Children grow up, every day parents have to solve all new tasks in relation to education. At a certain point, mom and dad understand - it's time to explain to the offspring what menstruation is. Parents can even argue when deciding which of them should initiate a conversation on a delicate subject. How to explain to the child what is monthly and at what age do you need to start a conversation?
When to start a conversation?
Sometimes parents delay the conversation, believing that the child has not yet reached sufficient maturity. When to start a conversation? Is there a universal age at which you need to talk with a sibling? It turns out that each child may be ready to accept this or that information in due time. Should be guided by several factors:
- Monthly can start at the girl at 11 and even at 10 years old, so you need to talk with her in advance.
- It is worth looking at the child and assess how much he or she is interested in “forbidden topics”.
- Sometimes the offspring itself starts asking questions about the physiological characteristics of women and men. If he is more than 8 years old, then it is quite possible to begin answering his questions substantively.
- If the classmates of the son do not hide their interest in issues of gender and relations between girls and guys. Such conversations sometimes occur in a children's company, adults can witness jokes on this topic.
Preparation for conversation
Some parents need only start a conversation, the words themselves come to mind. Others hardly select phrases, especially when the question concerns sensitive topics. If you consider yourself to be of the second type, it makes sense to prepare for a conversation with the help of available materials:
- Search for special literature, in which accessible language explains how menstruation (regula) in women. This may be a children's encyclopedia, a magazine for parents. You can read the material and explain it to the girl with your own comments. In addition, she will be able to subsequently read this information itself, and view pictures and photos if any questions arise.
- It will be great if you can pick up videos on this topic. You can watch a movie or even a cartoon with your daughter, answering her questions in the course of the plot.
If the upcoming conversation seems to be very difficult for mom, she can find information in a book for parents.
How to build a conversation? How to tell the girl about her period, so that she does not feel disgust and is not frightened? What should I talk about right away, and what should I leave for later? First of all, you need to think in advance about the structure of the conversation, and then the order in which it is best to present the information. We propose to build the stages of conversation in the following sequence:
- Girls are small women. First you need to be reminded that any girl will grow into a woman who in the future may become a mother. Women have reproductive organs that allow the uterus, ovaries to be carried out. The girl has the same organs, but they are still small and grow with her.
- Preparing for future motherhood. At the onset of a certain age (11-14 years old), the girl's body signals that it is entering a new stage - preparation for future motherhood. The girl begins menstruation. It should be mentioned that almost all women have bleeding, there is nothing terrible or shameful in this process.
- Hygiene. Separately, you need to talk about that during critical days you need to comply with hygiene especially carefully. During this period, pathogenic microflora is easier than usual can reach the internal organs, leading to diseases of the genitourinary system. Gaskets need to be changed regularly and do not neglect water procedures.
- What is PMS? This terrible abbreviation, about which they know almost everything, stands for the words “premenstrual syndrome”. It is imperative to warn her daughter that during this period she may have mood swings, she may cry for no apparent reason, or feel offended and lonely. The main thing that a girl should be aware of is a temporary condition, it will surely pass.
Striving for dialogue
To tell in general about menstruation is not enough, it is important to wait for questions. If the daughter or son asks nothing after the story, most likely, the child is not ready to discuss this issue with the parents. There may be several reasons: the daughter already knows a lot from communication with her classmates, or she doesn’t trust her parents and is embarrassed to speak on intimate topics.
Both options require careful study. What to do if the offspring does not go on contact? It is worth waiting a couple of days after the conversation - a teenager may take time to understand the information, and a little later he will come to his parents with his questions. If the child continues to be silent and does not return to this topic, then it is necessary to act. Try to talk again, ask what he cares about and what he knows about “critical days”.
It happens that the conversation does not work - do not give up. Any conversation is better than keeping silent and ignoring the problem.
If the child is not ready to make contact - it is not necessary to insist, it will be possible to talk later
Questions to answer
Since it’s quite difficult to tell your daughter about your period with all the details, you should prepare for the conversation in advance and think about how to answer questions that may arise during the conversation. Often, a teenager is curious about how painful the critical days are, how many days they last and what to do if they start unexpectedly? If a boy is growing up in a family, it is also necessary to talk with him about this topic, but the conversation may be shorter and more general. We will try to answer the most popular questions of children about menstruation.
Monthly - does it hurt?
The girl may worry that the bleeding is accompanied by pain. It is necessary to explain that the regulators usually pass painlessly, only at the beginning of the cycle, discomfort can occur in the lower abdomen. However, each girl experiences their own feelings and some complain of abdominal pain, upset stool, dizziness. It is also worth telling that before menstruation the breast swells and becomes painful.
When to start a conversation
An attentive mother is obliged to prepare the child for this day in advance. But not everyone knows how to tell your daughter about the monthly most correctly. What should I talk about and how to do it as tactfully as possible. Critical days can begin in girls at a very early age, up to 8 years. Puberty can be both early and late. The sexual development of children depends on various physiological reasons, but regardless of age, the onset of menstruation is always accompanied by a change in the appearance of the girl.
The changes that have occurred, as well as unstable hormones, can negatively affect the well-being of her daughter, so every mother should prepare for the menstrual cycle in advance to be ready to answer all questions of interest.
The main signs of the approaching menstruation:
- the shape changes, the chest begins to grow,
- hair begins to grow, in places where they were not there before,
- acne, acne or dandruff appear,
- sweating appears
- due to the active work of the glands, the hair on the head begins to get dirty faster.
Preparing a child for a conversation
How to explain to a child what a period is, every mother should know. With the help of a conversation on such a sensitive topic, it is possible to prevent the appearance of complexes and to protect against early pregnancy. That is why it is very important to clearly explain to the girl that menstruation is a natural physiological process, which should not be shy, but at the same time be extremely careful. At this time, the body begins to rebuild, as is the preparation for future motherhood. Moms should prepare for the conversation in advance.
The conversation should be confidential and at the same time fully disclose all the nuances.
- Psychologists are advised to begin a conversation with a child at the age of 10 years. Information should be accessible and easily perceived. At this age, you do not need to talk in detail about the anatomy of the female body. Suffice it to say that the daughter will soon become a girl, because her period will start, pubic hair will appear and the breast will begin to grow.
- At 12–13 years old, girls can be given more specific information about the structure of the female body. Start a conversation better with the study of the anatomy of the female body. All information should be clear and accessible. For convenience, you can use the medical book manual with pictures.
- During the conversation it is better to focus on your own experience, to talk about your feelings and experiences.
- In order to interest the child, you can include a science film for children or a teaching cartoon. Thus it is easiest to organize the learning process. The main thing is to watch the video together to explain incomprehensible moments or to answer questions of interest.
- It is imperative to mention that menstruation lasts from 3 to 5 days, as well as the importance of tracking the menstrual cycle.
The rules of hygiene in the days of menstruation
The first menstruation begins with the appearance of small secretions of red or brown color. They are called menstrual blood. During the first 3–7 days, the discharge of blood is scant, about 150 ml. The duration of the menstrual cycle is individual and can be 21–35 days.
Prior to sexual activity, it is best to use hypoallergenic pads. With them it is more convenient to follow the menstruation and change to a new one. Change the gasket to clean you need from 5 to 7 times a day. Use tampons during menstruation is possible only after the onset of sexual activity. A tampon is replaced every 1.5 hours. This is important, otherwise you can provoke the development of infections in the vagina.
During menstruation can not:
- Do gymnastics or physical education.
- Put ice on the belly or a heating pad.
- Take a hot bath (even for the feet).
- Raise heavy things.
- Take medication without parental permission.
- Swim in the pool or open water.
What should be emphasized when talking
When speaking, particular attention should be paid to the following important points that all teenagers should know:
- In medicine, a normal menstrual cycle is considered normal, which occurs after the same number of days every month. The first few years the cycle may be irregular. There are also a number of reasons due to which the cycle can get lost, for example, stress, climate change, weight lifting. Such situations should be avoided because it is dangerous to health.
- The stability of the menstrual cycle is greatly influenced by the nutrition of a teenager. In order to lose weight as quickly as possible, many girls at this age become interested in diets. It is important to explain to the child that an unbalanced diet, in which there are no fats and carbohydrates necessary for the body, can provoke a change in the cycle and harm health. To avoid problems, parents should talk about proper nutrition and closely monitor their daughter's diet.
- It is very important to know how to tell the girl about her period, because this is an important sign of maturation of the reproductive system. This means that any sexual intercourse without the use of contraceptives can lead to pregnancy.
Will it hurt when menstruation occurs?
This question is best answered as accurately as possible in order to warn the child in advance. Almost all women in the first days of menstruation experience discomfort in the form of aching spasmodic pain in the lower abdomen. This is considered a normal physiological phenomenon. In those cases when menstrual pain is too strong, it is better to go to a gynecologist's appointment.
What if menstruation starts at school or any other public place?
It is necessary to prepare in advance for the appearance of regul and always carry a few gaskets. If the girl did not have them, you can go to the school first-aid post and ask the nurse. You can use bandages and cotton wool. If you feel unwell and have abdominal pains, it is better to take time off from your teacher at home.
Many girls and even adult women are afraid to visit a gynecologist, which can lead to extremely negative health consequences. Therefore, it is the responsibility of every mother to instill a habit in her daughter not to be afraid of this specialist and to visit him regularly.
There are mothers who do not take their daughters to see a doctor, because she is a virgin. It is not right. If a girl does not live sexually, she is examined through the rectum. Therefore, it is necessary to undergo a regular inspection of all.
How exactly to tell the girl about her period, and what time to choose for this, each mother knows for herself. It should be remembered that a confidential conversation with a child will help in the future to avoid many health problems. Therefore, do not be shy and time consuming. Every girl should know what is menstruation and how to behave with her appearance.
When to start talking with your daughter about menstruation
Any mother guards, surrounds with care, cares, cherishes her child. Naturally, to be different and should not. It seems that not much time has passed since that joyful moment as a daughter appeared in the family.
Most recently, the first word was said, first went to kindergarten, school. Many joyful, unforgettable events were lived together. Years quickly ran away, the time was left when the daughter was a carefree, idiotic little girl and now in front of her parents is a teenager.
At about 12 years old, the daughter begins to form secondary sexual characteristics, which usually causes embarrassment in the girl. This period is the most suitable for talking about some features of her female body. Although, it will be better if mom starts talking about soon changes in the girl's physiology a little earlier.
The onset of menstruation can greatly scare the girl, if you do not first prepare her for a possible onset of changes in her body. If the daughter is ready and informationally “grounded”, then she will be able to calmly accept the beginning of her period.
Starting at about 10 years old daughter, it is worth starting to prepare the daughter for future changes. In an acceptable form, talk about what constitutes menstruation, tell about its inevitability. Making it clear - menstruation is a natural process that occurs in the female body.
Why is it important
There is a category of parents who believes that talking about menstruation with her daughter is not at all necessary. Such parents give their daughter the right to deal with this issue on their own.
Older women remember that at the time of their growing up they didn’t talk about such a topic. Subsequently, the appearance of menstruation caused a shock and sometimes scarecrow to an unenlightened girl, because of what they saw, complexes and fears developed.
In the modern world there are no taboo topics, it is more liberated, informed. On the Internet, books, movies, you can find answers to any questions that may arise. Of course, there is a huge drawback in this: sex propaganda, lack of censorship of materials viewed by teenagers. Many parents completely lost control over their growing up children. Most of them have no idea what they are listening to, what books they are watching, their own children are reading.
It often happens that parents do not know how to talk with their daughter about menstruation. No matter how difficult it was, but it is necessary to talk to her daughter, so that later, because the girl was not informed in time and reliably, she did not acquire complexes that could be avoided.
How to prepare a daughter for a conversation
To make the conversation as informative and useful for a girl as possible, you should prepare for it. It is not necessary that the conversation took place immediately from "A" to "Z". It is possible and even necessary to submit information gradually, so that she has time to properly postpone in a child's understanding. Be prepared to hear your daughter ask a few clarifying questions, so the following recommendations can be used to prepare for the conversation.
- It will be useful to touch on the theme of menstruation from an early age. You can talk about the monthly fragments, wedging them into daily conversations with your daughter, describing various natural functions, so that the child can more easily perceive the information. You can tell the girl that when she grows up, her body will change. Then she will become an adult woman, such as a mother.
- Gradually speaking, it is worth mentioning more specific facts.. You can talk more about menstruation. It is as if in between times to notice that if a girl already has her period and at the same time lives sexually, then she can become pregnant.
- Questions should be answered, given the age of the child. For example, if the daughter of a first grader saw your box with sanitary pads, it will be enough to say, without going into details, that you use them when menstruation arrives.
- It is necessary to understand what exactly the daughter asks. It would be more correct to ask what she knows about menstruation. Based on this, it will be possible to navigate what specifically needs to be told. Быть может, она слышала, как о месячных рассказывал, кто-нибудь из подруг, и уже имеет общее представление об этом явлении. Чтобы рассказать достоверные факты, надо выяснить, правильно ли она поняла услышанное.On top of that, you will have time to think about how you will answer her questions correctly.
- Use your experience to talk with your daughter. Before the start of the conversation is to find out, maybe she has questions. But, unfortunately, ninety-nine children out of a hundred, feeling awkward, will refuse such communication. Therefore, it is necessary to choose an easier approach. Tell me how you were worried at her age, whether you will feel pain when menstrual periods come and ask if she thinks about it.
Do not forget that the child may ask a question to which you do not know the answer, then you should honestly confess to him about it.
Which parent should take on this conversation and why
It is very important which parent takes the mission to tell her daughter about her period. For example, it will be very difficult for father to tell his daughter about what changes will occur with her growing up organism. Therefore, it is more logical to talk to the mother.
Unfortunately, there are times when a girl has no mother. Then the grandmother, aunt or elder sister can answer all the questions of interest. The main thing is that the child trusted this person and could easily carry on conversations about the hidden.
Sometimes, the fathers also tried as much as they could to talk about menstruation with her daughter, which caused her many questions. And the father himself was very embarrassed as a result. There are educational conversations in middle classes, although this is not enough.
For a start, it’s worth telling about the structure of the female body (external sexual characteristics, internal organs). Visual aid can be the mother’s own body, not his example to consider, distinguishing between children's female figures.
The next point of the conversation is acquaintance with the internal features of the female body (you need to speak in accessible language for the child). The main thing is for the daughter to understand why every month all her life goes monthly.
It is not necessary to emphasize that the monthly can go painfully, as well as keep silent about it. She must remember that this happens to all women without exception.
It should also be noted that it is now, when the eggs in her body mature, you can become pregnant (if you live sexually). Therefore, we can talk about the methods of contraception for young girls.
What is monthly and what are they for?
The girl must understand the importance of the menstrual cycle. It is important to explain to her that everything that happens to her is of great importance - the body is preparing for future motherhood.
On average, menstruation occurs between the ages of eleven and fourteen years. It depends on various factors, for example: genetics, nutrition, climate, diseases. Menstruation happens every month, somewhere around the age of forty eight. At its beginning affect: the uterus, ovaries, pituitary.
In the ovary is the follicle. It contains an egg cell. Each month, the follicle enlarges, ruptures, and the contents, along with the egg cell, pour out, moving along the tube of the uterus to its cavity - this process is called ovulation.
In parallel, changes are also taking place in the mucous membrane, since it is being prepared to accept a fertilized egg, swells, and increases blood circulation.
After passing through the fallopian tubes, the egg is attached in the uterus, where the sperm will wait for the remaining month (for this, the egg matures).
If fertilization has not occurred, then the egg is rejected from the uterine mucosa and through the cervix comes out in the form of mucus, clots, blood - this is the menstruation (menstruation). Duration
menstruation ranges from three to five days. It is advisable to keep a calendar with the records of your menstrual cycle.
In a conversation with your daughter about menstruation, you need to talk about hygiene during this period. If you do not follow basic hygienic norms, it will lead to the development of various infections due to the reproduction of pathological microbes and microorganisms, for which menstrual blood is an ideal habitat.
On the advice of gynecologists girls better to use pads than tampons. The first time is to buy them together with my daughter, accompanying the purchase with a story about a variety of gaskets. Later, she will be able to choose the appropriate option for herself.
This is a terrible word - PMS
Do not miss out on the conversation premenstrual syndrome. A surge of hormones can cause changes in the psycho-emotional state of a teenager. A timely conversation will help the girl to understand what is happening to her, and irritability and weakness before the menstrual period will not frighten her or catch her unawares.
It is worth explaining how this happens because the body is hormonally rearranged. Knowing the cause, the unpleasant state will be easier for her to transfer.
If the daughter gratefully accepted the advice and listened to the information, it would be nice to discuss the topic of pregnancy. The knowledge gained will help her in her new adult life to monitor her health and not make mistakes.
What questions can a daughter have?
After the conversation, the girl may ask some questions. It would be nice to give them the correct and complete answers. Ignore them or postpone the continuation of the conversation for later is not worth it. Questions may be:
- Is there pain during menstruation? This is the most frequently asked question. It must be answered reliably. If the monthly cycle proceeds normally, they are painless. There may be unpleasant pulling sensations, but this is a normal condition. If the pain is strong, be sure to take the time to go to the gynecologist with your daughter.
- What is experienced before menstruation? You can answer it using premenstrual signs. At first, each new menstruation will take the girl by surprise, but over time she will learn to listen to her body and will understand when and how the beginning of a new cycle is approaching.
- When do your periods come for the first time? Naturally, after this conversation, she wants to know when it all starts. Between the ages of ten and thirteen, most often in winter.
- There is something white on swimming trunks, why? Seeing this, a teenager may decide that she has some kind of illness. Explain that discharge is a way to keep the vagina clean, this is normal.
- Can they go when I'm at school? Of course, everything can be, for such a case, you need to have a few gaskets with you in reserve or take time off from today's classes to go home.
Instead of conclusion
The beginning of her daughter's monthly period is a new stage in her development. Try to prepare her for his attack, do not stand aside. Try to maintain and maintain a trusting relationship, then the conversation on intimate topics will be given to you more easily. After all, there is still so much intimate talk with your growing up daughter.
Literally 15–20 years ago, menstrual periods appeared at the age of 14–15 years. Now the sexual development of children is somewhat accelerated - acceleration, so menstruation begins at the age of 12 - 13 years. Such data are characteristic both for the regions of Russia and for the countries of Europe. However, pediatricians note some characteristic feature for the southern regions - even earlier puberty. Reasons for seeking medical attention appear when menstruation occurs before the age of 10 years and later than 16 years.
How to approach an important conversation?
In each girl's life comes a stage - the onset of menstruation or menarche. Such a turn of events can be perceived calmly and rationally, if the girl is preliminarily prepared for certain features of her condition, and if the mother or elder sister did not take care of the relevant knowledge in advance, the child may be frightened.
Of course, you can sit and remember as many times as possible the times of the Soviet Union, when it was not customary to discuss the topics of sex, childbirth and personal hygiene even with your own mother. But in the process of observing such strict rules, young girls were left alone with their experiences and a huge number of unclear issues.
The modern world is more liberated, rich with an exorbitant amount of very different information in the library and the Internet, which will give answers to all the questions that have arisen, but who better than mom will be able to prepare a girl for this? Some mothers postpone such an important conversation for “later”, lead when they look at their 9 year old girl, it seems “what period?” she is still a child, and how to start such an unusual conversation? ”
There are a lot of strange stories, probably in your life they met, when a maturing girl thought she was bleeding and something seriously ill, because of the lack of information. So, to avoid such incidents, it is necessary to figure out how to explain to the future girl what awaits her in the near future.
Presumptive conversation plan
As you know, for a successful conversation, you need a carefully thought-out plan of conversation. Pre-conceived plan, helps not to miss a single detail.
Details that need to pay attention before talking:
- Communication tone. Forget about the teacher's tone, it will only frighten off and violate the credibility of the conversation. In order to make everything available and quickly convey to the child, choose a confidential and friendly conversation, then the girl will be able to calmly react to such a new conversation and, without hesitating to listen to the mother or another more mature mentor,
- Place of conversation. Choose a comfortable place that will help you and your child to just relax.
Think over the moments that need to be explained to the child - the approximate time of the onset of menstruation, the peculiarity of the manifestation of this process, the possible appearance of pain, what are the phases of menstruation and what they mean.
Conducting a conversation should be carried out in several stages:
- at the age of 9 years old - for the first time it is not necessary to spread the full arsenal of knowledge about the severity of the female share of all women in the world. The first explanations about menstruation can include very poor knowledge, something like, “soon the body will change, some discharge will appear, you should not be afraid of it, there are special personal hygiene products”. The girl may show interest and wish to know better what it is, so questions should not catch the narrator by surprise, and can nod, close the topic,
- after the first conversation, the girl will already have an idea about the future discharge, so another conversation should be held during the first menstruation or menarche, that is, in 11 - 12 years.
Such a period of time - 3 years - is determined by the different development of children, that is, one girl at 9 years old can take this conversation more seriously and wants to know much more of the initial information, and the other child simply won’t understand what they are trying to convey.
Who should take on this responsibility?
Explaining to the child what awaits her in the process of growing up is rather problematic, therefore, this task should be performed by the mother.
In the event that the girl does not have a mother, the responsibility is assumed by another older woman - a native aunt, older sister, grandmother, that is, any person whom the child trusts and can speak on such frank topics.
In the century there are times when the popes tried to shoulder the burdens, but every time it turned around the appearance of a huge number of questions from the girl, the oppression of his father. Men can not fully cover all the details of the process due to the simple lack of knowledge, as well as a fair share of constraint. Usually in schools, starting with the transition to the middle classes, there is an educational conversation with all the girls, but, as a rule, this is not enough.
Approximate example of a conversation with a child
An innocent child sits in front of you, unsuspecting that it is you who want to tell her. Start with the fact that at the same time as the stages of growing up, the female body begins to acquire a different appearance from the male. First, the girl becomes a girl, then a woman. The process of transforming a girl into a girl is called menstruation.
Be sure to tell us that it is every woman who demonstrates her ability to bear children. Light up the process of the whole menstrual cycle - the normal duration is 28 - 33 days, the normal duration of bleeding is 3 - 7 days, the nature of the discharge is the absence of clots, moderate amount, scarlet color.
Mention that the time of the onset of the first menstruation is different for each girl, this does not mean any pathology, rather depends only on the speed of development of the reproductive system. Convince the girl that the release of blood is not bad, does not mean illness or injury, as was previously perceived. Blood excretion is not accompanied by pain, but pain may be present in the process of endometrial detachment, which is also a normal process.
Do not frighten the child beforehand, even if you had a girl who had observed obvious pains at the onset of the first day of menstruation, that the pain will be severe. Every woman's body reacts differently, and nothing can be foreseen.
Prepare the girl psychologically - during the period of menstruation, she may notice a sudden change of mood, increased irritability, general malaise, nervousness and tearfulness. All these manifestations are related to premenstrual syndrome, and depend on the hormonal background of the girl.
Some aspects that should be given special attention
Some aspects that should be given special attention:
- The menstrual cycle can be lost, especially after severe stress, fatigue, abrupt climate change, etc., and the initial cycle has been unstable for several years. All this is easy to understand and come to the conclusion that physical exertion should be moderate, the girl will eventually learn to recognize the first signs of the approach of menstruation in order to literally limit excessive mobility, the same applies to stressful situations
- Having seen a fair amount of fashion magazines and television programs, girls dream of thinness, bringing their bodies to exhaustion. Improperly chosen diet with complete exclusion of fats and carbohydrates, leads to the cessation of the functioning of the ovaries and the failure of the menstrual cycle. Proper nutrition of a child up to a certain age should be followed by parents, but it is necessary to raise the correct attitude of the girl to this issue in advance,
- And, most importantly, even if parents find it blasphemous to begin such a conversation with their little girl, explain to the child that the onset of menstruation is not just a sign of growing up, but an opportunity to become pregnant. What exactly your child needs to know from this topic, every parent will decide for himself, but remember that neglect or constraint are often the cause of early pregnancy, and possible abortions with subsequent consequences,
- Personal hygiene products. Explain that personal care products should be changed every time to new ones, and you should often visit the ladies' room to assess the condition. Do not forget about the soul - too hot water is prohibited, but frequent showering is necessary to prevent infection with any infections. Do not forget to tell you that over time the girl will be able to use other methods of hygiene, for example, tampons suitable for more adult and experienced girls.
If the daughter is interested in issues of physiological maturity, do not shy away from the discussion. It is wrong to assume that the child is “not yet ready”, and the mother has not found the right words, putting the subject aside until the time when it is too late. Therefore, one should be prepared for such issues and not postpone the discussion of this topic until later.
It is well written here how best to approach the discussion of the topic of menstruation.
Why should a boy, especially at 6 years old, be aware of what is monthly?
My 9-year-old daughter before our conversation knew that women have periods. At 9 years old, she became interested in the anatomical features of this process.
Why shouldn't he know that?
First, at this age, such things are perceived calmly, without a touch of constraint and without scabrous jokes. He will have confidence that he always knew this and this is a common occurrence. I heard the story of one guy who would not be in the know and became the subject of ridicule, when he very unsuccessfully showed his ignorance of why it is possible for some girls not to run on physical education.
Secondly, in our childhood, the gaskets were something secret. Now they stand on the shelves of supermarkets, and even end up in packages that Mom makes out! Probably need to lie, why do I buy them? My friends asked my son to buy tampons for him - "so that I could also dive in the pool! Like an aunt on TV." He was at that time 4.5 years old.
When mom needs to start talking about menstruation
Start an important conversation to a certain age, when the girl will be ready for him. In this regard, mothers can make two common mistakes.
Some are silent until the last moment and explain something to their daughters only when the critical days have already begun. Meanwhile, the blood of a child is always associated with pain, trauma. A misunderstanding of the situation can provoke a strong fright and even mental trauma.
Непонимание ситуации может спровоцировать у неподготовленного ребёнка сильный испуг и даже психическую травму
В связи с этим вспоминается яркий эпизод из романа Маккалоу Колин «Поющие в терновнике». Когда у главной героини, пятнадцатилетней Мэгги, начались месячные, она страшно испугалась этого, скрывала от семьи и несколько месяцев думала, что умирает от «постыдной кишечной болезни». In the end, it happened that the priest of the local church, and not her mother, was forced to explain the truth to the girl.
She clenched her hands.
“Father Ralph, I'm dying, I have cancer.”
“It's already half a year since it started, Father Ralph.” I have terrible pains in my stomach, but not because I feel sick, and ... oh, Father Ralph ... so much blood flows!
Father Ralph threw up his head sharply, during confessions this never happened, he looked at her shyly lowered head, engulfed in a storm of contradictory feelings, and could not collect his thoughts at all. Ridiculous, joyful relief, wild anger at Fiona [author: mother of the girl] - he was ready to kill her, awe, admiration - such a little one and so bravely kept on, and immeasurable, ineffable embarrassment ...
“You are not dying, Maggie, and you have no cancer.” I should not have explained this to you, but I will explain it better. Your mother should have told you everything long ago, prepared you in advance, I won’t mind why she didn't do that.
To avoid this situation, mothers need to start a conversation on time, in advance - when their daughter is about ten years old (because modern girls start puberty earlier than, for example, twenty years ago).
Another mistake of adult women is that they start from their past experience and begin to enlighten their child at the age when they themselves learned about their period. However, each organism is individual, and in such a delicate matter one cannot be guided by a single heredity.
In general, the mother should listen to her feminine intuition, as well as observe the external changes in the girl's body. So, the following signs will be signal:
- Sharp body height.
- Enlargement of mammary glands.
- The appearance of hair in the armpits and pubis.
- Acne on the face, increased oily skin.
- Changes in the psyche, behavior: the girl becomes sharper, more irritable (the work of hormones affects).
- Periodic weak cramping abdominal pain.
How to successfully organize a conversation
Intimate conversation is important to start correctly. No need to do it very sharply (right to the point). If you tear the girl away from any occupation, sit in front of her and seriously declare that she is now learning something very important, then the child can simply withdraw into herself or subconsciously perceive the information negatively.
Incorrectly chosen moment can spoil the whole important conversation.
It is best to choose a time when the mother and daughter are alone at home, the girl is not particularly busy with anything and is always in a good mood. Alternatively, you can talk during a walk, for example, in a cozy park or park, where there are no people nearby.
It’s good to start a conversation with a discussion of related topics, for example, to notice how the daughter has changed lately (she seemed prettier, more adult), and then smoothly move on to the topic that concerns her mother.
A woman must also provide for a soft tone of conversation, a facial expression (no need to make too serious a face), gestures.
The right tone, smile, tactile contact are the keys to a successful conversation with the child.
An interesting trick - initially to cause the curiosity of the girl: for example, show the gasket and ask “Do you know what it is? You wonder why this is necessary? ”.
You can cause the initial interest of his daughter, showing her gasket
What aspects to pay attention to, and what not to emphasize
To build a conversation about menstruation is good according to a well-thought-out plan, for example, to use this option:
- Stages of child development, the difference in the constitution of a girl and a girl. Here it is worthwhile to activate the already existing knowledge of the daughter: let her tell all that she already knows, and ask what interests her.
- What is the menstruation, her harbingers of the girl. Time to start menarche (first menstruation). Cycle length
- Features personal hygiene during critical days, which cannot be done during critical days.
- Possible problems associated with menstruation (for example, its long absence). It is important to focus on nutrition. After all, many teenage girls inadequately assess their appearance and begin to exhaust themselves with diets. This leads to a violation of the cycle.
It is not necessary to immediately "lay out" the entire amount of information. The conversation can be carried out in 2–3 stages. It is very good to use your own experience: to tell about your experiences in the same period.
A daughter must understand that her period is a completely natural process that marks the transformation of a girl into a girl.. And in the strength of the mother to present everything in such a way that the child will not only not be afraid of the first blood, but will wait for this event as a holiday.
In the strength of the mother to inspire the girl that menstruation is a joyful event in life
It is very important to explain to the girl that menarche happens at different ages. And if her classmates already have critical days, this in no way means that they are better and more mature.
In this regard, I remember my classmate Julia. Up to grade 9, the girl was short and had a “childish” physique. She had not yet had monthly periods (she herself admitted this), which caused ridicule of many other, more “adult” contemporaries. After grade 9, Julia left school and I have not seen her for several years. What was my surprise when one day at a graduate meeting I saw a tall busty girl (she later became a mother of two children). So the late onset of menstruation does not at all indicate a lack of femininity and inadequate reproductive function.
There are things that it is better not to touch in the first talk about menstruation, so as not to cause the girl to have unnecessary fears:
- Possible very painful sensations during critical days. Here it is possible to carry stories about travails.
- Deepening in issues of sexual intercourse, loss of virginity, sexually transmitted diseases. Of course, all this is very important, but it is a topic for a separate conversation, which is not yet 10–11 years old. If the girl has any questions from this area, the mother does not need to leave the answer, blush, and briefly explain in the age-accessible language, without going into details.
At 7 or 8 years old my sister told me everything, took a biology textbook for the 9th grade, and in the pictures she told and showed everything. It was very interesting. Do not hesitate to tell your girls about it, they took a picture book, the textbook in my opinion is the thing that was told and given for study (it will be much more interesting to study without you), and what will be unclear will ask later. Well this is physiology, you need to know.
I explained that absolutely all girls, girls and women have menstruation. They appear when the body matures, from this moment, when they appear, the girl becomes even more beautiful, more mature and accordingly more responsible. And they will always, once a month. And when menstruation first appears - it is a holiday for the whole family. I did not go into details, but I clearly assured that it was not painful and not scary. And showed what beautiful gaskets are sold, and she will choose them. In general, we barely waited for menstruation. A little 3 years old - also knows approximately that such a phenomenon exists, and this is the norm.
I have no daughter (I have a son). But I remember myself. When I was 12 years old, my parents took me off the game and started this topic. Everything was decorous, calm, with all the right words. But ... if I had a daughter, I would know that: 1) you need to wait for the right moment, the mood of the girl so that she is calm and serious, 2) categorically exclude dad from the conversation, even if the relationship is wonderful, it is not his a business. This I now correctly perceive, but I remember my teenage feelings. It was disgusting for a long time, although I did not show it. Mommy, you were once girls ... remember yourself.
Buy an encyclopedia for girls with pictures. Sit together, consider, read. Children often believe in the authority of books more ... My 8 is not yet, but we have already studied many questions about the “Sexual Encyclopedia for Girls 7–9 years old” ... And clearly, and accessible, and the words do not need to search. And even look in the eyes, shy, too. For girly it will be very important ...
My just clearly ached a bit lower abdomen and irritability appeared, pimples on the forehead. It was 11 years old. Once again, when she complained that her stomach was aching, I told her everything, because of what it could be. Showed how the pads look and how to use them and put one in the briefcase just in case. And I was not mistaken, after a week somewhere began.
Modern children grow up early, and they learn about many important aspects of life and health on the street, from TV and the Internet. Therefore, mom should hurry up and talk in time with her daughter about her period. This should be done delicately by choosing the right moment and highlighting all the important questions for this topic.
How rich is the blood flowing?
Often it seems to girls that the blood from the vagina is flowing, this picture especially scares those who are afraid of her appearance. Mom should answer this question to talk about the regulations based on personal impressions. Blood discharge is usually heterogeneous, often quite thick. In some women, the discharge may be scanty, in others abundant. At the same time, the blood that leaves is already “used” and is not required for the vital activity of the organism. In the human body everything is thought out and arranged in the best way. In exchange for the lost blood, a new one is generated, which is a natural and even useful process.
Sometimes a girl is worried about the question of whether she can lose a lot of blood during critical days. Of course, situations can be different. During this period, you can not expose the body to physical exertion, so as not to cause bleeding, but you should not spend the whole day in bed. It is necessary to lead a normal life with some restrictions.
Gaskets or tampons?
If the age of her daughter is approaching the cherished 11 years, she is very eagerly awaiting the first menstruation. It’s time to prepare a stock of sanitary pads or tampons with mom. What is better to use? This question is controversial today. Some gynecologists tend to strip, others are not so critical and quite admit the idea that a young girl can use special tampons. We want to focus on the fact that tampons are quite difficult to insert, and the pads are more comfortable and easy to use.
It is necessary to prepare for the fact that questions may concern conception, contraception, intimate relations between a man and a woman. It is necessary to think in advance how much information you can give to your daughter or son, depending on their maturity.
Warned - it means everything is in order!
It is not enough to tell that menstruation occurs in almost all women, it is also necessary to explain to the daughter how they go with adolescents. It is necessary to warn her that at first the cycle can be lost, and the menstruation will be uneven. On the website of Dr. Komarovsky there is information that in the first year after the menarche the cycle can be from 20 to 90 days. Installation of the cycle can take six months, even a year or two, you should not worry about this. In order to estimate the number of days between regulations, you need to keep a calendar. It is enough to buy a small copy for the girl and ask her to mark the dates when her critical days begin.
Sometimes a mother thinks that her daughter is just a child and is not interested in the opposite sex - even in this case, she should be the first to touch on the topic of a possible pregnancy. Explain that menstruation means the possibility of becoming pregnant, but does not mean that the body is ready to bear the child. A girl who has already begun her period should be responsible for her body and her life.
What is not worth talking about?
You can talk about regulations in your own words, and also build a conversation according to your own ideas. However, do not frighten the child and tell the young girl about any complications that are quite possible:
- You can not limit the time of the onset of the first menstruation (menarche) hard frame. A girl who did not have menstruation at 13 will assume that she has any abnormalities. It is better to wait a bit and consult a pediatric gynecologist.
- It is not necessary to prepare your daughter in advance for the fact that menstruation is painful, otherwise she will build up fear in waiting. You can also not give them too little importance, saying that menstruation passes unnoticed. This process is physiological, it is worth preparing for it in advance, but not giving up your habits.
- You can not talk about menstruation as if their offensive is something shameful that you should be silent about. In contrast, monthly menstruation is a normal process that occurs with every woman. At the same time, it is possible to talk about them only with close people, without giving out intimate details to the public.
Talk to your child frankly to prepare him for new circumstances. It is not necessary to postpone the conversation indefinitely, because it is better if the girl learns about her monthly from her mother than from someone else. Such conversations strengthen relationships, help parents better understand their child. It is very important not to lose contact with him, especially on the threshold of a complex and interesting teenage period.
Preparing to talk about monthly
Many mothers know: boys should also be informed about female physiology, suggest that the period of menstruation is not at all ashamed, and girls cannot be humiliated or teased by this. A properly raised son will subsequently adequately respond to possible emotional outbursts of his future wife or daughter, which means that his family will have fewer reasons for scandals.
The conversation with the girl is completely different. The daughter should disclose the topic of the menstrual cycle as much as possible: when it starts, its task, signs, how menarche occurs (first menstruation), necessary actions during critical days and what is forbidden to do.
The conversation can take place in 2-7 stages. But it is very important: at the first conversation it is impossible to touch the issues of painful feelings and childbirth. It is still too early and it is not known whether the girl will be difficult to tolerate menstruation or not. The theme of menstruation must be touched before they begin, so that the daughter does not fear blood and does not think about death.
Important questions about menstruation
Mom needs to write the sequence of the conversation herself, before telling her daughter about the first menstrual periods. In the Internet era, women can communicate with many mothers on the forums, which expands the possibilities to learn more about other people's experiences and questions that their daughters have asked. To help parents, oddly enough, has become an advertisement for feminine hygiene pads on television. Children already know the purpose of their destination, so moms smoothly introduce daughters to the latest.
Menarche can occur within 2.5 years from the beginning of breast growth in a child, the appearance of pubic hair and armpits. The norm is age from 9 to 16 years. Many mothers warn their daughter in advance that they want to talk on the subject of menstruation and ask to give the girl the most time. Before the conversation is recommended to have a prepared text with information about menstruation.
The list includes topics:
- after what time does the menarche begin,
- the first signs of an approaching menstruation,
- personal care during the period,
- what needs to be done during critical days,
- that girls are forbidden to commit,
- what are the rates of the cycle,
- possible deviations and recommendations for eliminating the causes,
- Answers to all questions of the daughter accompanying the conversation.
The book Sexual Encyclopedia for children under 9 years old will tell you how to tell the girl about her period. Also, a daughter at school in a special lesson can learn from the health worker about the menstrual cycle and will additionally receive relevant brochures in her hands.
Among the tricky questions often have to give answers to the topics of sexual intercourse, loss of virginity, childbirth, sexually transmitted diseases, condoms, gynecological chairs and abortions. Experts recommended to talk about the whole girl, but in accessible language and words appropriate for her age, promising to talk about it later separately.
Having coordinated with the daughter the conversation time, the mother in a trustful tone can begin by discussing the stages of the child's development and the difference in the constitution of girls, adolescent girls and women. Then it is recommended to ask what she already knows and to which questions she wants to get answers right away. Perhaps, the mother will only have to supplement the information and correct her psycho-emotional perception of the need for the menstrual cycle.
Monthly days and hygiene rules
The appearance of a clear liquid on the underwear before the onset of menstruation, the sensitivity of the mammary glands, "strange" sensations in the lower abdomen and in the ovaries, causing discomfort, belong to the norm of the girl's development.
Menarche begins with the appearance of brown or red spots on the panties or sheet. This is excreted menstrual blood. At one time (3–7 days), it will pour no more than 150 ml, it can be plentiful or poorly. Менструация повторяется каждый месяц, длительность цикла составляет от 21 до 35 дней.
Пока девочка не занимается сексом, желательно использовать только гипоаллергенные прокладки. Так, маме легче будет контролировать течение цикла, а дочке удобнее менять средство гигиены, не причинив вреда своему здоровью. Gasket is changed 4-6 times a day. Tampons are used mainly after the onset of sexual activity. They are changed every 1.5 hours to avoid the development of infection inside the vagina. It is necessary to take a regular shower, often to wash (once every 4-6 hours).
Before the first month of the month, the girl may notice a pulling sensation in the lower abdomen; this expands the cervical canal so that separated fragments of the endometrium more easily come out of the uterus. My daughter these days is often irritated, wants to eat sweets.
During menstruation, it is impossible to actively engage in physical exercise or gymnastics, take hot foot or common baths, lift heavy things, put a heating pad or ice on the stomach, take medicines (analgesics, antispasmodics) without the knowledge of the parents.
Important points in conversation
It is advisable to warn the girl about PMS (premenstrual syndrome), which occurs due to increased production of sex hormones, and then their sharp decline in the body. It is manifested by irritation, crying, frequent mood swings.
The cycle duration for the first 3 years is unstable, then it is leveled. After menarche often comes a break between periods in 1-3 months. This is normal. Deviation is the duration of critical days over 7 days, abundant blood excretion, the onset of menstruation before the formation of the breast and earlier than 9 years.
It is also unnatural if the 17th year of life has not yet reached menarche. In all these cases it is necessary to consult a pediatric gynecologist. The reasons are delayed sexual development, pathology, overweight or thinness.
If a girl complains of severe pain during menstruation, itching in the region of the labia, when there is a yellow-green discharge or any other pathological signs, the child should be taken to a doctor. It is advisable to tell her in advance about the gynecological chair, how to sit on it, what the doctor should do during the examination. Before the age of majority of the child, mothers are recommended to go to the doctor for consultation with the doctor.
How to prepare a daughter to stop being ashamed of a natural theme for a girl? Mom should choose a time when no one will interfere in their conversation. It is recommended to pay attention to whether the child himself is disposed to talk, whether his discussion of menstruation will distract from important activities and similar nuances. Then the conversation will proceed smoothly, sincerely and all the topics will be revealed. After the conversation, once again focus the child’s attention on his willingness to answer all her concerns at any time.
How to start the first conversation
The conversation with the girl should take place in a calm home environment, preferably alone with her mother. If the daughter is the first to decide to discuss this topic, then you should not leave the conversation, but it is better to briefly answer all the questions, offer to postpone the conversation and tell more details next time.
Remember that avoiding the answers is wrong, try to find the right words so that the girl gets all the information she needs.
If you do not know the exact answer to the question, then ask your daughter for some time to fill in the missing knowledge and then return to the discussion. Be sure to keep your promise.
On what grounds can one understand that the period will begin soon
Six months or even a year before the start of the month, the girl may have the first white vaginal discharge, you can notice them on the underwear. It is necessary to explain to the child that they do not pose any threat, but, on the contrary, protect her body from the ingress of infections.
Other first signs of entry into puberty also include changes in the figure: an increase in the chest and hips, the formation of the waist, the appearance of hair in the pubic area and in the armpits.
In women, this condition is called premenstrual syndrome. In addition, acne often appears on a teenager’s face, back, and chest.
What are the first monthly
Menstruation usually begins with the appearance of brownish spots or drops of blood on the linen. Color can change on different days, because menstrual flow consists not only of blood, but also of endometrial particles (mucous membrane that lines the uterus), vaginal secretions, etc.
Already for the first time, excretions can be quite abundant, but more often they, on the contrary, are scarce.
What you need to do when the period began
First of all, the girl needs to be explained that on such days special attention should be paid to hygiene. At a minimum, it is recommended to take a shower in the morning and in the evening, whenever possible and every time you change the gasket.
Since menstruation may begin suddenly in the first months, gaskets may be required at any time.
Buy a small calendar in which the girl will celebrate the first and last days of the month. So it will be easier to track the child's health in the event of a visit to the doctor.
What hygiene products to use
To wash better with special gels for intimate hygiene. With regard to the choice of hygiene products, the first time gynecologists recommend the use of pads, rather than tampons and certainly not menstrual cups.
Pick up gaskets better with my daughter. Explain to the girl that their choice depends on the intensity of the discharge; for this, the manufacturer indicates the number of drops on the packing with gaskets - the more of them, the more blood they absorb.
It is necessary to change the gaskets as they are contaminated, but at least every 3-4 hours.
When to go to the doctor
Despite the fact that the cycle for each girl is set individually and the periods can vary greatly, there are situations in which you need to see a doctor.
It is not necessary to postpone consultation at the gynecologist in the following cases:
- if the first menstruation began earlier than 9 years or did not begin after 15,
- if after the first menstruation more than 5-6 months have passed and since then there were no more discharges,
- if during menstruation a girl experiences very strong pains that cannot be tolerated,
- if the discharge is very abundant,
- if the monthly lasts more than 7 days,
- If during menstruation a girl feels not only weakness, but also severe dizziness, nausea and vomiting appear.
How to eat
During sexual development, adolescents often gain weight. On the one hand, this is due to intensive growth, when the girl needs more nutrients, on the other - with a change in hormonal levels.
Mom, it is important to trace how the daughter eats, what foods prevail in her diet. But the main thing - no diets.
Explain that an excess of "harmful" carbohydrates (sweets, pastries, fast food) provokes not only weight gain, but also the emergence of such unpleasant phenomena as acne (teenage acne). But to supplement the supply of necessary substances in the body will help the inclusion in the diet of meat, fish, vegetables and fruits. For breakfast it is useful to eat porridge, and as snacking and shortly before bedtime, drink kefir or liquid yogurt.
Establish a relationship of trust with your daughter, because she enters a special period for her.
How old should be: at what age do you need to tell?
Usually, the information and the monthly girlfriend inform the mother or female family members. The most difficult thing is to find the answer to the question of how old this girl should be. The popular doctor Komarovsky says that mothers make two kinds of mistakes. Some parents are silent until the very last moment and start a conversation only when the menstruation has already begun. Blood is always associated with pain and damage by a child, and failure to understand what is happening leads to a strong fright. Such a development is fraught with psychological trauma for the girl.
Other parents proceed from their own experience, trying to tell and convey information at the age at which they themselves received it. This approach is also not correct. Heredity plays a big role, but is not a determining factor in what age you need to talk about the cycle.
Komarovsky in his programs speaks about the age of puberty for girls in the period of 8-13 years. Today, the average age of onset of menstruation is the age of 10-11 years. How old a child should be to start a conversation is determined individually.
If menstruation begins before the age of 10 or does not occur when it reaches the age of 16, then this is a cause for concern and a signal to contact a gynecologist.
In all other cases, you must be guided by your own intuition, pay attention to the external changes of the child's body and determine individually at what age it is necessary to convey important information.
Signals about the need to start a conversation
The girl's body is prepared for the beginning of the menstrual cycle, which inevitably is reflected in appearance. For about a year, the girl has seen a sharp increase, which can reach 12 cm. A disproportionate change of body parts occurs, the foot and hand greatly increase. The harbinger of the early onset of menstruation is the appearance of the following signs:
- breast rounding,
- the appearance of hair roots of high fat content,
- the appearance of hair in the pubis and armpits,
- the appearance of oily shine on the face, rashes in the form of acne and blackheads.
The girl in the period before the onset of menstruation, there are sharp changes in behavior, there are previously unusual features, sharp behavior. When such signals appear, it is necessary to prepare how to tell the girl about her periods.
How to talk about monthly: basic recommendations
The ideal option can be considered if the girl herself starts asking questions about the beginning of the menstrual cycle, but in practice this is extremely rare and parents have to initiate the conversation.
It can be difficult for some parents to independently make a plan of conversation, to determine at what age to do it, so you can use special manuals, cartoons on puberty, videos of Dr. Komarovsky’s school.
There is no need to immediately lay out the information in full, so the conversation can be divided into several stages. During the first conversation, it is enough to bring general information and in no case address the possibility of pain or childbirth. Painful consequences may not be, so do not scare the girl in advance.
Start of conversation
You can not start a conversation abruptly, immediately begin with a story about menstruation. It is not recommended to take the child away from classes, sit in front of him and emphasize the importance of the upcoming contract. Such a beginning will lead to the fact that the child closes immediately. To talk should go smoothly in the process of discussing other topics. There should be no drastic changes:
It is necessary to convey to the girl the information that the onset of menstruation is a natural process necessary for turning her into a woman. Mom can share her own experience, talk about her own experiences and feelings during this period. Such a story will show the girl that such events occur in the life of every woman, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Today, many adolescents see actresses as idols who have perfect shapes. It is worth explaining to the girl that the changes in her body are preparing her for such a transformation.
Monthly Talk Plan
It is worthwhile to think out in advance the preliminary plan of the conversation. Such training will avoid confusion and direct the conversation in the right direction. It is worth paying attention to the following nuances:
- the tone of the conversation is friendly, quiet communication,
- place of communication - a convenient place to relax,
- main points of conversation
Children develop in different ways, so the understanding of the essence of the information conveyed may vary. For a child at the age of 9, it is enough to explain that the body will soon change, and discharge is possible, which you should not be afraid of, since this is natural and there are special hygiene products.
At the age of 11-12, explanations should be more detailed and specific. The girl should understand why this is happening and what should be the actions. It is necessary to highlight the following moments of menstruation:
- why is happening
- at what age begins,
- features of the process
- symptoms and possible pain,
- procedures and existing hygiene products,
- which is not recommended during menstruation,
- features of cycles.
What is important to tell?
It is worth mentioning that the time of the beginning of the first menses for girls may differ and the time of their appearance individually. The beginning of the discharge is not a pathology and depends on the rate of puberty. It is recommended to prepare the child for the possibility of pain in the first days of menstruation and explain that this is a natural reaction of the body. Predict the presence of pain is impossible, but such a warning will prepare the girl psychologically.
It is necessary to explain what are the means of hygiene, and how they should be used. Mom should purchase all the necessary things in advance and show her daughter where the storage is. The girl must understand how to control the process, how many times the hygiene product should change. It is necessary to focus on the need for the features of the adoption of water procedures in this period. When taking a shower, you should not make the water too hot, but you should refuse to take hot baths and visiting baths. Such basic knowledge of personal hygiene will help to avoid health problems and cycle violations in the future.
It is necessary to talk about the rules of the menstrual calendar. At first, it is recommended to guide him along with the child. This approach will allow you to control the process of flow of menstruation and teach the girl to order, will accurately determine how long the cycle lasts.
It is necessary to be prepared for the fact that the child during the conversation will ask him questions. It is necessary, if possible, to answer them truthfully and fairly fully and not to try to avoid uncomfortable questions.
If a child doubts truthfulness or gets an incomplete answer, then he will most likely search for information on the Internet or his peers, which in most cases is not a very good source.
What you should pay attention to?
Even if the conversation took place and the problem of how to tell the girl about her period was solved, you should not relax. It is necessary to monitor the regularity of the menstrual cycle, as it can be disturbed due to excessive loads and stresses. It is necessary to minimize the influence of such factors.
Modern adolescents are fixated on thinness, therefore, they often imitate their idols and bring themselves to exhaustion. Restrictions on nutrition and malnutrition can lead to malfunctioning of the ovaries and disruption of menstruation. The task of the parents is not only to control the diet of the girl, but to form the right attitudes in her subconscious. It is necessary to convey to the girl that the period of menstruation is a period of restructuring of the body and the appearance of volumes in the hips and chest is natural and normal.
Some parents, thinking about how to tell a girl about her monthly, try to avoid talking about a possible pregnancy, which is a serious mistake. A girl should have a complete understanding of the processes occurring in her body and understand that the beginning of her period is not only one of the signs of growing up. For the female body, the existence of the menstrual cycle means the possibility of pregnancy.
At what age to start telling the girl about the monthly parents decide on their own. Regardless of how old the child is, it is necessary to convey to him the naturalness of the processes occurring in the body. In the future, the most important thing for parents is to prepare the girl for the beginning of such changes, having armed with all the necessary information.