With the appearance of unusual secretions from the vagina often anxiety for health. Normally, with the right menstrual cycle, transparent leucorrines occur between the monthly discharge. But the causes of bleeding in the middle of the cycle are not always pathological. All because the female body is very complex, and its work is influenced by some factors. In any case, if there are doubts about the nature of secretion, it is worth contacting a gynecologist.
The ovulatory period is the cause of blood in the middle of the cycle. This occurs due to the rupture of the follicle at the exit of the matured germ cell. For only a few days, the color of the discharge is colored in a pinkish or brown color by the effect of dropping blood into the cervical canal.
The walls of the uterus at the time of attachment of the ovum often bleed. The ovum binds to the sperm within 24 hours after release. It takes some more time for cell merging to get to the uterus and attach to it. At the time of the introduction of the fetus into the endometrium, its tissues are damaged, and a small amount of blood is secreted. This is considered the very first sign of pregnancy.
Against this background, a woman may have a scanty thin discharge of blood color 5–7 days before the supposed start of critical days.
With improper egg implantation and flaking, the pregnancy spontaneously terminates. In this case, there is a delay, after which the monthly appear again.
Examination by a gynecologist
An inaccurate gynecological examination is another cause of bloody discharge in the middle of the cycle. After examining the genitals, examining or treating them, damage to the blood capillaries and blood vessels may occur. The whites are pinkish and reddish in color, and do not exceed drops in volume.
Procedures that can damage the mucous membrane of the female organs:
- When using an ultrasound probe, an expanding mirror and a colposcope. Inspections using such devices can be carried out no later than 12 days of the cycle. If the integrity of the vessels was broken, then after a few days the wounds are tightened, and the daub goes away.
- Scraping after abortion and miscarriage.
- A smear of the cervical mucosa or vagina. The cause of the blood discharge in the middle of the cycle is the seizure of a small portion of the mucous membrane. They are rather short, only a few hours after visiting the doctor.
For several years after the onset of menstruation, bloody discharge may occur. The causes of this out of menstruation are associated with the unstable hormonal background of a teenager. Fluctuation of hormones during the period of maturation occurs due to insufficient maturity of the ovaries and other genital organs.
Hormonal imbalance in adult women causes the onset of menopause. Ovarian function deteriorates due to aging. The menstrual cycle becomes irregular, there may be bloody discharge on any day of the cycle. With the complete extinction of the functions of the female organs, the periods stop coming. The dirty work also ends.
It is worth remembering that the discharge with blood in the middle of the cycle should not cause pain in the back or abdomen, burning or itching, and also have no foreign odors. Color should range from pink to brown. Scarlet or dirty shade indicates the development of diseases.
If the disturbing characteristics of the discharge appear, you should immediately contact your gynecologist for help. After 45 years, every woman is at risk of cancer. To prevent the occurrence of dangerous diseases, it is necessary to visit a female doctor at least once a year.
In addition to age-related changes, other factors influence the hormonal background. These include:
Hormone therapy for infertility or severe menopause. Drugs can disrupt the menstrual cycle and cause discharge in its middle.
- Depressive states, severe stress and overwork. All this has a strong effect on hormones, the failure of which disrupts the functioning of the reproductive system.
- Dietary disorders and avitaminosis. If the body lacks any elements, the hormone production is disturbed by the body. This can lead to the development of pathologies in the genital area. Under their action, there is a change in the blood vessels, which begin their flow of blood whites.
- Overweight and impaired metabolism.
- Acceptance of oral contraceptives. Normal blood secretion may occur during the first three months of administration. If they do not stop after this period, you should consult a doctor. Perhaps the drug is not suitable. After the change of pills daub stops and the cycle returns to normal. Repeating the symptoms requires an examination, because blood can cause serious health problems.
- Incorrect installation of the intrauterine device, which leads to damage to the walls of the uterus.
- Problems with blood clotting caused by a disease or taking blood-thinning drugs.
Endocrine and Liver Diseases often cause an imbalance of hormones. It can lead to the proliferation of the walls of the uterus and the appearance of neoplasms of any nature.
The bloody secretions of bad smell and non-standard color are often considered a symptom of a benign or malignant tumor.
Diseases accompanied by non-standard secretions in the middle of the cycle:
Inflammation in the uterus, appendages and vagina.
- Violation of the ovaries.
- Infectious diseases, sexually transmitted diseases. Spotting often has a terrible smell and liquid structure that resembles foam.
- Endometriosis. Modification of the endometrium contributes to the violation of the integrity of blood vessels. As a result, there may be discharge up to bleeding.
- Pathological changes of the cervix. Polyps and cancerous tumors deform and destroy organ tissue.
- The growth of fibroids can damage the walls of the uterus, especially when the walls swell. In addition, menstruation becomes painful and prolonged.
- Early cancer of the uterus is accompanied by small secretions that resemble rotten meat in color and smell. Their structure is often with dark clots.
Actions for anxiety symptoms
If a bloody daub in the middle of the cycle takes longer than three days, its structure resembles dark clots or foam, you should not let everything flow by itself. Also, the symptoms of pathology is an unpleasant smell and general ailments with lower abdominal pain. If uterine bleeding occurs, you need to call an ambulance immediately, because it can threaten the life of a woman.
After a complete examination of the female organs and the thyroid gland, treatment is prescribed. It is based on increasing hemoglobin and restoring hormone levels in the body.
If the discharge does not have a pathological nature, the gynecologist makes recommendations for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and also advises to reduce mental and physical stress and limit stressful situations.
Hormonal fluctuations associated with the onset of ovulation
Most often non-abundant bleeding from the vagina, appearing in the middle of the monthly cycle, is associated with hormonal fluctuations that occur at the beginning of ovulation. In gynecological practice, this condition occurs in 30% of women of reproductive age. At this time, a large amount of estrogen is produced in the female body (a sex hormone that affects the uterine wall mucosa), which can cause the appearance of insignificant secretions with blood.
Normally, ovulatory bleeding is smearing and lasts no more than 72 hours. They are characterized by pinkish or brownish staining. It should be noted that in this state a woman does not need to use special hygiene products. Most often, such intermenstrual bleeding occurs at 10-15 days from the beginning of the cycle. In that case, if they become abundant and last more than three days, then the woman needs a gynecologist's consultation, since this condition can signal the presence of hidden pathology.
In the female body in the early stages of pregnancy there are extensive changes in the hormonal background, sometimes leading to the appearance of bleeding. They occur during the implantation of a fertilized egg into the uterus (the period at which loosening of the uterine mucosa occurs and the development of new blood vessels in it). In the event that such secretions are not accompanied by pain, they do not pose any danger.
Spotting in the middle of the menstrual cycle is the norm for women who take oral contraceptives for less than three months. As a rule, such secretions are rather scanty, do not cause discomfort and pass very quickly.
However, bleeding can occur after the use of emergency contraceptive drugs, as well as in those women who are protected from unwanted pregnancy with the help of the intrauterine device.
Endometrial polyps - this is a benign neoplasm on the pedicle, penetrated by blood vessels. According to most experts, they are one of the manifestations of hyperplasia (proliferation of the inner layer of the uterus). Polyps occur on the background of hormonal and non-hormonal disorders, and can also cause intermenstrual bleeding and bleeding.
Tumors of the uterus and cervical canal
In some cases, bleeding in the middle of the cycle are satellites of uterine fibroids. As a rule, they develop in patients with submucosal myoma at birth of myoma node.
At the same time, malignant tumors that occur in the body of the uterus and in the area of the cervical canal can provoke such a condition. That is why experts call, in order to prevent this or that pathology, to regularly undergo gynecological examinations.
STDs (sexually transmitted diseases)
Another cause of brownish discharge in the middle of the menstrual cycle are sexually transmitted infections. This condition may be accompanied by fever and severe pain in the lower abdomen. After the diagnosis and appropriate treatment, eliminating the root cause of this condition, discharge stops.
Mid-cycle spotting: what to do?
In the event that the bleeding occurring in the middle of the menstrual cycle is a consequence of the development of the pathological process, then most often this condition is eliminated through conservative treatment, but in rare cases surgical intervention may be required.
When the cause of bleeding are hormonal imbalances, the doctor must correct the hormonal balance and establish the correct work of the female genitalia. However, if such a situation arises against the background of metabolic disorders, as well as in the presence of overweight, the woman necessarily needs the help of an endocrinologist and correction of nutrition.
When a patient is diagnosed with a genital infection (as well as her sexual partner), antibacterial therapy, immunostimulants and anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed.
If any neoplasms are found in the uterus that provoke the occurrence of bleeding in the middle of the cycle, the woman should be under the constant supervision of a doctor, who, if necessary, will make a decision about the surgical operation.