleeding is a serious symptom to which you must respond immediately. In order not to face such a problem as uterine bleeding, every six months you need to visit a gynecologist. Such preventive techniques at the doctor will help you find the disease in its very germ. After all, as you know, the treatment of any disease at an early stage of its development is most effective.
To improve the hormones, you need to improve the quality of your life. Eat right and balanced. Give preference to natural products - more vegetables and fruits, meat, cereals. Avoid fried, fatty, spicy, salty and sweet foods.
Exercise and find any opportunities for physical activity. Avoid various stressful situations or try to treat them more easily. Observe the mode of work and rest, do not overload your body.
As a drug prevention after heavy bleeding, the doctor usually prescribes a complex of remedies. It includes anti-inflammatory drugs, hemostatic drugs, vitamins, sedatives, as well as long-term hormone therapy.
Identifying the true cause of uterine bleeding, quick response and proper treatment will save you from this problem forever. Watch your body, and then your female health will respond with gratitude.
One of the unpleasant conditions of the female body is considered uterine bleeding with clots, you need to know how to stop at home. Under such a pathological state of the organism, experts understand the appearance of abundant secretions with the presence of mucous lumps. This problem is a big threat to the patient's health and in some situations can be fatal.
Features of secretions from the uterus
Uterine bleeding is the appearance of blood from the child-bearing organ, and it usually signals the development of any pathology in a woman’s body. Such an abundant discharge is dangerous and must be identified promptly. In the event that the patient does not receive effective medical assistance, this can result in the development of severe complications and even death of the patient.
It is important to remember that the appearance of menstruation, the duration of which usually fluctuates no more than a week, is considered a normal physiological phenomenon. In women, menstruation occurs about once every 28 days, although it is possible to increase this period to 35 days. The appearance of any other bleeding from the uterus is considered a pathological condition of the body, and require a mandatory consultation with a specialist.
Typically, during menstruation, a woman does not experience any discomfort and pain, but in some patients this process can cause the following symptoms:
- the appearance of severe pain in the abdomen,
- general weakness of the body
- frequent dizziness.
If such signs appear during menstruation, it is recommended to contact a specialist who examines the patient and, if necessary, selects the correct treatment.
Some women may have discharge from the blood for about 12-15 days after menstruation. The main reason for their appearance is considered to be changes in the hormonal background of the body after the release of the egg. After that, there is an increased permeability of the blood vessels of the uterus, which causes the appearance of blood. The duration of such secretions in the middle of the cycle should not exceed 2-3 days, otherwise you can talk about the development in the body of a woman of a certain pathology.
It is quite common that a small discharge with bloody veins appears a week after ovulation. This is observed when the fertilization of the egg has taken place, and it is trying to penetrate the wall of the uterus.
The appearance of clots in the discharge
It is possible to talk about pathology when uterine bleeding continues for more than 7-10 days and occurs more often than once in 21 days.
This is an alarming signal, because during the menopause the endometrium is at rest and does not increase, that is, the hormonal background does not change.
Signs of uterine bleeding with clots
Many women wonder how to distinguish between heavy menstruation and uterine bleeding. In fact, there are several signs that can signal trouble:
- the sanitary pad lasts for one hour, during which it is completely filled with blood,
- a woman cannot do her usual business because she is worried about the severe pain and the fear that at the slightest movement everything will leak,
- discharge from the uterus so abundant that you have to change the gasket even at night,
- blood tests show the development of anemia,
- the skin of a woman is distinguished by its pallor,
- there is a general weakness of the body.
With a combination of such factors, it is imperative to seek advice from a specialist who examines a woman and, if necessary, prescribe treatment.
Why does pathology develop?
Many gynecologists are convinced that the reasons for the appearance of blood from the uterus with an admixture of clots lie in various anomalies of a congenital nature in the structure of the genital organ. Such violations lead to the fact that blood stagnation occurs in the reproductive organ, and thisFormation of clots. Some experts claim that the reasons lie in the change in the level of sex hormones in the body and this leads to an active increase in the endometrium and its early exfoliation.
There are reasons that can cause uterine bleeding with clots:
- The development of a woman pathologists such as thrombocytopenia, which causes a violation of the process of normal blood clotting.
- Changes in the level of gomons in the female body, which leads to disruption of the functioning of the ovaries and pituitary. As a result, there is a failure in the production of such a sex hormone as estrogen. The result of this pathological process is the expansion of the mucous membrane of the reproductive organ, which causes the release of the egg from the follicle before the prescribed time. Such reasons lead to the fact that a woman begins premature menstruation, in which there are clots.
- The appearance of blood with a large number of clots may signal that a woman develops an inflammatory process in the genitals.
- One of the dangerous pathological conditions is endometriosis, which is characterized by the proliferation of the reproductive organ. In addition, there is a proliferation of the uterine membrane to adjacent organs and tissues, which leads to the formation of clots.
- Uterine bleeding with clots during pregnancy can signal abruption of the placenta, which can lead to miscarriage. In such a situation, it is important to quickly consult a doctor, which will help to avoid losing a child.
- The appearance of malignant neoplasms in the uterine cavity can lead to the appearance of heavy bleeding, in which there are clots. Most often this is observed in gynecological diseases such as uterine fibroids or ovarian cysts.
The causes of the appearance of blood with clots are quite diverse and each of them requires the obligatory observation of a specialist. Most often, uterine bleeding with clots is a signal of serious health problems, and they need to be treated.
Many women try not to go to doctors for help and prefer treatment in traditional medicine recipes. In fact, folk remedies often help get rid of various diseases, because their effectiveness has been tested by many years and generations. It is possible to stop and reduce blood loss with clots by yourself using traditional medicine recipes, among which the following are considered to be the most effective:
One of the medicinal plants is nettle, which helps stop the discharge of blood from the uterus. To prepare medicinal broth, pour 10 grams of dry plant with 200 ml of water and boil the resulting mass on the fire for no more than 10-15 minutes. After that, the prepared decoction is recommended to be filtered and consumed during the day 5 times in 10 ml.
- Representatives of the older generation say that it is possible to stop the blood from the reproductive organ with the help of red viburnum. To do this, you need to squeeze the berries well and combine the resulting juice with sugar in a 1: 2 ratio. The prepared tool can be taken several times a day, 20 ml, drinking plenty of water.
- You can stop the discharge from the uterus with the help of an infusion prepared from 10 grams of water pepper grass and 200 ml of boiling water. The resulting mass must be infused for several hours, after which it can be drunk 10 ml several times a day.
Uterine bleeding with clots can be a dangerous signal, especially if it does not stop within a few days. In such a situation, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will provide first aid and prescribe the necessary treatment.
It would be advisable to begin drug treatment, in combination with conventional and harmless means:
- Vitamin C. Ascorbic acid has an excellent effect on the vessels, ensuring that bleeding stops at any place. However, it is possible to use this remedy only with the proper dosage: you need to consume fairly impressive doses - no less than 1 gram of the remedy per day.
- Vikasol. The drug, which should be used 1 tablet 3 times a day, helps to stop the bleeding of the uterus with vitamin K, which has an excellent effect on blood clotting.
- Dicynon. Effectively stops bleeding, the drug has a good effect on the vascular and coagulation system while taking 3-4 tablets per day.
In many cases, the combined use of folk recipes and medications helps to reduce the profusion of blood loss or completely stop the bleeding of the uterus.
As folk remedies for the treatment of uterine bleeding use decoctions and extracts of yarrow, water pepper, shepherd's purse, nettle, raspberry leaves and other plants.
The most famous recipes:
- Yarrow herb insists like this: 2 hours
Spoons of dried herbs are poured with a glass of boiled water, infused for 1 hour and filtered. Use 4 times a day, a quarter cup before meals.
- Shepherd's grass bag insists so: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dried grass is poured with a glass of boiled water, infused for 1 hour, wrapped beforehand, and then filtered. Use 1 tbsp. spoon, 3-4 times a day before meals.
- Stinging nettle insists like this: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dried leaves is poured with a glass of boiled water (10 minutes on low heat), then allowed to cool and strain. Use 1 tbsp. spoon 4-5 times a day.
The use of folk recipes is allowed only after learning the recommendations of a specialist, since uterine bleeding is considered a symptom of various diseases, often quite dangerous. Therefore, it is sufficiently important to identify the source of such a condition, and to start the therapy as soon as possible.
What should not be done when bleeding occurs?
Bleeding of the uterus - a dangerous signal of failures in the female body. And should respond appropriately to it. First you need to wait for an ambulance or find out the recommendations of a specialist.
Only a specialist can properly assess the condition, since there are a huge number of factors that can trigger uterine bleeding and only clinical practice gives the opportunity to fully consider the problem.
It is prohibited during bleeding:
- Apply to the body a warm heating pad,
- Perform douching,
- Bathe in a warm bath,
- Use medications that reduce the uterus, without the recommendation of a specialist.
What features stop uterine bleeding?
The uterus is a completely unique organ, the bleeding of which is of a specific nature. The spiral arteries supplying the uterus are almost completely devoid of the muscular layer, therefore not able to contract on their own. Instead of the muscle layer, the lumen of the arteries is clamped by a thick muscle layer of the uterus itself. Therefore, if the uterus is flabby and atonic for some reason, the bleeding cannot be stopped without reducing means.
The main source of bleeding in the uterus is its inner mucosa, the endometrium. This layer, tearing away every menstrual cycle, after pregnancy and childbirth, exposes the spiral arteries and causes them to bleed. The pathology of the endometrium itself or of the hormonal background that supports it can cause extremely heavy bleeding, stopping of which will not be complete without hormonal preparations.
The structure of the female reproductive system. Click on the photo to enlarge
A large role in the occurrence of uterine bleeding is played by various inflammatory processes of the female genital organs. The inflammatory process triggers special mechanisms that reduce blood clotting and prevent uterine contractility.
Below we will try to identify several blocks, each of which will talk about the possible cause of the problem and how to stop a particular type of uterine bleeding.
In every woman’s life, a month happens in which menstrual bleeding is more abundant and longer than usual. The reason for this can be stress, hypothermia, colds, taking certain medications, a sharp change of time and temperature zones.
In medicine, heavy menstruation is called menometrorrhagia - the most common version of uterine bleeding. This phenomenon is characterized by an increase in the duration of menstruation over 7 days and a blood loss of more than 200 ml, but the latter criterion is rather biased. Most gynecologists use a more primitive criterion - the number of full pads per day. Five or more full pads, used per day, may indicate menometerorrhagia.
How to stop profuse menstruation?
Менометроррагию можно остановить в домашних условиях, однако подобные попытки без контроля врача крайне нежелательны и не должны длиться более 5 дней. Перечислим основные методики, как остановить маточное кровотечение в домашних условиях:
- Полный отказ от половой жизни.
- Abstinence from a warm bath and any heating procedures such as heaters on the lower abdomen or lower back.
- The “lying on the stomach” position can slightly reduce bleeding, since in such a position the uterus contracts a little better.
- A good choice for a "home" stop bleeding are the following medications - etamzilat or dicinone, extract of water pepper, a decoction of nettle and shepherd's bag. The duration of their admission should not exceed 4-5 days. If it can be seen that the flow of blood does not stop, it is necessary to immediately contact a gynecologist to correct the treatment.
Violations on the background of hormonal drugs
This is also a fairly common cause of uterine bleeding, as these or other hormonal preparations are being used by modern women more often. The reason for such dyshormonal disorders can be the stage of “addiction” to the drug, an incorrectly chosen drug, its incorrect reception by the patient, or an unauthorized cancellation. Bleeding of this kind can be as abundant - with scarlet blood, and long - brown and smear.
What to do when "hormonal" bleeding?
The basic principle of stopping such bleeding is an attempt to take a “double” dose of the usual drug for 2–3 days. For example, the patient developed bleeding while taking a combined oral contraceptive. You can try to take not one, but two tablets from a pack with an interval of an hour or two, that is, the usual and numbering tablet from the pack.
If the blood flow has not stopped, then the “double” dose should immediately be returned to the usual one, and the pack of tablets should be finished in the usual mode - that is, up to 21 or 28 days. For this, the missing pills need to be taken from the next pack. Next, the contraceptive should be canceled or continued in the usual way - it is important to understand that there is a high probability of recurrent menstrual bleeding in the usual mode of taking contraceptive pills. Such actions are permissible for no more than 3 days, otherwise it is dangerous to take an increased dose of hormones.
Uterine bleeding with intrauterine "spiral"
The intrauterine system, or contraceptive - the Navy or IUD, called “spiral” by patients, is the second most popular contraceptive method that is located in the uterine cavity and prevents the fertilized egg from engraftment.
How to help with bleeding on the background of the IUD?
The most frequent side effect of such a contraceptive is more abundant menstruation, this phenomenon is reflected in the official instructions to the tool. However, sometimes this side effect exceeds acceptable expectations.
- As an option of “getting used” to the IUD during the first 2-3 months after the introduction, this option can be considered conditionally normal. Treatment in this case is symptomatic - its scheme is similar to that with heavy menstruation.
- However, with systematic bleeding, it is important to find out if the system is correctly introduced. This is easily done with the help of an ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs. In case of an incorrect position of the IUD in the uterus, pain syndrome and abnormal uterine bleeding may appear. In this case, the "spiral" must be removed.
Uterine bleeding on the background of inflammatory diseases
Various inflammatory processes of the female genital sphere - adnexitis, salpingoophoritis, endometritis, cervicitis - are often accompanied by various kinds and abundance of blood flow. They can be complicated by both the acute process and exacerbation of the chronic.
Such bleeding can be abundant or lubricating, often accompanied by lower abdominal pain and lower back, an unpleasant smell of vaginal discharge and menstrual blood, fever, inflammatory changes in the general blood test.
How to stop bleeding in the background of the inflammatory process?
- The first step is to contact a gynecologist, who will examine and establish the fact of the inflammatory process.
- The means of the first line in this case will be antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs, which will suppress the root cause of the problem. Specific drugs and the regimen will advise the doctor with regard to the clinic, complaints and patient history.
- Considering the influence of inflammatory factors and the anti-inflammatory drugs themselves on the blood coagulation system, it is useful to add drugs to the treatment regimen affecting the blood coagulation system - etamzilat and its analogues, tranexam, aminocaproic acid.
- It is important to understand that with purulent processes (especially endometritis - inflammation of the uterus) it is almost impossible to do without surgical procedures. Such interventions are necessary to empty the purulent foci and remove the inflamed endometrium, which prevents the uterus from contracting. Gynecological manipulations are carried out in the hospital, under general anesthesia, and they take relatively little time.
- During the recovery phase, physiotherapeutic procedures - magnetic therapy, electrophoresis, and ultrasound - have a good effect.
The flow of blood on the background of gynecological diseases
This section discusses non-inflammatory diseases of the female genital tract. These include pathological conditions of the uterus and endometrium: endometrial hyperplasia, endometrial polyps, intracavitary myomatous nodes, as well as other conditions of the uterus and cervix: uterine myoma, endometriosis, cervical polyps. These diseases can manifest as abundant menstruation, and intermenstrual bloody discharge from the genital tract.
Types of uterine fibroids
How to stop this version of uterine bleeding?
- It is important to understand the basic truth in this case - as long as there is a root cause, uterine bleeding is only a symptom. That is why the treatment at this stage is symptomatic, that is, temporary. All available methods can be used - herbal preparations (water pepper, nettle, shepherd's bag), etamzilat and its analogues, tranexam, uterine-reducing agents like oxytocin or methylergometrine.
- In some cases, hormonal drugs are extremely effective - combined oral contraceptives (COCs), pure estrogens, progesterone drugs (duphaston, norcolut). The specific means and the cycle of its reception can only be recommended by the doctor after examining and interviewing the patient, as well as the results of ultrasound studies and hormonal panels.
- The most effective and radical means of treatment will be the specific cure of the primary disease — hormone therapy, operative treatment — manipulation — curettage of the uterus, hysteroscopy or gynecological surgery — removal of nodes, coagulation of endometriosis foci, and so on.
Violations after abortion
In this section, we will talk about abortion in the early stages of up to 12 weeks - both natural (miscarriage) and artificial (abortion, vacuum aspiration, medical abortion). Normally, after such interruptions of pregnancy, uterine bleeding is present - the uterine cavity is freed from the overgrown "pregnant" endometrium, blood clots, and residues of fetal tissues. Typically, this condition resembles the most abundant menstruation in duration and blood loss. If the bleeding after the procedure takes on a different character, this indicates the presence of a pathology of the post-abortion period.
How to stop uterine bleeding after abortion?
- The basic principle of stopping is maximum stimulation of uterine muscle contraction - this way the uterus will shrink, close the lumen of the arteries and empty the cavity from the remnants of pregnancy. To do this, use a special group of funds - uterotonic. The simplest representative of them is the extract of water pepper. More complex drugs, available only by prescription, are hormone-like substances - oxytocin, deaminooxytocin, methylergometrine.
- Attempts to stop such bleeding should not take more than 5 days, as this is fraught with pronounced loss of blood, accumulation of blood clots in the uterus and inflammation of the uterus.
- In the absence of the effect of the contraction therapy, it is necessary to do an ultrasound of the pelvic organs and assess the condition of the uterine cavity. If there are residues of fetal tissues in the cavity, placental polyps, blood clots - they must be surgically removed - without this, the uterus cannot contract.
Obstetric or postpartum hemorrhage
Postpartum hemorrhage is one of the most dangerous medical complications. Early postpartum hemorrhages are the most life-threatening - they develop within two hours after the birth of a child against the background of a decrease in uterine contractility or placenta remnants in the uterine cavity. Doctors of maternity hospitals are struggling with such problems.
After discharge from the maternity hospital in the classical version, postpartum bleeding - lochia - lasts approximately 42 days, decreasing with each passing day. If something goes wrong at this stage, then the lochia acquire an abundant character, bright scarlet color, and clots or unpleasant smell appear in their composition. Such postpartum uterine bleeding occurs for two reasons: infectious complications and delayed uterine contractility, which are closely interrelated and pass into each other.
How to stop postpartum bleeding?
- Self-stopping at home is possible with small bleeding, no clots, fever and unpleasant smell. Otherwise, it is necessary to consult a doctor and a special study.
- The basis for stopping bleeding is uterine contraction, as well as after abortion. It is important to know that it is in the postpartum period that nature itself comes to the aid of a woman - because when the baby is attached to the breast and the act of sucking, the same oxytocin is produced that reduces the uterus. Therefore, frequent attachment and breastfeeding on demand is the key to a successful postpartum period.
- On prescription, you can use uterotonics, herbal preparations, physiotherapy.
- With the ineffectiveness of conservative treatment, curettage of the uterus is shown to stimulate its contractility and cleanse the cavity.
Bleeding: norm and pathology
How to distinguish pathological hemorrhage from menstruation? Pretty simple - for a number of signs:
- regularity - menstruation happens once in 21-30 days, not more often,
- profusion - during menstruation, it increases in the first three days, and then decreases,
- pain sensations - during menstruation, there is usually a slight discomfort or no pain,
- duration - menstruation lasts up to seven days, bleeding usually longer.
Bleeding can occur in girls who have not entered puberty.
Causes of hemorrhage
Pathological bleeding can occur at any age.. It usually does not require serious treatment from girls and very young girls. When climax blood secretion from the genital tract - a very disturbing sign.
When it appears, a woman needs to urgently visit a doctor to find out the causes of hemorrhage. Only after this can stop the bleeding.
The pathological department of blood from an organ causes:
- functional failure of the hypothalamus-pituitary-ovary complex,
- hyperplasia (growth) of the endometrium. The progression of the pathology is accompanied by abundant prolonged bleeding, since endometrial hyperplasia causes rejection of the uterine mucosa,
- diseases of the appendages and uterus, including neoplasms. Intensive hemorrhages in uterine myoma is one of the most common female diseases.,
- somatic pathology (liver disease),
- poor blood clotting. In this case, uterine bleeding is combined with other hemorrhages (from the nose, gums, cuts),
- disorders in the activity of the thyroid gland,
- complicated pregnancy and difficult childbirth,
- use of oral and intrauterine contraceptives, blood thinning drugs,
- uncontrolled hypertension.
First aid for uterine bleeding involves, if not stopping, then at least slowing hemorrhage. Finding out the cause of its occurrence without examination by an experienced specialist is unlikely, therefore it is necessary to act without aggravating the situation:
- Lay the sick, ensure her peace. Legs are recommended to raise - this will ensure the supply of blood to vital organs and prevent loss of consciousness.
- Put an injured bladder or plastic bottle with ice on the lower abdomen (cold water). After a quarter of an hour, it is recommended to take a five-minute break.
- Giving the patient plenty of drink - to replace lost fluid. Suitable tea, dogrose broth, plain water.
- Take hemostatic agent (dicineon).
But what should not be done categorically is:
- warm belly
- take a hot bath
- drink medications that cause uterine contractions,
Self-medication should be treated with caution - they all have side effects.. After the arrival of the medical team, therapy is usually carried out in a hospital.
Bleeding at low pressure occurs due to poor muscle tone of the uterus. Usually a similar phenomenon is observed after childbirth.
Hemostatic drugs for uterine bleeding are used along with hormonal agents - depending on the characteristics of hemorrhages.
Usually, doctors prescribe:
- Aminocaproic acid,
- Calcium chloride,
For bleeding with clots, use the same drugs, only intravenously.. In this form, they begin to act much earlier.
- acids (acetic and malic),
- vitamins K and C,
- tannin (phenolic compound with tannic properties),
- essential oils.
A set of components allows you to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, increase blood viscosity, reduce pressure.
To prepare the broth, three teaspoons of the picky mountaineer are poured with a glass of boiling water and kept for about an hour. Means three times a day drink on an empty stomach on a tablespoon.
Highlander based products should be avoided:
- when carrying a child
- with renal pathologies,
- in diseases of the urinary system,
- with thrombosis and cardiovascular disorders.
The plant has a beneficial effect on the reproductive organs due to its components:
- organic acids
- vitamin k,
- cardiac glycosides (rutin, polygoperine),
- essential oils.
Tincture of water pepper with uterine bleeding contributes to better blood clotting, tones blood vessels, stabilizes the activity of smooth muscles of the body. The greatest effect from the use of tincture is observed with bleeding after childbirth.
Preparing tincture of water pepper is simple: the plant is crushed, a tablespoon of herbs is poured into a glass of boiling water. Having this means, they drink it before meals three times a day in a tablespoon. Water pepper is contraindicated for girls under 12 and pregnant women.
Not recommended for use in the presence of:
- kidney diseases
- brain pathologies,
- individual intolerance.
Liquid extract of water pepper can be purchased at the pharmacy. True, it contains a large amount of alcohol. For those who are contraindicated in alcohol, Gidropiperin tablets are suitable.
When uterine bleeding plant used widely enough. Shepherd's purse contains:
- organic acids
- vitamin C,
The herb stimulates the secretion of fibrin, which improves blood clotting, causes contractions of the uterus. The use of plants is contraindicated in pregnancy and hemorrhoids.
Nettle for uterine bleeding is applicable in traditional medicine. Her ability to stop blood due to the content:
- organic acids
- of vitamins K, C, A, B,
A daily three daily intake of 20-35 drops of nettle extract will help to normalize the menstrual cycle.
To prepare a decoction of nettle to stop hemorrhage, a tablespoon of the plant is placed in a glass of boiling water and cooked for 10 minutes. Filtered, take two tablespoons up to five times a day.
Nettle is contraindicated in a number of pathologies:
- kidney diseases
Drugs prepared according to grandma's recipes can effectively resist bleeding from the uterus:
- Peel six oranges. Peel placed in 1.5 liters of water. Boil until the liquid "boils down" to 0.5 liters. Drink three times a day for a quarter cup.
- In a glass of boiling water pour a tablespoon of yarrow, boil for 10 minutes. Drink a third cup three times a day.
- Pour a teaspoon of horsetail into a glass of boiling waterlet it brew. Filter and drink a tablespoon three times a day.
- Grind grape leaves. Powder four times a day, take a tablespoon.
- In a glass of boiling water pour three tablespoons of chopped cloverlet it brew. Drink like tea.
- In a glass of boiling water pour two tablespoons of raspberry leaves. Let it brew, filter. Take four times a day for half a cup.
- In a glass of boiling water pour a tablespoon of Hypericum, cook for five minutes.Let it brew, filter. Drink a third cup three times a day.
But the list of suitable herbs must be discussed with your doctor. To achieve the expected effect will help the overall strengthening of the body.
Uterine bleeding - why it occurs and how to treat?
Uterine bleeding is a bleeding from the uterus in women of varying degrees of intensity. They differ from menstruation in duration, lack of regularity, volume of blood lost, can be observed in the middle of the cycle. Often, blood loss occurs in inflammatory female diseases, endometriosis, pathology during pregnancy.
This phenomenon is not the norm, and requires immediate diagnosis in order to begin treatment. To this end, it is necessary to find out its causes, determine possible schemes for the provision of assistance with drugs and folk remedies. With rapid blood loss, you should immediately call a doctor, but in some cases it is better to know how to stop uterine bleeding at home.
Why does bleeding occur?
All the reasons for the development of such a pathological condition should be divided into bleeding resulting from abnormalities in the genitals, and the same phenomenon in diseases of other organs and systems.
Causes of genital bleeding during pregnancy are usually the following:
- ectopic pregnancy,
- deviations in the development of the ovum,
- cicatricial changes in the uterus,
- placental abruption,
- injuries during childbirth,
- cesarean section,
- uterine fibroids.
If during the carrying of the fetus blood goes with clots, then this may indicate a spontaneous abortion..
The causes of bleeding in the presence of extragenital pathology are as follows:
- some infectious diseases
- disorders in the blood system,
- lack of certain vitamins (most often K and C),
- cirrhotic liver damage,
- atherosclerosis, hypertension,
- decreased thyroid function.
Causes of bleeding from the uterus, which are gynecological diseases, but are not related to fetus bearing:
- climacteric, juvenile and reproductive bleeding,
- dyscirculatory blood loss
- causes may be endometriosis,
- ovarian rupture (most often with a cyst),
- traumatic injuries of the uterus,
- infection and inflammation of the genital organs.
But whatever the reasons, they should be immediately identified, since for the most part such a phenomenon as uterine bleeding is associated with rather serious abnormalities and requires that the treatment be timely and adequate.
How to determine?
Uterine bleeding is abnormal if:
- Menstruation occurs more often than every 21 days, or the menstrual cycle lasts more than 35 days. Normal adult menstrual cycle ranges from 21 to 35 days, and adolescent - from 21 to 45 days.
- Menstruation lasts more than 7 days. Normal menstruation usually lasts from 4 to 6 days.
- Blood loss is heavier than usual and is more than 80 milliliters during one menstrual cycle.
- When bleeding occurs, blood clots impregnate the pads or tampons every hour for 2 or more hours.
When is immediate medical attention required?
Any large changes in the menstrual cycle or the amount of bleeding that affect daily life require careful evaluation by a doctor.
Due to severe or persistent bleeding, over time can develop: a decrease in the level of hemoglobin in the blood (anemia), fever, shortness of breath, pallor of the skin, dizziness. Also, when blood is lost, weakness or fatigue often appears, appetite is lost. In this case, a thorough assessment of women's health and consultation of a gynecologist is necessary.
Also need to use watchful waiting, if a:
- a thorough examination revealed no physical problems or illnesses
- blood loss is not serious enough to cause anemia (anemia),
- there is a desire to wait and see if the symptoms will improve gradually,
- in adolescence there is a chance that the menstrual cycles will be aligned with the time
- the age of menopause is approaching, and it can be expected that the bleeding will stop soon.
How to quickly stop at home?
Bleeding of this type is serious pathologyIt is quite dangerous to treat yourself. If symptoms show up recently, or there are signs of the onset of abundant blood loss, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Anna Ponyaeva. Graduated from Nizhny Novgorod Medical Academy (2007-2014) and Residency in Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics (2014-2016). Ask a question >>
How uterine bleeding manifests
Symptoms of uterine bleeding depend on the cause of its occurrence, therefore, during its development, the signs of the underlying disease or the condition that is accompanied by such a phenomenon come to the fore. But there are certain symptoms that suggest the presence of this particular pathology:
- Exceeding the permissible volume of excreted blood. Normally, its loss during menstruation is not more than 80 ml. Bleeding is accompanied by a much greater loss. This is manifested in the need to change seals or other hygiene products much more frequently.
- Uterine bleeding lasts much longer (normally, the duration of menstruation is 3-7 days).
- Blood loss comes with clots, which does not happen in large quantities in normal during menstruation.
- Violation of regularity With menstruation, there is a certain cycle that can last from 21 to 35 days.
- The emergence of hemorrhage or bleeding after sexual intercourse.
- The appearance of blood after the establishment of menopause.
Symptoms with this deviation resemble the signs that are marked with any blood loss:
- there is weakness and dizziness,
- skin and mucous membranes become pale,
- sometimes nausea and vomiting,
- pulse becomes weak and frequent
- pressure drops.
Often the causes of blood discharge from the uterus in women of childbearing age occur with endometriosis.. This disease begins to manifest as a result of hormonal disruptions. Bleeding can be different, from minor to very abundant, and blood is released with clots.
How to stop uterine bleeding folk remedies
As a folk remedy to enhance uterine contractions can be recommended infusion of horsetail. It is taken at the rate of 2 teaspoons per cup of boiling water, it is necessary to take a decoction every hour, one tablespoon. Helps in this case, and celery seeds. They need to take 1 tablespoon in a glass of boiling water.
Then strain and take this infusion three times a day for three tablespoons. Helps reduce uterine bleeding and decoction of nettle. Fresh leaves of this plant are brewed at the rate of 1 cup of nettle leaves for two glasses of boiling water. If the nettle leaves are dried, the proportions change somewhat - you need to take 1 tablespoon of nettle leaves per cup of boiling water.
The main methods of how to stop uterine bleeding at home we have considered.
Do not try to stop or reduce uterine bleeding with hygienic tampons. They will interfere with the outflow of blood and only exacerbate the position of a woman.
To reduce uterine bleeding can be with the help of drugs that help to reduce the uterus. However, a woman can use medicines only after consulting a doctor.
Any decision taken independently and without the knowledge of the doctor may have a deplorable effect on the health of the woman and her child-bearing abilities.
In order to maintain a clearer picture of uterine bleeding (this is necessary for a quick and accurate diagnosis of the disease), it is necessary only to attach ice to the lower abdomen when a pathology occurs. All drugs and traditional methods of eliminating bleeding from the uterus can only be used with the permission of the doctor.
Hemostatic herbs for uterine bleeding: reviews
The history of the use of various medicinal herbs and fees for diseases is a thing of the past. The healing properties of herbal remedies were noticed long before the advent of medicine in the modern sense of the word.
And even now, many drugs are based on various plant extracts and extracts. To this day, dried herbs and their decoctions are also used in the treatment of various diseases.
No exception, and hemostatic herbs with uterine bleeding of various etymologies.
Not all situations justify the use of herbal medicine only. In some cases, a more potent remedy may be needed. Yes, and before using certain drugs you should know your diagnosis. Before you begin treatment, consult your doctor and only after that, based on his recommendations, buy medicine.
What causes uterine bleeding
Hemostatic herbs for uterine bleeding can only be used after the true cause of the disease has been identified. It can cause one of the following conditions of the body:
- diseases of the pelvic organs, inflammation of the appendages and the uterus, injuries, fibroids, benign and malignant tumors,
- failure of pregnancy, in other words - miscarriage,
- attachment of a fertilized egg to the wall of the uterus,
- diseases associated with blood pressure, diabetes, low blood clotting and other diseases,
- transitional age in adolescents.
Symptoms of uterine bleeding
The disease is manifested by the discharge of blood from the female genital organs. At the same time, bleeding is often acyclic and differs from the menstrual volume of the emitted fluid. So, uterine bleeding occurs with the following symptoms:
- Blood discharge in quantities greater than 80 ml. Normal is the allocation of 50-80 ml.
- The duration of normal menstruation can not exceed a week. Pathological bleeding can last much longer.
- Bleeding bring down the regularity and duration of a woman’s menstrual cycle. It can sometimes become longer, sometimes shorter.
- Bleeding may occur after intercourse.
- Blood is released from women who have already experienced menopause.
How is bleeding treated
Hemostatic herbs for uterine bleeding is not always a panacea. The basis of this disease may lie much more serious disease, which can be identified only by visiting a gynecologist and passing the necessary tests and research.
Based on the results of the examination, the doctor will announce the diagnosis and prescribe certain medications. After this, it is necessary to clarify the possibility of using herbal medicine, whether the hemostatic herb will help with uterine bleeding in your case.
It is also necessary to clarify the specific type of plant or collection, as each of them has its own characteristics of use and contraindications.
Traditional medicine uses the following hemostatic herbs for uterine bleeding: shepherd's purse, nettle, horsetail, birdworm, viburnum, lagochilus. If the disease is cardiovascular or is associated with blood pressure, use plantain, barberry, pine nuts from the shell, an infusion on an orange peel, highlander and cucumber lashes.
Herbs can be purchased at the pharmacy in dried form or in the form of tinctures or essences. Be careful about expiration dates, you should not keep expired medicines, even if they are of plant origin. They can start a fungus or insects, which certainly do not contribute to the therapeutic effect. In the best case, herbs simply lose their properties over time.
The use of herbs in menopause
Climax - the period through which at a certain point in time passes every woman. Not the most pleasant period actually. Hormonal background is unstable, ebbs and flows, periodic bleeding and many more associated symptoms, often very disturbing in daily activities.
Hemostatic herbs for uterine bleeding with menopause have long helped women to tolerate this period more easily. The main thing is to make sure that there are no contraindications, and also carefully follow the rules of application.
For menopause, the following hemostat is used for uterine bleeding:
- Stinging nettle is used as a decoction. One tablespoon of herbs is placed in a glass of boiling water and boiled on low heat for 15 minutes, then insist under a towel for 30 minutes. Inside take a decoction of 1 tablespoon. Reception frequency - five times a day.
- Yarrow is used as an infusion of two teaspoons of herbs in a glass of boiling water. The duration of infusion is 1 hour. Taken inside by a quarter cup. In total it is necessary to take the medicine four times a day.
- Red beet - used in the treatment of fresh juice. To do this, the root must be crushed in a blender and squeezed through gauze. Juice must be drunk 100 grams for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Use of herbal medicine during pregnancy
The use of hemostatic herbs in uterine bleeding during pregnancy is not practiced. In this case, it is very important to immediately call an ambulance and urgently arrive at the hospital. Unless qualified medical assistance is provided in the near future, the risk of losing a child is high.
As for the hemostatic herbs with uterine bleeding, they all increase the tone of the muscles of the pelvis, stimulate the uterine muscles and only increase the risk of losing the fetus in the early period of pregnancy.
In the period of gestation, a woman is responsible not only for her life, but also for the little man in her womb. Before conducting experiments with traditional medicine, it is better to think about the possible negative consequences.
What hemostatic herbs are used for uterine bleeding is described in this article. But if this ailment often interferes with the life of a woman, it is necessary to take more preventive measures.
In order for bleeding to interfere with everyday life as rarely as possible, it is necessary to strengthen the body as a whole, minimize stressful situations, take care of the daily diet, relax well and not overwhelm the body with excessive loads.
To put in order the nervous system, the use of sedative drugs. Strengthening the body will help sports activities such as fitness, swimming and jogging.
Reviews of herbal medicine is almost always positive, except when this method of treatment was used unreasonably.
People are used to believing that herbs can cure any diseases, without even trying to find out the exact diagnosis, to visit a doctor and get recommendations for treatment.
All negative reviews about the lack of effect on herbal teas are often left by people who did not take these steps before starting treatment.
Detailed, but popular, on how to stop uterine bleeding
Bleeding from the uterus is almost always a sign of pathological conditions.
These can be various inflammatory or hyperplastic processes, endometriosis or hormonal disorder, as well as diseases that require immediate intervention by an oncologist.
Listed pathology can be a cause of spontaneous abortions, which are far from the last place among the causes of blood discharge from the genital tract. How to stop uterine bleeding, which sometimes can be quite significant or even profuse?
What to do when uterine bleeding and how to stop it?
Some women do not even know about the state of their sexual apparatus if the disease is in a latent form without any special clinical manifestations, and the woman herself avoids visits to the gynecologist, without considering it necessary to be examined again. This is especially true of persons who entered the period of premenopause.
Blood excretion can either stop or renew, it does not differ in abundance, so the prospective patient herself tries to take measures by resorting to folk remedies or pills, which she learned the names from different sources.
This is absolutely wrong, because only a professional is surely aware of how to stop uterine bleeding, which, by the way, is a serious danger and can even be fatal.
In addition, to stop bleeding (and for diagnostic purposes, too) often use such a procedure as curettage, and you don’t need to carry it out for sure.
And it is not always possible to avoid it, because in cases of hyperplasia, hemostatic means can be taken as much as necessary, and the endometrium will continue to grow and give permanent bleeding, which are fraught with anemia due to the loss of red blood cells and hemoglobin in them.
Obviously, if the question is what to do when uterine bleeding, then the best way out would be to visit a female consultation or call an “emergency room” if the release of blood is profuse.
When you need emergency care
The bleeding that occurs in obstetric practice, which occurs during (often pathological) labor, immediately after them, or when a pregnancy is abruptly interrupted, is always a serious complication and requires urgent measures and a competent approach.
The system of hemostasis, trying to compensate for the loss of blood and stop its selection, begins to react and include protective mechanisms. However, being unprepared for an abrupt change of events, blood coagulation can go the wrong way and get out of control.
The infamous DIC in such cases can develop in 5 minutes and create a life-threatening situation, which can be difficult to correct even in a hospital.
Emergency care for uterine bleeding, especially if it occurred at home, and is characterized by significant blood loss, is the participation of relatives who are obliged to:
- immediately call the ambulance and sensibly explain to the station dispatcher the nature and possible causes of the outpouring of blood,
- put cold on the lower abdomen (in this capacity, everything that is in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator can be).
The task of the called brigade
Further urgent measures are assigned to physicians, depend on the state of the patient and the clinical picture of the disease and boil down to the following manipulations:
- the frozen by-product is replaced with an ice pack,
- transportation to the car is carried out on foot, if possible, or on a stretcher (with significant bleeding and deterioration of the general condition, which could be caused by blood loss or infection),
- very urgent hospitalization with a siren and preliminary informing the hospital staff on duty, since such cases are not processed in the emergency room, but immediately fall into the hands of a specialist,
- In the ambulance carriage, a solution of sulphate of magnesia is injected into the woman, if there is a threatening or already begun miscarriage (magnesium sulphate reduces the muscle tone of the uterus), during abortion “in progress” calcium chloride and ascorbine are injected into the vein by 40% glucose. Also You can use ditsinat (etamzilat) in the form of injections, to stop this kind of uterine bleeding. Uterus-reducing drugs, when incompletely empty, are usually not prescribed (increased secretion of blood from the myometrium vessels), they (1 ml of oxytocin into the muscle) are used for uterine bleeding, only with the assurance that the ovum has completely left its receptacle,
- in case of profuse bleeding (cervical pregnancy, traumatic uterine injury), the patient is delivered both to the car and to the nearest (!) hospital only on stretchers, bypassing the emergency room, which will be notified in advance by the on-duty replacement of anesthesiologists and gynecologists, because they urgently need to prepare for surgery, while the patient is still on the way. At the prehospital stage, the patient’s vein is permanently accessible for the jet injection of any blood substitutes (reopolyglucine, polyglucin, 0.9% NaCl solution) to increase the BCC (circulating blood volume),
- in the case of dysfunctional uterine hemorrhages, the woman is transported to the car, depending on the condition, prehospital care with abundant blood excretion is provided by administering uterine muscle-reducing drugs, usually 1% solution (5 U) of oxytocin,
- there is a separate approach to bleeding associated with cancer, since such patients should not be close (even on the same floor!) to the obstetric hospital, so the gynecological department of a multidisciplinary hospital can accept them only if there is a guarantee of isolation from puerperas and newborns. In addition, if the bloody (or bloody-purulent) discharge is insignificant, then the patient can be left at home, having transferred an active visit to the polyclinic to the doctor at the place of residence, and, if necessary, to come to a second call. However, in such situations, the patient is provided with anesthesia, as well as sedative and cardiac drugs are introduced.
Medicines involved in blood coagulation
These include vikasol. Being a synthetic analogue of vitamin K, it contributes to the launch of inactive factor II (prothrombin), from which thrombin is formed during bleeding.
However, given the property of the drug to directly participate in blood coagulation, it is not prescribed with a tendency to increased thrombosis due to the high content of vitamin K, as evidenced by an increased prothrombin index.
Vicasol tablets for uterine bleeding are not prescribed very often, except in cases of hormonal dysfunction or during heavy periods in adolescents and young girls. They are not so popular because they are intended for long-term use and often do not give the desired effect with a significant release of blood from the uterus.
This group includes the well-known dicinone, which has a different (international) name - etamzilat. Dicine is available in the form of solutions (for injection into the muscle and into the vein, depending on the situation) and tablets.
All its forms have a hemostatic effect, and the difference is only in the time of onset of the drug.
Of course, ditsinon injections (especially intravenously) will quickly enter the blood and begin its task, therefore, with heavy bleeding, it is advisable to get its therapeutic effect as soon as possible.
- platelet formation,
- adhesion and aggregation of platelets,
- accelerates the formation of a white (primary) thrombus,
- protects the vascular wall (endothelium).
This hemostatic does not lead to hypercoagulation and increased thrombosis. However, it is not prescribed for thrombosis and thromboembolism. In addition, like all drugs, dicynone can also have side effects (hypotension, abnormal function of the stomach and intestines, dizziness, headache).
Another widespread hemostatic agent is tranexam, which has antifibrinolytic activity in uterine bleeding (fibrinolysis - clot dissolution, if it occurs prematurely, the blood clot becomes inadequate and cannot close the damaged endothelium).
In addition to the above-mentioned medicinal substances, other drugs are used to stop bleeding from the uterus, which, although they do not belong to direct coagulants by themselves, are very helpful in stopping the blood. They correct hormonal balance, fill blood loss, participate in the nutrition of cells and tissues. These are hormones, blood substitutes, iron-containing agents and vitamins.
As a rule, drugs are used not separately, but together, where each of them has its own specific mission.
Herbs and other folk remedies
There were times when nobody knew or heard about synthetic hemostatic drugs. And the release of blood from the uterus was always, so there was a need to find a cure for such a misfortune.
Of course, first of all, a person turned to nature, to its plant world, because many representatives of the flora have the ability to stop blood, treat inflammation, and fight the consequences.
Although in our time it is not worthwhile to especially hope that any uterine bleeding can be stopped only by folk remedies, but it is not prohibited to use them as auxiliary substances.
But to achieve positive results, again, it is better to consult with your doctor.
Herbs that have components in their composition that stop uterine bleeding grow in temperate latitudes and often as a weed.
Stinging nettle, which with uterine (and others too) bleeding is recognized as a leader among plants with similar properties, grows under each fence. Getting rid of it, just in case it is advisable to take and dry a certain amount of leaves so that an unforeseen situation does not take them by surprise.
If necessary, a tablespoon of leaves is placed in a saucepan, poured with a “raspberry” glass of boiling water and put on the fire for another 10 minutes. The obtained medicine is filtered through gauze or a sieve and consumed up to 5 times a tablespoon.
Although, on the other hand, the ready collection of this burning plant is sold in every pharmacy. By the way, nettles can be consumed fresh. Salad from it, seasoned with sesame oil remarkably raises the level of platelets. Fresh nettle juice, diluted with milk in a 1: 1 ratio, is also used to increase the number of platelets that provide primary hemostasis.
Yarrow grass and shepherd's bag can be easily obtained in the field, and in the meadow, and on your own backyard. Of these, preparing infusions, which are used to stop blood loss.
With the same purpose, they use cucumber lashes, usually raked and thrown away after harvesting, grass pepper, kalgan, knotweed, and many more plants. Traditional medicine offers a variety of recipes.
For example, a decoction of oranges in the peel or just their skins, a mixture of egg white with citric acid, an infusion of dried berries of viburnum or mountain ash. Just do not list. The main thing is not to neglect the recommendations of official medicine, find out the cause of the disease and not start it.
As regards herbalists' advice, they are more likely to use them more often than medicaments.
Very young girls are embarrassed to go to the gynecologist, and women of balzak age, referring to the lack of time and not considering this as a problem, think that a small amount of blood can be stopped on their own.
The treatment scheme is quite simple: vikasol, etamzilat ... So they do intramuscular injections for 3 weeks in order to eventually go for diagnostic curettage. Isn't it better to do it right away, without waiting for anemia?
What is uterine bleeding?
Isolation of blood from the vagina is considered a kind of signal that notifies of complex changes in the internal female genitals. Uterine bleeding must be distinguished from menstruation. Menstruation lasts a maximum of one week at intervals of 21 to 35 days.
If the period between the months is always different or lasts a greater number of days, then you need to visit a gynecologist. If menstruation lasts more than 7 days - imply uterine bleeding.
The bleeding that appeared in the middle of the menstrual cycle is also referred to as uterine bleeding. This symptom often occurs in menopause, with changes in hormonal levels.
Bleeding from the uterus may also occur during pregnancy at any time, or when the fallopian tube ruptures during ectopic pregnancy. Causes of blood loss can also be cancer.
In any case, when bloody vaginal discharge requires consultation gynecologist! If you have started a heavy or even minor bleeding during pregnancy, it is urgent to seek help from a gynecologist. In such cases, folk remedies will be of little relevance and ineffective.
Significant blood loss poses a threat to health, in some cases even life. The essence of the problem lies in the fact that in some diseases or conditions to stop the bleeding is quite difficult not only in the home, but also in a medical institution.
For example, in an ectopic pregnancy, a complication of which is a rupture of the fallopian tube, only surgery will help. Bleeding in late pregnancy indicates premature detachment of the placenta, in some cases it is necessary to induce labor to stop it.
Yes, and for any, even minor spotting bleeding from a pregnant woman, it is urgent to take measures to save the fetus and, possibly, even the woman herself. In such cases, you should always seek help from a doctor.
How to stop bleeding at home?
In the absence of pregnancy, you can try to stop scant or spotting blood from the vagina yourself.
You can use the popular recipes before visiting the gynecologist, for example, if the discharge began in the evening / at night or on a day off. But still in the near future it is necessary to visit a qualified specialist to solve this problem.
You can also use popular recipes when the cause of the disease is detected and conservative treatment is prescribed.
Combining folk remedies with drugs will help to quickly achieve effective results. But you need to inform the doctor about your self-treatment. You can use the following recipes to combat bleeding:
- Orange decoction. For its preparation, you need to peel 6 oranges. The pre-washed peel is poured with 1.5 liters of water and boiled to obtain a final volume of liquid 500 ml. Take this solution 50 ml three times a day, you can with the addition of sugar.
- 1 tbsp. l Yarrow pour a glass of boiling water and boil on low heat for 10 minutes. It is necessary to use broth on 1/3 glasses 3 times a day.
- 1 tbsp. shepherd's bag pour a glass of boiling water and insist in a thermos for at least an hour. Take the remedy better before meals for 1 tbsp. 3 times a day.
- 3 tbsp. nettle pour 400 ml boiling water, leave to cool, then drain. Take 100 ml before meals 3-4 times a day.
- 1 tbsp. chopped grass water pepper pour a glass of boiling water and leave for about an hour. It is necessary to use this remedy on 1 st.l. 3 times a day.
- 1 tsp grass horsetail pour a glass of boiling water, to insist to cool to room temperature, then strain and take 1 tbsp. three times a day.
- Well helps with bleeding from the uterus powder from the leaves of grapes. At one time you will need 2-4 g of funds, the multiplicity of receptions is 3-4 times a day.
- 3 tbsp. clover flowers pour 200 ml of boiling water, leave for a few minutes and drink an infusion such as tea, 4-5 times a day.
- 4 tbsp. raspberry leaves pour 400 ml boiling water, insist, drain. Take 100 ml of infusion 4 times a day.
- 3-4 tsp bob a glass of boiling water in a thermos and leave for the night or stand on the steam bath for at least half an hour. Take 50-100 ml 3-4 times daily before meals.
- 1 tbsp. Hypericum pour 200 ml of boiling water, simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, then infuse for another 15 minutes. Then drain the broth and take 1/3 cup three times a day.
With minor uterine bleeding, you can use the following drugs yourself:
- Vitamin C. Ascorbic acid will help to stop the bleeding when it is taken in a daily dose of at least 1 gram.
- Vitamin K. 3 tablets of the drug taken in one day will help reduce bleeding from the vagina.
- Ditsinon. The drug increases blood clotting and strengthens the walls of blood vessels. It is recommended to take 1 tablet 3 times a day.
But still, it was possible to stop uterine bleeding on your own within 2-3 days at home, then you should not neglect a visit to the doctor. If such a symptom occurs, it is a signal that the body needs treatment, and you should not hope that it will pass by itself. Timely treatment will help to preserve health and prevent undesirable consequences.
Hemorrhage in uterine bleeding, how to stop bleeding at home? | Always important| Always important
The problem of uterine bleeding is often faced by many women of reproductive age. Normal menstrual cycle lasts for 5-7 days, while the total blood loss is up to 80 ml of blood.
In the case when various diseases develop in the organs of the urogenital system, bleeding can begin in a woman. A large loss of blood is often observed both in the postpartum and in the climacteric period.
Modern medicine is seriously engaged in the study of this pathology. Specialists from around the world conduct studies of uterine bleeding. Based on the results obtained, medicines are being developed, the pharmacological properties of which help to cope with this problem.
Currently, in modern medical institutions successfully fight uterine bleeding. The main condition for a successful recovery is hospitalization.
In the course of treatment, each patient is individually selected a medical drug that is administered intravenously or transorally. В запущенных случаях врачи проводят хирургическую остановку кровотечений, путём диагностического выскабливания.
If none of these methods helped to eliminate the existing problem, doctors insist on the removal of the uterus.
Dicine for uterine bleeding
When uterine bleeding is often prescribed synthetic drugs that have a beneficial effect on the mucous membrane of the uterus. Such a drug is ditsinon.
The following can be attributed to its pharmacological properties:
the ability to activate the process of formation of protein thromboplastin,
normalization of blood clotting
prevents the formation of blood clots.
Ditsinon is available in several forms: in tablets, injections. This drug has proven to be effective for bleeding, the localization of which are small vessels.
After taking ditsinona (dosage should be prescribed only by the attending physician), the woman will be able to feel the effect after a few hours.
Repeated testing of this drug showed that the highest result is achieved when taking pills, rather than intramuscular injections.
To stop uterine bleeding, specialists use the following scheme: intravenously (intramuscularly can be administered) two ampoules of dicinone are injected, after which every six hours a dose of this drug is administered in tablet form. In order to prevent bleeding, this drug should be taken orally, starting from the 5th day of the menstrual cycle.
Tranexam for uterine bleeding
First aid for uterine bleeding is considered to be tranexam, as it is very quickly able to cope with this problem. This drug has a direct effect on the process of blood coagulation and directly affects plasminogen (inactive). Tranexam is now available in pharmacies, both in the form of tablets and in the form of injections (intramuscularly).
If moderate blood loss is observed, then tablets will suffice. In determining the dosage, the physician must take into account the weight of the patient and the severity of the disease. Tranexam is often prescribed to prevent uterine bleeding, especially when preparing patients for surgical procedures.
Vikasol with uterine bleeding
Vikasol is a synthetic medical product that is able to replace vitamin K, which is important for women's health, and is actively involved in the production of prothrombin. In the absence, or insufficient amount of this vitamin in women develop bleeding.
After taking vikasol, patients experience relief only after 12-18 hours, which is why they do not use it when providing emergency care.
Despite this, many doctors often prescribe this drug in the treatment of uterine bleeding, as well as for preventive purposes.
Vikasol is prescribed to pregnant women after the onset of the first contractions in order to prevent the development of bleeding, which may develop during the onset of the active phase of labor.
Etamzilat for uterine bleeding
With menstrual bleeding, doctors often prescribe medications that can significantly reduce the amount of menstruation.
A great effect is achieved when taking etamzilat with extensive pharmacological properties:
has the ability to stop bleeding,
activates the processes responsible for blood clotting and the rate of gluing platelets
increases the elasticity and stability of capillaries, etc.
Against the background of taking etamzilat, patients do not experience internal discomfort, since this drug has a smooth effect on the female body.
In the process of conducting numerous studies, it was revealed that etamzilat does not cause an abrupt clotting of blood, due to which there is no blood clot formation. It is prescribed for any types of bleeding, in particular uterine.
Etamzilat is often included in the treatment program for heavy menstrual flow, as well as ENT, dental and ophthalmic diseases.
Oxytocin for uterine bleeding
With the development of uterine bleeding, the first action of a specialist is the appointment of a drug to a woman who is able to quickly provide the necessary assistance. Oxytocin, which has a selective effect on the uterus, can stop blood loss.
After taking oxytocin, there is an increased excitability of muscle fibers in the female body, against the background of which strong contractions begin. This drug can be administered both in tablet form and as an intravenous injection.
Ascorutin for uterine bleeding
Ascorutin, which has been actively used in gynecology for many years, is able to provide real help to women suffering from heavy periods, often developing into uterine bleeding.
The composition of this drug contains the following main components: vitamin P (rutin) and ascorbic acid. Its direct effect on the female body is to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, preventing fragility and capillary permeability.
With prolonged use of ascorutin (the duration is determined by the attending physician), tissue regeneration occurs, and the protective functions of the female body are activated, which are able to withstand any negative effects.
Etamzilat (shots) for uterine bleeding
Etamzilat is a medical drug with hemostatic properties. Against the background of taking this drug in patients, there is a strengthening of blood vessels, an increase in platelet cells in the bone marrow, etc. After prescribing etamzilat, the fragility of blood vessels in women is significantly reduced, and the level of ascorbic acid in the blood plasma is stabilized.
When taking this drug, the effect is observed after 10-15 minutes. Having a beneficial effect on the patient's body, etamzilat starts to split very quickly and is excreted during urination.
Aminocaproic acid in uterine bleeding
Aminocaproic acid is a synthetic medicine often used to stop uterine bleeding. His appointment should occur only in the hospital, where doctors have the opportunity to regularly monitor the quality of the blood of patients through laboratory research - coagulogram.
Aminocaproic acid is able to improve the functionality of the liver, as well as inhibit the formation of antibodies.
How to stop uterine bleeding at home?
Many women who suffer from regular uterine bleeding prefer to deal with this problem at home.
For these purposes, you can use various recipes of traditional medicine that have a directional effect.
Experienced experts recommend the use of herbs, fees, tinctures and other folk remedies in the treatment of uterine bleeding, as a supplement or prevention.
What herb stops uterine bleeding?
For various gynecological diseases, in particular for heavy uterine bleeding, the uterus can be used.
This plant has unique pharmacological properties and is recommended for the treatment of serious gynecological diseases.
Against the background of receiving a boron uterus, hormones begin to normalize in women, fertility is restored, and uterine bleeding stops.
Before you start taking the tincture or decoction of this medicinal plant, a woman should contact a herbal doctor or your doctor to determine the duration of treatment and dosage. In the case when a woman is undergoing hormone therapy, the use of a boron uterus is not advisable, since it contains large quantities of estrogen.
Borovaya uterus is contraindicated in women who have reduced blood clotting, gastritis, obstruction of the fallopian tubes, as well as during pregnancy and lactation.
This medicinal plant experts do not recommend to use in any form when taking oral contraceptives.
If the boron uterus is used improperly, women may face various side effects, in particular the development of breakthrough bleeding, against the background of which the inflammatory process usually develops.
Other herbs for uterine bleeding
In the treatment of uterine bleeding, other herbs and fees can be used:
Nettle. This medicinal plant is widely used in both traditional and alternative medicine. In its composition there are special components that can stop the blood.
Antihemorrhagic vitamin stimulates the formation of prothrombin, esculen, vitamin C and K.
Nettle is indicated for uterine bleeding in the form of a decoction, which should be drunk up to 5 times a day and 2 tablespoons.
Water pepper For centuries, this medicinal plant has been used to stop bleeding.
This is due to its unique tannic properties, due to which the blood clotting process is significantly accelerated.
In parallel, water pepper has a bactericidal effect on the female body, reduces capillary fragility and makes the walls of blood vessels more elastic.
Yarrow This medicinal plant is often used for uterine bleeding, as it can activate clotting processes, while preventing the formation of thrombosis.
Yarrow is recommended to take as a tincture, which can be purchased in finished form, or cook yourself.
The duration of the intake of tincture from this medicinal plant depends on the intensity of bleeding.
Lapikova Valentina Vladimirovna, gynecologist, especially for the site ayzdorov.ru
Uterine bleeding is the discharge of blood from the uterus. Most often it is a serious symptom of diseases of the female body. Any uterine bleeding must be diagnosed on time, and medical assistance is provided to the woman. Ignoring this symptom leads to serious consequences, even lethal.
Some girls are faced with the so-called juvenile bleeding, which is characterized by seasonality and a steady lack of ovulation. Along with juvenile metrorrhagia, those that are formed during menopause should be noted. They are characterized by high frequency, which becomes a sign not only.
Arterial bleeding is one of the most dangerous bleeding, carrying a direct threat to a person’s life. This is primarily due to the fact that blood loss is high and intense. Therefore, it is important to know its main features and rules of first aid.
I will not be able to contact the doctor promptly, there is no registration and no money.
When copying materials, an active link to the site www.ayzdorov.ru is required! © AyZdorov.ru 2009-2017
The information on the site is intended for familiarization and does not call for self-treatment, consultation of the doctor is required!
How is the treatment carried out?
What to do if bleeding suddenly starts? First aid in this emergency condition should be provided even before the arrival of the doctor:
- A woman should take a horizontal position with her legs raised. This will help reduce the chance of fainting.
- Put cold on the lower abdomen. A hot water bottle with ice, wrapped in a towel or filled with cold water. Such a manipulation will allow the vessels to narrow, and reduce the volume of blood loss.
- Give plenty of drink to replace the loss of fluid in the body. Suitable water, weak tea, broth hips.
You can not do the following: apply heat or take a hot bath, use hemostatic drugs yourself.
The doctor assesses the severity upon arrival and can offer in-patient treatment. Medical therapy and other stopping blood loss manipulations are performed there:
- Hormonal monophasic contraceptives.
- Diagnostic curettage.
- Hemostatic agents - aminocaproic acid in an drip, parenterally Vikasol, Ditsinon, Ascorutin.
- Means for increasing uterine tone (Oxytocin).
- When blood loss comes with clots in endometriosis, endometrial ablation is recommended.
Treatment and prevention can be carried out with the help of such a herb as yarrow. To do this, take two small spoons of raw materials and pour a glass of boiling water.
Insist broth for about an hour and take the yarrow one-third cup 3 or 4 times a day, before meals, until the symptoms disappear. Regular intake of this herb stimulates the formation of platelets..
In addition, the yarrow helps to improve the tone of the uterus.
Hemostatic herbal collection №1
Yarrow is included in a complex collection of herbs, which includes: a red brush, Kuril tea and burnet in the amount of two small spoons, root and leaves of bergenia, knotweed, cuff, nettle (one teaspoon), yarrow (one tablespoon). Herbs are poured with half a liter of water and brought to readiness first in a water bath (this should be done for 15 minutes), and then insisted for another two hours, it is better to wrap up the container. Drink this broth should be half a glass, once a day.
Hemostatic herb collection number 2
Folk healers with endometriosis recommend the following composition of herbs, which include hemostatic and anti-inflammatory herbs, it helps especially in the situation when the blood comes out in clots. Make it easy. The following ingredients are taken for it in equal parts:
After thorough mixing, a large spoon of such a collection is poured into a cup of boiling water. To prepare use a water bath (15 minutes), followed by infusion (20 minutes). It is necessary to drink means on 100 ml, twice a day within one month. Then take a break (14 days) and repeat the treatment.
When blood loss with clots at home, nettle is used, it is brewed in the amount of two large spoons per 200 ml of boiling water, insist until it cools and is divided into several doses throughout the day. This treatment especially helps with endometriosis, reducing uterine tone, and is carried out for several months.. Nettle also reduces the severity of the inflammatory process.
Use of white clover
Home treatment can be done in another way. Yarrow is very effective at the same time taking white clover. To prepare it, take a small spoon of herbs in a glass of boiling water. You need to drink three times a day, 50 ml of broth.
It is even better if you brew the yarrow in the form of tea and add the sweet clover there in powder form at the tip of the knife. These stop bleeding herbs will quickly help to get rid of it, and with a reduced uterus tone and a decrease in platelets and to eliminate the causes.
Herbal collection for endometriosis
Endometriosis uses more complex charges. Symptoms of the disease pass faster if you take the following herbs: nettle, Potentilla root, calamus, knotweed in 2 parts, shepherd's purse, coil root in 1 part.
Pour such a mixture of boiling water (two large spoons into two glasses) and insist in a thermos for about 2 hours. To accept means on a half of a glass 3 times a day, before food. The course duration is one month, the break is 10 days.
Then the treatment for endometriosis will need to be repeated to consolidate the result.
Treatment with folk remedies does not cancel those appointments that were recommended by the doctor. Before you prepare and use at home hemostatic fees, you should consult with a specialist. The use of certain types of herbs (celandine, yarrow, nettle, St. John's wort, etc.) requires a careful approach. You must first ensure their normal portability.
How to stop uterine bleeding at home?
A sudden problem may disrupt plans for the next weekend, so it is important to know how to stop uterine bleeding at home. However, even the effective use of popular methods does not eliminate the need for a visit to the doctor to find out the cause and prevent this trouble in the future.
To identify the causative factor of abundant bloody discharge from the vagina, it is necessary to evaluate the menstrual cycle: how often do critical days come, did bleeding occur during menstruation or during the intermenstrual period, is there a month delay?
Quite often, young women have menstrual disorders of a functional nature - against the background of a stressful situation, with severe physical exertion, due to an unexpected change in climate.
In older women, gynecological diseases can cause the disease - uterine fibroids, endometriosis, uterine polyp.
In any case, the doctor will be able to make an accurate diagnosis, but before the visit to the specialist, hemostatic therapy can and should be used.
It is categorically impossible to use any heat effects on the pelvic area (hot water heater on the stomach, hot bath, sauna or bath), it is undesirable to play sports, visit a fitness center, take long walks. Все это усилит маточное кровотечение.
Traditional methods of treatment, used in isolation, a combination of herbal and drug therapy, can not be used for more than 3 days. In the absence of the expected effect and continuing heavy bleeding, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Treatment of uterine bleeding at home
Uterine bleeding is a symptom of many diseases of the female genital organs. Since there is blood loss in this condition, in any case, it is necessary to take some measures to stop it.
Uterine bleeding: home treatment
Uterine hemorrhages (metrorrhagia) are a symptom of various functional disorders and accompany a number of gynecological and systemic diseases.
Metrorrhagia is caused by inflammatory processes of the inner wall of the uterus - the endometrium.
It is necessary to distinguish the normal rejection of the basal layer of the endometrium during menstruation and pathological (due to hormonal failure, abortion, etc.). Only abnormal bleeding is called metrorrhagia.
Such violations are recorded in girls during puberty, in women both in reproductive age and in menopause.
Hormonal disorders in the body occur in the following conditions:
- avitaminosis, micronutrient deficiency,
- endocrine diseases
- neurological diseases
- inflammatory diseases of the reproductive organs.
The organic causes of uterine bleeding include neoplasms in the reproductive organs. These can be benign and malignant tumors of the uterus, hormonally active neoplasms of the ovaries. Organic causes include inflammatory and infectious diseases of the genital organs.
Often the causes of the development of pathology are diseases of other organs and tissues: liver cirrhosis, infectious diseases, hemophilia, thrombocytopenia, etc. The factors causing uterine bleeding include impaired pregnancy, abnormal birth, the consequences of abortion, hormonal drugs, stress.
Symptoms and diagnosis
Symptoms of uterine bleeding rather typical. They can be of different strength, duration, intensity. The main features are as follows:
- the release of blood from the external genitalia, not coinciding with menstruation,
- the release of blood clots, heavy bleeding (more than 80 ml) during menstruation,
- prolonged discharge of blood from the vagina (more than 8 days),
- weakness, dizziness, loss of consciousness.
Blood flow from the uterus may be accompanied by severe pain in the lower abdomen, in the lower back. Dysfunctional blood loss occurs without a pronounced pain syndrome. Long and prolonged bleeding leads to a decrease in hemoglobin, the development of anemia.
Diagnosis, as a rule, does not cause difficulties. The picture of the pathological process is quite clear. Gynecological examination is aimed at finding out the causes of blood flow. Conducted a complete blood count with the definition of platelets, clotting time.
A study is being conducted on the level of hormones in the blood. Biochemical blood test can detect systemic or oncological disease. Histological examination of the endometrium by diagnostic curettage is prescribed.
Help before the arrival of the doctor
Therapy for blood flow from the uterus is complex. The primary role is given to stopping bleeding and filling up blood loss. Particular attention is paid to restorative therapy. If the condition is not life threatening, then conservative therapy is performed. Its principles are as follows:
- recovery of uterine contractility,
- antianemic therapy,
- increased blood clotting,
- restorative therapy.
During puberty, treatment is based on the use of hormone therapy. In reproductive age, ovulation stimulation is used, and in menopause, efforts are directed at ending the menstrual cycle.
Self-treatment of such dangerous pathology as uterine bleeding at home is strictly prohibited. However, before the arrival of the ambulance or doctor, you can take a number of measures to alleviate the patient's condition.
A woman must be given complete peace, laid on the bed. Attach an ice pack or cold compress to the underbelly.
It is strictly forbidden to take a bath, make douching, apply warm and hot compresses on the abdomen and other parts of the body.
In order to prevent the development of anemia, traditional medicine recommends the use of:
- Kalina ordinary,
- rowan ordinary.
Kalina ordinary to apply in the form of juice from fresh berries, decoction of dry fruits, as well as alcohol tincture of the bark of the plant. Kalina normalizes menstruation, prevents the development of uterine bleeding, improves blood formation. Juice of fresh berries of viburnum take 0.5 cups 3-4 times a day. In the drink, you can add 1 tsp. honey
A decoction of their dry fruits viburnum cook so. Take 20 grams of raw materials, pour 1 cup boiling water. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 15 minutes. Cool it down. Drink strained decoction of 2–3 tbsp. l 4–5 times a day.
From the bark of viburnum can be prepared tincture. To do this, pour 1 part of dry bark with 5 parts of vodka. Insist 2 weeks in a dark place. Drink 1 tsp. 3-4 times a day, pre-diluting with water.
Beet helps blood formation, prevents anemia. Beet juice must be defended within an hour. To 1 cup of juice add 1 tsp. honey Drink slowly. On the day of 2 glasses of drink will be enough. With care to try this method is recommended for those who have stomach problems, have a tendency to colitis and gas formation.
Rowan ordinary has an excellent hemostatic effect. The juice of their fresh fruits of mountain ash take 1 tbsp. l 4–5 times a day, after meals. From the berries, you can make the usual jam and use it as a hemostatic medicine.
The treatment of metrorrhagia of any etiology on their own, using drugs or folk remedies, is strictly prohibited.
However, when prescribing a conservative treatment by a doctor, the prescribed therapy can be supplemented with effective methods of folk healing.
It must be remembered that medicinal herbs not only help with women's diseases, but also have contraindications. They should be used only after consulting with a specialist.
How to stop uterine bleeding at home itself
The development of uterine bleeding is a very serious symptom, which often indicates the occurrence of a dangerous gynecological pathology. A woman is advised to immediately consult a doctor, but sometimes this is impossible. Therefore, the main question is how to stop uterine bleeding at home.
The main symptoms of a serious pathological process include:
- profuse bleeding
- too long period of menstruation,
- cycle failure,
- the discovery of bleeding after intercourse,
- bleeding in menopause.
In the absence of pathology, blood is released in the amount of 50-80 milliliters. If the uterus allocates a larger volume of blood, this indicates a dangerous pathological process. This indicator is determined by the need to replace hygiene products in the period from 30 to 120 minutes.
Normal bleeding in the absence of pathology lasts for seven days. An abnormal process takes much more time. On average, the duration of the menstrual cycle is slightly more than 30 days. If a woman has a disease, this period can be extended or reduced.
Against the background of the strongest pain syndrome, the young lady cannot do her usual activities. There is a fear that even a small movement will contribute to increased bleeding. The skin fades, the woman feels very weak. There are dizziness, sometimes fainting occurs.
How can I help
If uterine bleeding continues for a very long time, there is a risk of losing a large volume of fluid. Against this background, a woman may fall into a coma or die. Therefore, it is very important to know how to stop uterine bleeding at home.
Before the doctor arrives, do the following:
- apply a cold compress to the lower abdomen,
- take a horizontal position, bend the limbs in the knees and slightly raise,
- drink as much quality liquid as possible.
It is recommended to place a pillow or a small cushion under your feet. It is desirable to drink strong sweetened tea or chilled boiled water. Drinking sweet tea helps balance glucose.
Sweet tea can be alternated with rosehip broth. This drink helps to improve blood clotting. Mineral water, juices and sweet carbonated drinks should not be given.
In addition, a woman should avoid sharp movements as much as possible.
What drugs can be taken
Any pills that help stop bleeding should be drunk with great care. Particular care should be followed by ladies waiting for the birth of a child. But bleeding with endometriosis can only be stopped with medication. With this anomaly, the technique helps:
A woman may be prescribed medications to reduce the uterus. Usually relevant reception Ergometrine, Kontrikala and Oxytocin. Taking these medicines helps to normalize the muscle layer and the uterine muscles.
Medicines like Askorutin, folic acid, vitamins B and C, help to strengthen the walls of blood vessels. For this purpose, the patient is prescribed calcium gluconate. Taking this drug helps to improve blood clotting.
If endometriosis is badly started, the woman is prescribed hormonal drugs. Usually recommended to receive Novinet, Duphaston, Danazol and Zoladex. When uterine bleeding prescribed aminocaproic acid.
This medicine relieves spontaneous thrombosis. Against this background, the intensity of bleeding gradually normalized. Receiving aminocaproic acid should be strictly controlled by a doctor.
Medication is administered intravenously or orally.
Methods of traditional medicine
What is bleeding treated? Some herbs help to stop uterine bleeding. Before using them, you should consult a doctor.
Otherwise, the symptoms can only worsen. It is very important to remember that folk remedies are an auxiliary method.
Hemostatic herbs for uterine bleeding should be used simultaneously with medication.
Usually, when bleeding a woman recommended the following tools:
- burdock or large burdock,
What is the best way to stop blood? It all depends on the reason that provoked its abundant secretion.
The use of burnet
To stop uterine bleeding, many doctors recommend the use of a burnet. Preparing a decoction that stops the bleeding is quite simple. For the preparation of medicinal means you need to use the roots and rhizomes of medicinal plants. It is advisable to collect the plant in the fall.
Further, it is necessary to thoroughly wash and dry. Then the root of the plant must be chopped, pour 200 milliliters of boiling water and boil for half an hour. After this, the broth must be cooled and filtered thoroughly.
Take the drug you need one tablespoon, at least five times a day. You can use already prepared extract of this plant. Three to four times a day, it is recommended to take 30-50 drops.
The burnet has a huge amount of nutrients. The composition of this medicinal herb contains vitamins and tannins.
Since ancient times, nettle has been actively used in folk medicine. This healing plant helps to safely stop even strong uterine bleeding. The remedy is prepared very simply.
10 grams dry nettle is brewed with 200 milliliters of hot water. Then the brewed nettle is boiled over low heat for ten to fifteen minutes. Further, the decoction is infused and carefully filtered. Take the remedy is recommended for 24 hours. It is advisable to drink this medicine at least five times, 10 milliliters each.
Nettle brings particular benefit when inflammation occurs. Cooked decoction is recommended to use with polyps in the uterus.
Application of burdock
A person who is interested in herbs for uterine bleeding should pay attention to such a healing plant as burdock. It is used for a variety of gynecological pathologies. Burdock is especially valuable for its roots, from which healing juice is prepared. It consists of:
- essential oils
- amino acids
- mineral substances
- trace elements.
Burdock is often used to treat bleeding caused by uterine myoma. For the preparation of medicinal means you need to grind dried burdock to a powdered state and pour 1/2 liter of boiling water.
After this, the agent must be infused for ten to twelve hours. Drink burdock juice should be 100 ml, at least three times a day. The duration of therapy is 1 month. Then it is recommended to take a two-week break and resume the course.
What not to do
When uterine bleeding is strictly prohibited to carry out the warming procedure. It is impossible to put a hot-water bottle on the stomach, because it contributes to the acceleration of inflammatory processes.
In addition, you can not resort to vaginal douching. This procedure can only increase bleeding. Hot baths are not allowed. It is strictly forbidden to take any drugs, including medicinal herbs.
Etiology of acute abnormal uterine bleeding
The etiology of uterine bleeding can be multifactorial. This pathology is classified as associated with structural anomalies of the uterus and impaired blood coagulation. This happens for reasons:
- cancer processes of the body and cervix,
- ovulatory dysfunction
- iatrogenic factors.
Determining the most likely etiology is important in choosing the most appropriate and effective way to stop the bleeding for a particular patient and is achieved by collecting anamnesis, physical and gynecological examination and blood tests.
Clinical examination of hemostatic disorders in women with excessive menstrual bleeding
The initial screening for basic hemostasis disorder in such women should be based on their medical history. A positive result of the study includes the following circumstances:
- heavy menstrual bleeding, starting with menarche,
- postpartum hemorrhage,
- operations involving blood loss,
- disruption of the coagulation system during dental treatment.
This should take into account the following conditions:
- hematomas once or twice a month
- frequent nosebleeds,
- persistent bleeding from the gums,
- symptoms of coagulopathy in close relatives.
History or history
Obtaining a thorough history is necessary to focus on the circumstances of the occurrence of bleeding. This takes into account associated symptoms and past causes of menstrual disorders, details of the gynecological and medical history, and data from relevant laboratory and radiological tests.
Up to 13% of women with heavy menstrual bleeding have a variant of von Willebrand disease and up to 20% of patients may have bleeding disorders. Other causes of coagulopathy, such as a decrease in blood coagulation factors, hemophilia, and dysfunction of platelets, can occur in any age group. In addition, with systemic diseases such as leukemia and liver failure, as well as with medications such as anticoagulants or chemotherapeutic agents, coagulability may decrease and this may cause bleeding. All this is taken into account in the development of tactics for the solution of the upcoming question: how to stop uterine bleeding.
Physical examination of a patient with uterine bleeding should begin with an assessment of acute blood loss and the main symptoms, such as hypovolemia, anemia, and the results that suggest the etiology of the disease. A woman’s condition should be evaluated so that the doctor can determine that she has uterine bleeding, and not bleeding from other areas of the genital tract. Thus, a gynecological examination, including examination of the cervix in the mirrors and bimanual palpation, should be performed by a gynecologist in order to detect any injuries to the genitals, vagina or cervix. All this allows to draw conclusions, which was the cause that caused vaginal bleeding.A gynecological examination will also determine the volume, bleeding intensity, condition of the uterus, internal genital organs, or structural lesions of the genital organ (leiomyoma).
Laboratory evaluation of patients with this disease is necessary. All adolescents and women are carefully examined for hemostasis disorders. Taking into account the clinical picture, it is necessary to take into account thyroid pathology, disorders of the liver, sepsis, leukemia, etc. Sampling of endometrial tissue should be performed in all women. This is especially true for patients over 45 years old. Endometrial biopsy should also be performed on women younger than 45 years of age with a history of exposure to unconjugated estrogens (for example, observed in patients with obesity or polycystic ovary syndrome), a primary case of bleeding, or persistent similar manifestations. The decision on whether to perform a pelvic ultrasound should be based on the clinical evaluation of the data.
Initial laboratory testing requires:
- clinical blood test
- group definition and Rh factor,
- pregnancy test,
- registration of activated partial thromboplastin time,
- prothrombin time
- determining the amount of fibrinogen,
- initial testing for von Willebrand disease,
- determine the level of thyroid stimulating hormone
- detection of serum iron, total iron binding capacity and ferritin,
- liver function tests
- identify chlamydia trachomatis.
Stop acute abnormal uterine bleeding in non-pregnant women of reproductive age
The initial assessment of a patient with acute abnormal uterine bleeding should consist of testing it for signs of hypovolemia and potential hemodynamic instability. The measures to stop the bleeding include intravenous administration of conjugated estrogens, administration of combined oral contraceptives, oral progestins and tranexamic acid. Decisions should be based on the patient's medical history and the presence of contraindications to therapy. Surgical treatment should be considered for those women who are not clinically stable. The choice of surgery should be based on the presence in the patient of comorbidities underlying the pathology and the desire of the woman to have children in the future. After the acute bleeding episode has been resolved, a transition to long-term maintenance therapy is recommended.
Uterine bleeding is defined as bleeding from the body of the uterus, if it is abnormal in regularity, volume, frequency or duration and occurs in the absence of pregnancy. This pathology can be acute or chronic. Acute bleeding is a situation that requires immediate intervention in order to prevent further blood loss. The acute process can occur spontaneously or in conditions of chronic hemorrhage or bleeding. The overall assessment of the patient who has this pathology should go through three stages:
- determination of blood loss,
- finding out the most likely etiology,
- choosing the right treatment.
Limited evidence, expert advice and recommendations decide how to quickly stop uterine bleeding. The choice of treatment method depends on the clinic and etiology, taking into account the main medical problems. The two main tasks of management are: stop bleeding and control to reduce menstrual blood loss in subsequent cycles. Drug therapy is considered the preferred option for primary treatment. However, certain situations may necessitate surgical surgery.
How to stop uterine bleeding? The drugs used for this purpose are hormonal drugs. They are considered the first line of drug therapy for patients with acute bleeding. Treatment options include combined oral contraceptives and oral progestins.
Antifibrinolytic drugs, such as tranexamic acid, are used to prevent fibrin degradation and are effective in treating patients with any form of bleeding. Tranexamic acid effectively reduces the rate of intraoperative blood loss and removes indications for blood transfusion in surgical patients.
Unpredictable reactions to hormonal and non-hormonal treatment methods can develop in patients with diseases of the blood coagulation system or those who have a suspicion of increased bleeding. A consultation with a hematologist is recommended for such patients, especially if the bleeding is difficult to control or the gynecologist cannot cope with this pathology independently. Desmopressin can help treat patients with von Willebrand disease if it is known that a woman will respond to this drug. It may be administered as an intranasal inhalation, intravenously or subcutaneously. This remedy should be used with caution because of the risk of fluid retention and hyponatremia. It should not be prescribed to patients with massive bleeding receiving intravenous resuscitation. Recombinant factor VIII and von Willebrand factor are also available, and it may be necessary to control severe bleeding. Other impairment factors may require factor-specific replacements.
Patients with blood clotting diseases or platelet dysfunction should avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs because of their effect on platelet aggregation and their interaction with substances that may affect the functioning of the liver and the production of blood clotting factors.
How to stop uterine bleeding with endometrial hyperplasia or myoma? The need for surgical treatment is based on the clinical stability of the patient, the severity of the bleeding, the presence of contraindications for therapeutic treatment, the lack of response to medications and comorbidities. Surgical options include dilatation and curettage of the endometrium, its ablation, uterine artery embolization and hysterectomy. The choice of surgical intervention is made on the basis of the above factors, plus the patient's desire to preserve fertility in the future.
Specific procedures, such as hysteroscopy, polypectomy, myomectomy, may be mandatory if structural abnormalities are suspected as the cause of the identified pathology. Therefore, the question of how to stop uterine bleeding in case of myoma or polyposis is decided in favor of surgical methods. Dilatation and curettage alone (without hysteroscopy) are an inadequate tool for assessing uterine disorders and can only provide a temporary reduction in the intensity of bleeding. If they are performed with concomitant hysteroscopy, then this may be important for those patients in whom intrauterine pathology is suspected, or it is desirable to obtain a tissue sample to detect certain processes. Reports of cases of uterine artery embolization and endometrial ablation have shown that these procedures successfully help with bleeding. Endometrial ablation, although readily available in most centers, should only be considered if other treatments have proven ineffective or are contraindicated. This procedure should be performed only when the woman has no plans for future childbirth and uterine cancer was reliably excluded as a cause. Hysterectomy is used as the final method of treatment for coping with heavy bleeding, which may be necessary for patients who do not respond to drug therapy.
Thus, it was listed in what ways and how uterine bleeding is stopped in the hospital.
In most cases, a woman does not know why she has bleeding, and does not suspect that she has certain predisposing factors for the development of this uterine pathology. But sometimes there are diseases about which the patient knows, and it is her information, as well as additional methods of examination, that help in clarifying the diagnosis and choosing certain treatment tactics.
Bleeding during pregnancy
With the threat of termination of pregnancy there is a severe flow of uterine bleeding with clots. How to stop it, is it possible to save a pregnancy? This will be decided only by a doctor after additional research. If the fetus is not injured and its heartbeat is clearly visible on the ultrasound, it is a chance to save the child by stopping the bleeding with antifibrinolytic and preserving agents. Therefore, the answer to the question "how to stop uterine bleeding at home?", With this pathology can only be obtained from an obstetrician, after visiting a hospital. It is categorically contraindicated to appoint and do something independently, as this may lead to adverse consequences not only for the fetus, but also for the mother.
Breakthrough uterine bleeding
How to stop breakthrough uterine bleeding with medications? You should not do it yourself or prescribe drugs. Only a gynecologist will help you choose a remedy that will reduce the intensity of bleeding. Such pathologies most often occur on the background of hormone treatment, they are characterized by a large loss of blood. This usually involves uterine bleeding with clots. How to stop, what drugs to take if there is a failure in taking pills or the body reacts incorrectly to the hormones injected? All this should be addressed in the gynecological department. When this blood loss is determined by the high level of estrogen, which provoke the endometrium to grow and reject. How to stop uterine bleeding of this nature will be prompted only in the antenatal clinic. Depending on the age of the patient, three-phase contraceptives are prescribed, or progestins for women in the age. At the same time, hemostatic agents and antifibrinolytic drugs are used.
How to stop severe uterine bleeding with hyperplasia? This question is also solved only by a doctor. If a woman has recently undergone curettage of the uterus and obtained a histological result in favor of a diagnosis of hyperplasia, only progestins are shown here, depending on the menstrual cycle in continuous or intermittent mode. If hyperplasia is suspected, then the bleeding is stopped surgically. Curettage of the uterus. Subsequent treatment occurs with the use of progestogens.
Uterine bleeding with menopause
How to stop such bleeding? In this case, the whole arsenal of surgical methods is used, hemostatic and intensity-reducing medications are used, as well as various hormonal preparations.
During the perimenopause, the most common cause of abnormal bleeding is a change in hormonal levels, which prevents ovulation. Regular, but much more difficult periods are very common in the years preceding menopause. For women in their 40s, low doses of birth control pills will help control and severe uterine bleeding. How to stop it and solve problems with other symptoms of perimenopause, including hot flashes, night sweats, premenstrual syndrome and headaches? This will help the use of pill contraceptives when using them on an ongoing basis. After the age of 50, with hormone replacement therapy (which consists in lower doses of estrogen and progesterone than in tablets), the patient can eventually be weaned from hormones in general if the symptoms of menopause gradually decrease.
In perimenopause, some prefer not to take birth control pills, so other conservative methods to stop bleeding can be used in this case. Progesterone-IUD is one such option, and it provides an excellent opportunity for birth control, which can last five years. The device secretes a progesterone hormone that works in the mucous membrane of the uterus, with the result that the monthly flow proceeds without complications. The IUD is the preferred option for women who need reversible methods of contraception.
How to stop uterine bleeding surgically? Endometrial removal is a minimally invasive procedure that has worked well for the treatment of severe bleeding in the perimenopausal period and may even help some patients avoid hysterectomy. Ablation procedures are quite successfully used to reduce the amount of bleeding, in some cases lead to a complete stop of the menstrual cycle. This procedure is not a birth control method and is used only for women who have completed childbearing.
For patients who are not helped by drugs and less invasive options, this perimenopausal surgery may be the best option for deciding how to stop uterine bleeding. In endometriosis, myoma, hyperplasia, polyp, hysterectomy is the most preferred method for women with such changes. In this case, the uterus amputation is possible using various options. A physician should know the associated diseases of such a woman.